Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Scripture Really Says About Homosexuality

Didn't Jesus tell Pilate that those who delivered him (Jesus) to Pilate had "the greater sin"? (John 19:11) There are degrees of sin.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenitent View Post
    Didn't Jesus tell Pilate that those who delivered him (Jesus) to Pilate had "the greater sin"? (John 19:11) There are degrees of sin.

What difference does it make if homosexuality or any other sin is viewed in a worse manner by the Lord. Unless a Man be born again, and repent of whatever sin he has committed he shall by no means enter the Kingdom. Arguing over the severity of sin is just not fruitful. Jesus came not to call the righteous but Sinners to repentance. So should we be witnessing to those who have need of the Great Physician.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
    Hooray for missing everything I said! You're mastered the art of the ignoring what I said and bastardizing Scripture by taking it vastly out of its context.
    Hold on while I sit in awe of your intellectual prowess...

OK. Good rebuttal.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Veretax View Post
    What difference does it make if homosexuality or any other sin is viewed in a worse manner by the Lord. Unless a Man be born again, and repent of whatever sin he has committed he shall by no means enter the Kingdom. Arguing over the severity of sin is just not fruitful. Jesus came not to call the righteous but Sinners to repentance. So should we be witnessing to those who have need of the Great Physician.
    Agreed in toto. I was just responding to the mini-debate going on rather there are degrees of sin. Your points are well taken. The best response to homosexuals is to witness to them.

Quote Originally Posted by thepenitent View Post
    Agreed in toto. I was just responding to the mini-debate going on rather there are degrees of sin. Your points are well taken. The best response to homosexuals is to witness to them.
    I had this exact kind of opportunity two or three times in College. I lived in the Dorms, and a "Street Preacher" came, and he preached all kinds of condemnations, such that even I who was not downtown that day heard about it. These folks on my floor, knew that I was a Christian, so to test me they asked me what I thought. Of course I explained that I had not heard what the man said, but if they could tell me a bit about what he said I might be able to explain whether what he said was true or not.

It was clear that for them the only thing they took was that God hated them. They didn't see that there was Salvation from the situation they were in and of course as anyone would they curled up into a defensive posture, and sought an avenue of Attack.

What was my reply? First, I said, that's interesting, I asked if they'd give me a moment to go get my Bible and I'd show them where I thought he was getting those passages. I explained that if all you ever heard were those two passages, what use would it be? They shook their heads like they understood what I said, but I knew they didn't fully. I think said, the bible says if you have one offense to the law you've broken all of it. It doesn't matter which sin it is, one offense, one mistake, and that's it your a sinner.

I then shocked them by revealing something they probably never realized. That I was a sinner too, and was deserving of the Wages for that sin unto death, but as you can see where I'm going, i used that opportunity to thrust into the word of God and preach the gospel to them. I believe that's what we need to preach to people like that. Christ didn't say, Be ye all perfect and have faith, and then ye shall be saved. He called us to put our trust in him as the author and finisher of our faith.

So to issues like this, I believe, salvation is the key.

Thread Information