Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christ's Second coming

Blog Entries

Christ's Second coming

When Christ returns do the believers go into the kingdom in their mortal bodies?
    John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

No.

1 Cor. 15:50 tells us, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Because, 1 Cor. 15:51-54 telling us, when at the last trump shall be sounded, all believers' body will changed into immortality, mortal will be put away, and all believers shall have perfect glory body like Christ and angels.

Whilst, the rest of all unbelievers shall be destroyed at Christ's coming, by casy them away into everlasting fire.

There will be no mortal person on new earth with Christ beyond Second Coming. The reason is, God is so glory and holy. No sin can touch God and on new earth also, in New Jerusalem. Because everything all will be new and holy.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

Hello Dizzy

I was going to say the same thing.
    Jesus promised to come and get us and take us to the Fathers House, the place he has prepared for us.
    We must be dressed appropriately

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Hello Dizzy

I was going to say the same thing.
    Jesus promised to come and get us and take us to the Fathers House, the place he has prepared for us.
    We must be dressed appropriately
    EXACTLY!! AMEN TO THAT! We are going to be New Creatures in Christ and I cant wait! Lord just help me to make it in!

I take it you guys don't believe in the Millennium rule of Christ, on earth? If so, can you explain why?

I'm still kinda new to end time study. I've gone from post-trib to mid trib to pre wrath and am currently pre-trib. I've never been 100% on any of those views, and doubt I ever will be. Flip flopping doesn't really bother me, but I'm still searching for a better understanding on each view.

Thanks much!

I take it you guys don't believe in the Millennium rule of Christ, on earth? If so, can you explain why?

Ill post a new thread soon showing peter was an Amill.

Quote Originally Posted by DIZZY View Post
    When Christ returns do the believers go into the kingdom in their mortal bodies?
    The bible describes a time when Jesus will come back and gather his from the earth. Most Christians call this the rapture, but the bible calls this the resurrection of the Christians.

After the resurrection Christians will then be in a immortal body (we will be like the angels) and we will reign with Christ during the Millennium (1000 year reign of Christ). If you read further in Rev 20 it tell us that this reign will be on earth for 1000 years.

Read scriptures of the resurrection;
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Matthew 22:28-30)

And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just. (Luke 14:14)

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Luke 20:36)

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. (John 11:24)

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: (Rom 6:5)

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
    And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. (1 Corinthians 15:42-44 & 49-54)

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Rev 20:6)
    Our resurrection will just like Jesus resurrection. He went to be with the father in an immortal body, but his dead body was not in the grave.
    Wise men
    still seek Him
    ---------------------------
    * 1 cross
    + 3 nails
    = 4 given
    ------------------

It is best to;
    Build your belief around the bible
    Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
    You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by DigReal View Post

I'm still kinda new to end time study. I've gone from post-trib to mid trib to pre wrath and am currently pre-trib. I've never been 100% on any of those views, and doubt I ever will be. Flip flopping doesn't really bother me, but I'm still searching for a better understanding on each view.

Thanks much!
    hi digreal.

I believe in a litteral 1000 years with Christ, but it will be in heaven.

John14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go(there) and prepare a place for you, I will come back(here) and take you(there) to be with me(there) that you also may be where I am.
    (Insertions mine)

my question to people is: Where is the fathers house on earth?? Answer to that is simple i think, no where. Father God is in heaven, that is where Jesus is now with Him. And that is where we will go for the thousand years. After that we will come back to a new heaven and earth.

bennie

Blog Entries
    So what is the point of the 1000yr reign if the unrighteous have been gathered together and thrown into the furnace. And please don't say not all have been gathered some are left, there is no mention in the bible of that statement.

The elect have been gathered from the four corners of heaven and earth and they are now immortal. What is the point of the millennial reign? Why not just pass the millennial reign collect your $200 and go straight to heaven.

What is there to reign overfor the thousand years?

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Ill post a new thread soon showing peter was an Amill.
    I'm quite sure this will be interesting to read. But I always thought he was nothing but human. But I could be wrong.

Dizzy

I have always had the same question.....

Why, Oh why, does satan had to be loosened after the 1,000 years? Once he is defeated, why can't he just be destroyed then? Why wait?

I am sooooooo new to the whole 1,ooo reign information. Most of it seems so strange to me....the trib has passed, the wrath has occured, we have been raptured....we live with Christ 1,000 years.

Why will there be folks to still be swayed by satan? Who are they?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved! View Post
    I have always had the same question.....

Why, Oh why, does satan had to be loosened after the 1,000 years? Once he is defeated, why can't he just be destroyed then? Why wait?

I am sooooooo new to the whole 1,ooo reign information. Most of it seems so strange to me....the trib has passed, the wrath has occured, we have been raptured....we live with Christ 1,000 years.

Why will there be folks to still be swayed by satan? Who are they?
    The sequence of event according to MHO, premil wise. (and pre trib just for the record)

First off
    --Satan was defeated on the Cross. Christ was victorious and believers, through Christ Jesus, are also victorious

1)Resurrection of the dead in Christ and the changing (Rapture-removing)of the living in Christ..."forever to be with Him"

2)The seven year tribulation

For what pertains more to your cmments:
    3a)Christ returns, throws the beast and the false prophet in the lake of fire and all those who have followed them die, but are not yet sent to the lake of fire, but they physically die and will be resurrected to face judgment and the second death after the thousand years are up.

3b)Those who are saved and alive when Jesus returns are the ones who then inhabit/repopulate the earth during the thousand years that Christ rules from Zion.

4)Satan is prevented from influencing men for a thousand years and as you said. During that thousand years Satan will not be "a lion, seeking whom he may devour" as scripture states he is doing at present, however, at the end of the thousand years he is permitted to do so again and will lead astray those who choose to follow him. And as we read in Rev 20, God nips that in the bud by devouring the rebellious, who will also, with all the other dead who have rejected Christ, be judged and face the second death.

It will not be the raptured or resurrected who have been changed and are with Christ forever from that point on who will be temped by Satan when he is released.

And as far as why, I have no idea, but it is what I believe scripure teaches, me figuring out why has no bearing on what I believe it says or does not say. God may or may not decide to tell QD the why of something.

Quote Originally Posted by bennie View Post
    hi digreal.

I believe in a litteral 1000 years with Christ, but it will be in heaven.

John14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go(there) and prepare a place for you, I will come back(here) and take you(there) to be with me(there) that you also may be where I am.
    (Insertions mine)

my question to people is: Where is the fathers house on earth?? Answer to that is simple i think, no where. Father God is in heaven, that is where Jesus is now with Him. And that is where we will go for the thousand years. After that we will come back to a new heaven and earth.

bennie
    Rev 20 tells us that the 1000 years will be on earth.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

We do get raptured - Go to heaven for the Marriage Supper (Father's House) then we return to earth with Jesus on white horses for the 1000 year reign.

Here is what I see in the Bible.
    Rev 14 -We are gathered.
    Rev 19:1- We go to the Marriage Supper in heaven
    Rev 19:14- We return to earth with Jesus on white horses
    Rev 20;7-8 we reign with him (on earth) for the 1000 years.

Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Rev 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    14 [/u]And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen[/u], white and clean.
    15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
    17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
    19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
    20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,8 And shall go out to [/u]deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth[/u], Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    Wise men
    still seek Him
    ---------------------------
    * 1 cross
    + 3 nails
    = 4 given
    ------------------

It is best to;
    Build your belief around the bible
    Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
    You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by DigReal View Post
    I'm still kinda new to end time study. I've gone from post-trib to mid trib to pre wrath and am currently pre-trib.
    Didreal

Our view point on the Trib is not important. My view point is that the Rapture will happen in the 1st half of the Trib

Just serve Jesus, persevere and be ready any time

I also can not wait for His Second Coming, which I reckon will be in our generation (I am now 48)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post
    The sequence of event according to MHO, premil wise. (and pre trib just for the record)

First off
    --Satan was defeated on the Cross. Christ was victorious and believers, through Christ Jesus, are also victorious

1)Resurrection of the dead in Christ and the changing (Rapture-removing)of the living in Christ..."forever to be with Him"

2)The seven year tribulation

For what pertains more to your cmments:
    3a)Christ returns, throws the beast and the false prophet in the lake of fire and all those who have followed them die, but are not yet sent to the lake of fire, but they physically die and will be resurrected to face judgment and the second death after the thousand years are up.

3b)Those who are saved and alive when Jesus returns are the ones who then inhabit/repopulate the earth during the thousand years that Christ rules from Zion.

4)Satan is prevented from influencing men for a thousand years and as you said. During that thousand years Satan will not be "a lion, seeking whom he may devour" as scripture states he is doing at present, however, at the end of the thousand years he is permitted to do so again and will lead astray those who choose to follow him. And as we read in Rev 20, God nips that in the bud by devouring the rebellious, who will also, with all the other dead who have rejected Christ, be judged and face the second death.

It will not be the raptured or resurrected who have been changed and are with Christ forever from that point on who will be temped by Satan when he is released.

And as far as why, I have no idea, but it is what I believe scripure teaches, me figuring out why has no bearing on what I believe it says or does not say. God may or may not decide to tell QD the why of something.
    Would you agree that believers will inherit the kingdom of God when we are changed and one cannot inherit the kingdom of God without first being changed bodily and putting on incorruption and immortality?

1 Cor 15
    50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

I think we are probably in agreement so far. Here is another passage that talks about the timing of us inheriting the kingdom of God.

Matthew 13
    24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
    25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
    26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
    27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
    28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
    29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
    30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

What we can see in this parable is that the householder did not want his servants, the reapers, to separate the wheat from the tares until the time of the harvest. What does that mean? Jesus explains the parable here:

Matthew 13
    36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
    37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
    38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
    39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
    40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
    41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
    42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Now we can see that the wheat represent the good seed which are the children of the kingdom. The tares are the children of the wicked one. So, the wheat represent believers and the tares represent unbelievers. At the end of the world (age - Greek "aion"), and not a moment sooner, the unbelievers will be separated from the believers. They will be cast "into a furnace of fire". Believers, on the other hand, will "shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.".

So, we will not inherit the kingdom of God the Father until the end of the age. Jesus returns at the end of the age (Matt 24). No one will inherit the kingdom seven years before the end of the age. That is not what Jesus taught. Believers and unbelievers stay in the world together right up until the end of the age. They are not separated seven years beforehand. At the time of the end of the age, believers will inherit the kingdom of the Father and unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire.

Thread Information