Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151655 ... LastLast

Thread: Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B View Post
    Unfortunately coconuts don't grow very well in Canada either.
    I guess I'll have to settle for snow and seal blubber, eh?
    LOL
    (but seriously -don't eat snow. it will lower your core temp.)
    Seal blubber sounds delicious! Eh?

You can order coconut oil via www or even buy it in a healthfood store.
    My brother has a 2 gal container and it only takes a teaspoon or so per day.
    Yuckio!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H View Post
    (but seriously -don't eat snow. it will lower your core temp.)
    You may want to eat snow if you are working hard though, for the reason it will lower your core temperature and help keep you from sweating, if the sweat freezes on you you could end up with frost bite or hypothermia. Though you want to let the snow melt to water, it will still be plenty cold, but raw snow can burn your tongue.
    Laughing at the world
    Watching it bend
    Enjoying the show
    Just waiting for the end

Not worried a bit
    as I walk through the mist
    By God I will sit
    And watch the world twist

In Him I will trust
    And only Him I will fear
    When the world turns to dust
    I know He'll be near

Good thinking about not letting sweat freeze.
    Not much snow around here.
    If one is going to get liquid from a cactus (like a prickly pear cactus), itís a good idea to have some diagonal wire cutters for the needles.

I still say that the Christians should form an alliance and pool together their resources and live underground somewhere.

I also heard of a place called "Petra" in Israel that's very secretive but they've been sending supplies there for over 30 years to prepare for the tribulation of the jews and anyone is welcome I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMySavior View Post
    I also heard of a place called "Petra" in Israel that's very secretive but they've been sending supplies there for over 30 years to prepare for the tribulation of the jews and anyone is welcome I guess.
    Petra is no secret. And who is "they"? Jews are completely unprepared, because a large part of the prophecies of these events are in the New Testament, which the Jews reject as Scripture.

If the Jews really believed a "Tribulation" was coming, why would they build a third temple that the Bible says will be in place during that very Tribulation? Wouldn't that be knowingly playing into their own destruction?
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
    Petra is no secret. And who is "they"? Jews are completely unprepared, because a large part of the prophecies of these events are in the New Testament, which the Jews reject as Scripture.

If the Jews really believed a "Tribulation" was coming, why would they build a third temple that the Bible says will be in place during that very Tribulation? Wouldn't that be knowingly playing into their own destruction?
    LL. Goodmornin'
    I think it possible that not all "jews" are ZIONists, perhaps some jews are Christian and some jews just fear a coming war and have put stuff aside as insurance.. It's possible and for their sake I hope so.
    SO should we posse up? I'm not sure about that. After all that makes us a target, but by the same token untill the antichrist activates the "anti" christian plan we can all benefit from our survival discussions!
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Grabbed form another thread and dumped here...

There is absolutely a lot you can do to prepare. Making fun of hoarding or escaping may be easy to set up for the accusation of sillyness, but be serious. DO you think that all the AC's efforts will come to pass in one hour! It will take at least a few weeks maybe months,perhaps a year or more. What should we do, just throw up our hands and walk to the nearest police station?

When we see laws being passed that require the mark to purchase food, we will do what everyone does before a snow storm.
    When we see the police start rounding up the "radical" christians we will do what we can to be unnoticed, and even try to move to a different country if the AC doesnt yet have it fully under his control.

Please! To say that any preparation is foolish is close to insulting... what about prayer, what about fellowship and discussion? these boards are a place where we prepare (even if some use it "to prepare to NOT prepare")

Look, not everyone can run, not everyone has the funds to store or a vacation home in the mountains (not that that is necessarily safe) but those that can should prepare as much as lossible. Some of us will try to alleviate the difficulties of our brothers and sisters where we can. Many of us will die for our efforts.

Just because the AC is given authority over us (power) it doesn't mean he has total, all inclusive, global, micromanaging ability. There will be countries that oppose him until they are crushed by him, there will be cities that oppose him until they are crushed by him, while all that is going on the ones who have stored food will be told by their pastor that they should share with those who refused to prepare lest they starve to death. Yes the ac will kill many/most/all of us, but do we have to suffer more than necessary because some chose to do no preparation at all?

While the AC rolls out his evil across the globe, countrys, states, counties, cities and etc.. will be taking stands. Michigan for one will be one of them...(a lot of active Christians there... that county/state will be one that takes a stand) should they just roll over and do nothing?

Come one folks, we may be prophesied to lose but we weren't ordered to commit suicide or do nothing... "occupy till I come" isnt a suggestion.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Just one thing...

Dude, Jesus is totally Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMySavior View Post
    Just one thing...

Dude, Jesus is totally Lord.
    Fine. I agree, please read the O.P.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
    Fine. I agree, please read the O.P.
    ???

Is this somehow off-topic? It is for the glory of Christ, correct?

Idk, I'm out.

Blog Entries
    When we see the police start rounding up the "radical" christians we will do what we can to be unnoticed, and even try to move to a different country if the AC doesnt yet have it fully under his control.

Come one folks, we may be prophesied to lose but we weren't ordered to commit suicide or do nothing... "occupy till I come" isnt a suggestion.
    How are you going to help warn people of the consequences of the mark of the beast if you are doing what you can to be unnoticed? You won't go unnoticed for long anyway if you don't bear the mark, unless you're planning on hiding away and hoping you don't die of hunger or disease before it's all over.

Jesus didn't slip away and hide from his pending crucifixion. I still say we'd be better off praying for the strength to stand firm until the end and accept that the end might be in a prison camp, than running away and hoping we managed to stash several tons of food in a place nobody else would ever find.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
    Rev 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.' " "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

It doesn't say "blessed are those who hide out and survive against the odds"
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

O.k. Stop. Please read the op before posting

O.k. Stop. Please read the op before posting
    o.k. Stop. Please read the op before posting
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Blog Entries
    "THIS IS ONLY FOR POST TRIBBERS... WE ARE NOT DEBATING THE PRE-POST ISSUE!!! THIS THREAD IS:
    EXCLUSIVELY TO DISCUSS:- HOW TO PREPARE.
    If you dont think we need to prepare, PLEASE DO NOT POST!
    Looking for specific discussions and ideas on how to live effectively during those times. ...Please answer the following questions and discuss the merits of prior posts in this thread..

What should be bought/stored?
    Where it might be safer to hide(wilderness) or reside (country)?
    What our ministry should be?

We are trying to run a VERY lean thread about PRACTICAL methods for PREPARING for and MANAGING THROUGH the TRIB. We all recognize that standard Christian activities need to continue as much as possible. This is about NON STANDARD practical preparations and activities during those times.
    Much to the pleas of the OP, here is the OP. Maybe this thread could go back on topic.

Jerome1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    For those who believe there will be a specifically defined '7-yr' tribulation period; Joseph gives a good model on food-storage....he prepared for a 7-yr draught.

For those who believe the tribulation isn't limited to a '7-yr' period; I would think staying close to Psalms 27 and Psalms 91 would be a good start.
    Thats not a bad idea now, considering how steeply food prices are rising!

I read or seen something before about MRE's(Meals, Ready-to-Eat), that are specially sealed and have a shelf life of five to ten years!!

I DON'T EXPECT TO SURVIVE. Lets get that established. Now, while I am delaying my death I may be able to bring comfort and salvation to others by my foreplanning. Capitulation is not the only option. Jesus told us to occupy till he comes...not give up to the inevitable.
    I may be able to stock pile until its taken, then I'll run till I'm caught. And all the while, I will do all I can to lead others to faith in Christ or to encourage other believers.
    Further, Having steeled my mind by pre thinking through the real issues of my impending death I will not err from the faith, and may help others to go to their deaths with confidence and hope rather than fear and confusion.
    Do you see now the benefit to preparing? Its not about being invincible, its about preserving hope as much as possible.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Thread Information