Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24636465666768697071727374
Results 1,096 to 1,109 of 1109

Thread: Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE.

Re: Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I read and hear about preparation for that time, but I am not convinced it is possible.

When one looks at all the evil and persecution that has gone on from day one till now, one needs to keep in perspective that has been with evil being restricted by the Holy Spirit. I am not convinced that we can even imagine nor prepare for a time when the HS steps aside and evil is given free reign.

Even Yeshua said that many would go into cardiac arrest when they see what is coming upon the earth. And I believe that “as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be” is a lot more than what many have perceived. To actually think we can be prepared for all that seems pretty arrogant. The only thing that seems reasonable is to be firm in one’s trust in Yeshua.
    The holy spirit will never step aside

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    How does a person survive for 42 months without taking the mark of the beast then? Where does the food come from?
    It won't be as dramatic everywhere on the planet as in the area of the beast. Matthew 24:40 one in the field, one grinding. Christians won't all be starving, many will be carrying on business as usual as described in Matt 24:40

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    It won't be as dramatic everywhere on the planet as in the area of the beast. Matthew 24:40 one in the field, one grinding. Christians won't all be starving, many will be carrying on business as usual as described in Matt 24:40
    So working and buying food in stores without having the mark of the beast?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

So working and buying food in stores without having the mark of the beast?
    Yes, one has to read the wording carefully. The beast does have authority over every nation, yet the wording implies EVERY Christian will die, yet the wording elsewhere indicates many will be alive on that day.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

As many? Everyone? That isn't possible. The problem is that we think the whole earth is in mind, yet the word "gê" means land, not planet Earth. The martyrdom will be concentrated in the Middle East.

Yet even though Middle East, one can get away with not having the mark:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If the beast is a kingdom, let's say Israel this means that those with the name of the beast (Israelis) may buy. The number of the beast .. some say is Islam, because the number 666 in Greek matches the Islamic symbol when written down. So there's other ways for Middle Easterners to buy and sell, other than just the mark. There is the number and there is the name, as well as the mark. All spell trouble for Christians in the Middle East, but saved Jews could be under some protection.

Nations will be judged for how they treat Christians (Matt 25), some nations will protect their Christians from persecution , some will not.

Basically I'm saying the wording is not as universal as it sounds, when you look deeper. There will be many believers carrying on life as normal, as indicated by Matt 24:40

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    There will be many believers carrying on life as normal, as indicated by Matt 24:40
    I'm pretty sure that imagery is not meant to imply life is just perfectly normal for everyone during the tribulation.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

I'm pretty sure that imagery is not meant to imply life is just perfectly normal for everyone during the tribulation.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    Yes definitely. The prophecies of general persecution against the church are clear.

Randyk,
    I use thrive also, even in my everyday meals. Love the product. It been a big part of my prepping. I have a dehydrator also. I use o2’ and Mylar bags for that. I cannot see paying the money for a freeze dryer at this time, those things are still so expensive. Thrive rocks!

T W Taylor,
    I so understand sticking a hand into a chicken nest to get that glorious egg God created and finding a serpent! UGH ITS AN AWFUL FEELING. I purchased a couple packs of those little led windable flash lights, so no batteries. They work great for my egg recovery missions ��. I keep one in my purse for emergencies and it is a great survival necessity in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by LB SCRIPT View Post
    Randyk,
    I use thrive also, even in my everyday meals. Love the product. It been a big part of my prepping. I have a dehydrator also. I use o2’ and Mylar bags for that. I cannot see paying the money for a freeze dryer at this time, those things are still so expensive. Thrive rocks!
    We actually had to stop Thrive--at least for awhile. We have too much stored food. My wife wants to stock it for emergencies, but I like to travel lighter than that. I've wanted to buy a freeze drier for many years, but never got around to it. They're much cheaper now than when I first looked into that.

Pursuing self-sufficiency is a great endeavor. It has benefits in many ways. These kinds of pursuits cannot prevent us from facing the evils in this world, but responsible living is part of our witness. And it will make life easier, I should think? It has for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I've wanted to buy a freeze drier for many years, but never got around to it. They're much cheaper now than when I first looked into that.
    Any recommendations? I might be interested in getting one.

Any recommendations? I might be interested in getting one.
    Never got that far. I got too busy doing other things. You could probably find a good used one, pro-grade, on E Bay? I've never used one.

Oddly I first got interested in them when I had fish aquariums, and spent lots of time and money buying fish food. I found the best food for fish to be the freeze tried tubifex worms or blood worms for my bigger fish.

Well, I live near the bay here in Puget Sound, so it's easy to get marine foods. I just needed to freeze dry them--it preserves them at their freshest, I think. But I tired of tank maintenance and moved on to other hobbies.

I should think you could save tons of money freeze drying foods yourself? I'd certainly like to know more about it, because maybe I could freeze dry items that I don't need to store in my freezer?

Good luck, if you do it! We do produce a limited amount of fruit on our property, and sometimes dehydrate it. I'd be curious to know if freeze drying fruits makes them even better? My experience with Thrive seems to indicate that.

Blog Entries

I haven't really followed this thread, because I know from Bible prophecy, that the idea of holing up in the woods, or a u/g bunker in the desert, etc, will not be of any use in the future. Amos 9:2-3 As many prophesies tell us, there is about to come a dramatic change to all the world.
    A change in the magnitude of Noah's Flood, this time it will be by fire and the world will never be the same again.

But we are told to take shelter on that Day; Isaiah 26:20-21, Jeremiah 6:25, and I have prepared 2 reefer containers for my family to stay in while the Lord causes extreme temperatures, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, on His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. I expect to have to stay hunkered down in these shipping containers for about 36 hours; that is 2 days and 1 night. After that time things will be back to normal, although smoke and cloud may persist for some time. Isaiah 17:14
    I have only enough food and water for a few days, as the Lord promises to provide for His people; Isaiah 49:8-21, Isaiah 37:30-32 [note in verses 31-32, how the survivors left of Judah will thrive]

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    I haven't really followed this thread, because I know from Bible prophecy, that the idea of holing up in the woods, or a u/g bunker in the desert, etc, will not be of any use in the future. Amos 9:2-3 As many prophesies tell us, there is about to come a dramatic change to all the world.
    A change in the magnitude of Noah's Flood, this time it will be by fire and the world will never be the same again.

But we are told to take shelter on that Day; Isaiah 26:20-21, Jeremiah 6:25, and I have prepared 2 reefer containers for my family to stay in while the Lord causes extreme temperatures, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, on His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. I expect to have to stay hunkered down in these shipping containers for about 36 hours; that is 2 days and 1 night. After that time things will be back to normal, although smoke and cloud may persist for some time. Isaiah 17:14
    I have only enough food and water for a few days, as the Lord promises to provide for His people; Isaiah 49:8-21, Isaiah 37:30-32 [note in verses 31-32, how the survivors left of Judah will thrive]
    Hi Keraz. I got onto this thread some time back because many years ago I got semi-interested in survivalism, self-sufficiency, and prep work for nuclear war. I never get too deeply into some of these "eccentric" interests, which to some seem a little "over the top," or even cult-like. But I see the value in many things even if I'm not drinking the kool aide!

Anyway, competely apart from any future apocalyptic events there is the reality that Scripture paints this whole age as evil. We aren't to spend over much time speculating on the future, because our ministry is in the here and now. The Bible indicates that Satan is *presently* the ruler of this world, which has sort of been forfeited to him by man, who signed on to his autonomy from God.

And so, every generation has its own experience with evil. The spirit of lawlessness is already present, well before Antichrist is revealed. And if this is so, it does pay to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your family. If you know there will likely be a huge downturn in the stock market, wouldn't you take steps to take your money out of the stock market?

So this is just sort of a fun pursuit for me, to try to manage through this evil world, protecting myself and my family the best I can. We should indeed draw upon each other's wisdom, to know how to manage our resources and money properly, knowing there are real pitfalls today--not just during the Apocalypse.

But I agree with you. A time will come when there is absolutely nothing we will be able to do to mitigate the disasters falling down around us. The best thing we can do, in anticipation of that time, is pray. Pray we end up in the most comfortable spot. That could either be on a tropical island, or it may be right in the eye of the hurricane. God's will be done!

Blog Entries

God is our refuge and strength
    Psalm 46:1-11 God is our refuge and strength, a timely help in trouble, so we are not afraid, though the earth quakes and the mountains be moved, when the seas roar and foam in tumult, when the Lord arises to strike all the world with terror. Isaiah 2:21, Isaiah 28:21, Psalm 7:6,
    There is a river that brings joy to the city of God, the holy dwelling of the Most High. The Lord is there and will not let it be destroyed, at the break of day, He will help her.
    When the Lord thunders from on high, the heat of His anger will burn the earth and people will panic. Nations will be in disarray and their ruling powers will be overturned.
    But the God of Jacob is with His people, their strength is in trusting Him
    . Isaiah 25:9
    Look at what God has done: all the holy Land is burned and desolate. He has destroyed all the military powers around the Land by His fiery wrath.
    Let it be known in all the world that I am the Creator God, I will be exalted in My holy Land. I am with My people, I give them strength and protection
    . REB.

Psalm 46 is an exhortation to those who trust in the Lord’s promises of protection during His forthcoming judgement/punishment of the nations, as described in Psalm 83, Rev. 6:12-17 and in many other Bible prophesies.
    The Lord will thunder from on high’ :This event is not the Return, it will happen before that. Jer. 25:30-31, 2 Peter 3:7, Zech. 9:14, Psalm 11:4-6, Rev. 6:12-17
    The heat of His anger, His fiery wrath will burn the earth’ : All the world will be affected, but the Middle East will be completely devastated. Isaiah 66:15-16, Obadiah 1:16, Zeph. 38, 2 Thess. 1:6, Amos 1
    ‘at the break of day’ : This fire from the heavens, as Isaiah 30:26 tells us, will be a CME sunstrike, that will affect every part of the earth, as it rotates to face the sun
    Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 29:6, Joel 2:2, Psalm 18:7-15,
    ‘people will panic’ : This unexpected disaster will shock an terrify all who are not aware or prepared for it. Ezekiel 7:17, Jer. 6:24-26, Isaiah 2:21
    There will be earthquakes, storms and tsunamis’ : Cities will become uninhabitable and many will die from these effects and the famines afterward. Hosea 4:3, Micah 5:11, Isaiah 29:6, Jer.23:19, Zeph. 1:14-18, Jer. 12:4&10-13,
    ‘military strength will be destroyed’ : The weapons of the attackers of Israel will recoil upon themselves. Hosea 2:18, Amos 2:14-16, Psalm 7:12-15, Jer. 49:35
    the worlds ruling powers will be overturned’ : Our present Governments will no longer be able to govern and the nations will give up their sovereignty. This will enable a One World Govt. to be established. Daniel 7:23, Rev. 17:10-13
    ‘All the holy Land will be burned and virtually depopulated’ : The area from the Nile to the Euphrates will be cleared and cleansed. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jer. 12 :14
    I am with My people’ : The Lord promises protection to all who ‘call upon His Name’, and after the holy Land has been regenerated, they will go and live there. Psalm 46:7 & 11, Psalm 50:5, Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 49:8-23, Psalm 107:103
    Ref logostelos.info

Thread Information