Page 1 of 74 12345678910111251 ... LastLast

Thread: Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE.

Question Post trib Planning discussion...HOW TO PREPARE.

"THIS IS ONLY FOR POST TRIBBERS... WE ARE NOT DEBATING THE PRE-POST ISSUE!!! THIS THREAD IS:
    EXCLUSIVELY TO DISCUSS:- HOW TO PREPARE.
    If you dont think we need to prepare, PLEASE DO NOT POST!
    Looking for specific discussions and ideas on how to live effectively during those times. ...Please answer the following questions and discuss the merits of prior posts in this thread..

What should be bought/stored?
    Where it might be safer to hide(wilderness) or reside (country)?
    What our ministry should be?

We are trying to run a VERY lean thread about PRACTICAL methods for PREPARING for and MANAGING THROUGH the TRIB. We all recognize that standard Christian activities need to continue as much as possible. This is about NON STANDARD practical preparations and activities during those times.
    Last edited by Dragonfighter1; Oct 31st 2008 at 03:59 PM.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

If we assume (dangerous) that prophecy's about these times apply to the middle East, then it may be safer in the America's.

I think 3.5 years food and supplies will be needed. The one world government of the AC will not permit purchases by known Christians (UNMARKED BY AC). Thus we will have to barter or store ahead of time. I can't see us being able to go into a grocery store with our debit cards (Cash will be outlawed I imagine) and buy anything as our bank accounts will likely have been sealed/de-authorized.

I certainly expect this to happen. As part of the FBI anti terrorism maneuvers these things are already approved by congress. Anyone marked as a terrorist can have his accounts seized to stop, slow down,or disable the terrorist from his efforts. It also makes him easier to catch when he can't fund mobility. This is one way I see the AC using domestic police forces to serve his needs. Christians will be identified as terrorists (Likely a hand full of radical ones ACTIVITIES will be the justification for all to be rounded up.)
    So if our funds are seized... what then? Preparing is a legitimate issue. Maybe we dont need to do it today (Thats a different thread) my question is more to answer "WHEN we do need to be prepared, what will we need to have, do, be etc..."

DF
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

For those who believe there will be a specifically defined '7-yr' tribulation period; Joseph gives a good model on food-storage....he prepared for a 7-yr draught.

For those who believe the tribulation isn't limited to a '7-yr' period; I would think staying close to Psalms 27 and Psalms 91 would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
    Looking for specific discussions and ideas on how to live effectively during those times. ...Please answer the following questions and discuss the merits of prior posts in this thread..
    What should be bought/stored?
    Where it might be safer to hide(wilderness) or reside (country)?
    What our ministry should be?
    Hi, Dragonfighter1! I'm not a post-tribber, but I have thought about this subject many a time. There's a few things I might suggest here.

First, in the way of food items to be bought and stored, I suggest foods that don't need to be cooked (in case we have no electricity). Canned foods, of course, take space to keep, but they generally save for quite a long time. Dried foods are also a great choice. If you have a camp-type stove, you would be able to cook without electricity, but the canisters to fuel them might pose a storage problem. A fire pit would work for cooking if you thought your neighbor might not tattle on you for having food when you weren't supposed to, or if you were in the country/wilderness and didn't mind someone seeing the smoke rise from your location.

Water is going to be very important. I have a water filter called a Platypus that actually purifies water if I need to collect it from a river. This is a very handy item and is small enough to keep in a backpack for hiking. I highly recommend this product.

Aside from food, I think it would be a good thing to have some very warm winter-proof clothing, including the types of long underwear that skiers and mountain climbers wear under their outer clothing.

Second, it would seem to me to be wise for like-minded believers in the church to come up with some plan of supporting each other during the difficult times, in absolute secrecy if need be. We all have individual talents and skills that the Lord has given us. Perhaps there is a doctor among your congregation who would be willing, even though he/she may have lost their license and all access to medicines for being a Christian, to do what he/she can for a member who is sick or wounded. Perhaps there is an engineer or an architect who could locate a good site for an emergency storage site or a secret shelter as Christians are forced from their homes. There's so many possibilities for service!

This in turn leads to my third thought, regarding your question of what our ministry should be. I think our ministry should be the same as always--leading unsaved people to the Lord, as well as supporting our brothers and sisters in Christ. Prayer is going to be the key to all of this. Pray for wisdom, pray for safety, pray for the things that are needed, pray for opportunities to witness to the perishing, pray for knowledge, and pray for Jesus' quick return!

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Hi, Dragonfighter1! I'm not a post-tribber, but I have thought about this subject many a time. There's a few things I might suggest here.

First, in the way of food items to be bought and stored, I suggest foods that don't need to be cooked (in case we have no electricity). Canned foods, of course, take space to keep, but they generally save for quite a long time. Dried foods are also a great choice. If you have a camp-type stove, you would be able to cook without electricity, but the canisters to fuel them might pose a storage problem. A fire pit would work for cooking if you thought your neighbor might not tattle on you for having food when you weren't supposed to, or if you were in the country/wilderness and didn't mind someone seeing the smoke rise from your location.

Water is going to be very important. I have a water filter called a Platypus that actually purifies water if I need to collect it from a river. This is a very handy item and is small enough to keep in a backpack for hiking. I highly recommend this product.

Aside from food, I think it would be a good thing to have some very warm winter-proof clothing, including the types of long underwear that skiers and mountain climbers wear under their outer clothing.

Second, it would seem to me to be wise for like-minded believers in the church to come up with some plan of supporting each other during the difficult times, in absolute secrecy if need be. We all have individual talents and skills that the Lord has given us. Perhaps there is a doctor among your congregation who would be willing, even though he/she may have lost their license and all access to medicines for being a Christian, to do what he/she can for a member who is sick or wounded. Perhaps there is an engineer or an architect who could locate a good site for an emergency storage site or a secret shelter as Christians are forced from their homes. There's so many possibilities for service!

This in turn leads to my third thought, regarding your question of what our ministry should be. I think our ministry should be the same as always--leading unsaved people to the Lord, as well as supporting our brothers and sisters in Christ. Prayer is going to be the key to all of this. Pray for wisdom, pray for safety, pray for the things that are needed, pray for opportunities to witness to the perishing, pray for knowledge, and pray for Jesus' quick return!
    Hi Wombat,
    wombat? Platypus? Aussie are you?
    Thanks for the post. Good ideas. I'm gonna collate all them, when we have a few pages worth.
    Should be useful to print and keep in case the pretrib hope is wrong. (Oh how I wish I could be pretrib with no worries! But thats another thread)
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    For those who believe there will be a specifically defined '7-yr' tribulation period; Joseph gives a good model on food-storage....he prepared for a 7-yr draught.

For those who believe the tribulation isn't limited to a '7-yr' period; I would think staying close to Psalms 27 and Psalms 91 would be a good start.
    Thanks for posting, These are "waiting/trusting on God" verses.
    My question is.. while we trust in God WHAT SHOULD WE DO.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Hiding out during those times does tie in with the church in the wilderness. God's elect scattered around the globe fleeing the antichrist and beast power. If I were to prepare a permanent hideout I would likely choose a place in the mountains near a river where I could hunt with a bow and fish and eat local edible plants. Perhaps even grow a vegetable garden in a home made greenhouse. Learn to preserve food the way Indians did. Build a cabin out of local materials and some brought in in advance like solar power and run everything on 12 volts with a few deep cycle batteries. Of course to make things easier I would bring everything I needed like tools, cooking implements, a wood burning stove for heat and cooking indoors during the winter months. Extra clothing, enough supplies like soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. All this of course would require planning ahead and bit by bit preparation during your free time to implement. Another option would be to scout out ghost towns for usable shelter and potable water and go from there. Others could sell everything off while they still could and use the money to buy a sailboat and live on that, bartering their skills for supplies at various places.
    JESUS CHRIST, often imitated, never duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B View Post
    Hiding out during those times does tie in with the church in the wilderness. God's elect scattered around the globe fleeing the antichrist and beast power. If I were to prepare a permanent hideout I would likely choose a place in the mountains near a river where I could hunt with a bow and fish and eat local edible plants. Perhaps even grow a vegetable garden in a home made greenhouse. Learn to preserve food the way Indians did. Build a cabin out of local materials and some brought in in advance like solar power and run everything on 12 volts with a few deep cycle batteries. Of course to make things easier I would bring everything I needed like tools, cooking implements, a wood burning stove for heat and cooking indoors during the winter months. Extra clothing, enough supplies like soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. All this of course would require planning ahead and bit by bit preparation during your free time to implement. Another option would be to scout out ghost towns for usable shelter and potable water and go from there. Others could sell everything off while they still could and use the money to buy a sailboat and live on that, bartering their skills for supplies at various places.
    Excellent post! What wilderness zone would you suggest. I am thinking ...one where temperatures dont go too low for too long... South America perhaps. Southern US? WHat about people in other countries.. I do think that seeking and planning to go where temperatures arent brutal would be smart... you?
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Thanks for posting, These are "waiting/trusting on God" verses.
    My question is.. while we trust in God WHAT SHOULD WE DO.
    Continue to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. "

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Continue to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. "
    No no no, Sorry David you are missing the point of the OP.
    We are trying to run a VERY lean thread about PRACTICAL methods for PREPARING for and MANAGING THROUGH the TRIB. We all recognise that standard Christian activities need to continue as much as possible. This is about NON STANDARD practical preparations.
    Thanks
    DF1
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Blog Entries
    Oooh, can I play along in this thread even though I am prewrath and not posttrib? I'm not interested in debating views, but since I believe we will endure the great tribulation by the antichrist if it happens in my lifetime, then I want to be prepared, physically, mentally and of course spiritually. But, lately it has been on my heart to really contemplate "surviving". I believe it is 2 fold. God WILL provide to His faithful, but I also believe in personal responibility and I want to think about and discuss what we will have to do practically to survive.

In regards to the timing of the rapture, Paul says TWICE "those who are alive AND REMAIN"! Remain can also be translated "survive"! Those will live up to the rapture will have to survive and they won't survive by accident. They will have to try to survive, while also living in God's will.

I can't read this thread yet (have to go to sleep), but am looking forward to hearing your thoughts OP and the thoughts of others on this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthinlove View Post
    Oooh, can I play along in this thread even though I am prewrath and not posttrib? I'm not interested in debating views, but since I believe we will endure the great tribulation by the antichrist if it happens in my lifetime, then I want to be prepared, physically, mentally and of course spiritually. But, lately it has been on my heart to really contemplate "surviving". I believe it is 2 fold. God WILL provide to His faithful, but I also believe in personal responibility and I want to think about and discuss what we will have to do practically to survive.

In regards to the timing of the rapture, Paul says TWICE "those who are alive AND REMAIN"! Remain can also be translated "survive"! Those will live up to the rapture will have to survive and they won't survive by accident. They will have to try to survive, while also living in God's will.

I can't read this thread yet (have to go to sleep), but am looking forward to hearing your thoughts OP and the thoughts of others on this issue!
    With an avatar like that you are welcome and with a flaming sword like that I dont think I would say no anyway lol...
    P.S. I dont care what your pre-post position is... just dont debate it. Instead post ideas and thoughts on how to manage it, plan for it, and get through it...if at all possible...

DF1
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Blog Entries
    With an avatar like that you are welcome and with a flaming sword like that I dont think I would say no anyway lol...
    That's awesome, thanks! I love tough chicks, I need to be like her!
    P.S. I dont care what your pre-post position is... just dont debate it. Instead post ideas and thoughts on how to manage it, plan for it, and get through it...if at all possible...
    You got it!

Ok. I am pretrib. But as long as I don't debate it, I can play along, too, right?
    I would say find caves. Camping equipment. Fishing gear, etc.
    as far as where you would go, supposing you know BEFORE the persecution, you could actually get to S. America. If it's AFTER the persecution begins, going across county and state lines will probably be a problem, let alone to other countries...seriously. Once it begins, people would be pretty much stuck in the area they are in. That's why I say find some caves, get things set up now, then when it begins, you can melt away with little attention since all the supplies you need will already be in said cave. ( Try to pick caves without bears or wild animals in them, this could be bad...)
    Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Blog Entries
    You guys really need to read The Stand by Stephen King. Its a fictional books of course...about a government disease experiment going bad and then getting out of the testing area...wipes out nearly everyone except those with a natural immunity to it. Even kills alot of the animals. They call it 'Captain Trips' in the book. Its kind of like a super flu bug. Everything comes to a stand still...so many have died many roads are blocked due to the drivers drying while trying to flee....(for you pre-tribbers you can pretend they were all raptured)...for the post tribbers it gives you and idea of the plagues listed in Matthew 24 and Revelation. Things are burning too out of control in places due to lightening strikes and no one to monitor things and one crazy guy setting things on fire and blowing things up because no one is around to stop him! There are no lights, gas, food in the stores going bad and so forth.

On top of all of this there is a spiritual side to the story...an evil bad guy and an old woman who is good and everyone starts dreaming of one or both and are drawn to either the old lady...the good...or to the bad..

They made a movie of this years ago but it just didn't compare to the book...for some reason many of Stephen Kings movies come out awful...they just can't capture things right from his books.

Anyway I think..even though its fiction...it will give you all a better idea of just how very bad things would be in trying to survive...and this is minus the earthquakes, falling meteors , poisoned water, etc....

I don't look to survive or even try too. I am disabled, I have no money to go out and buy a bunch of survival stuff...I personally think it will be too dangerous to try to travel...look at how the highways clog up during an evacuation from a hurricane! Going to a church will be the worse place to go too by the way. Oh and also...as far as going into the wilderness..with 1/4 of the grass and trees burning and wild animals attacking people...I don't think its such a good idea. I personally see no place as safe. For me (and speaking only for myself) I would probably get into more trouble and danger by even trying to do any of this survival stuff!

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thread Information