Thread: Please pray for me to escape the sin all around me!

Please pray for me to escape the sin all around me!

The last few days talking to all of these AMAZING people here have really opened my eyes! I need Jesus so much in my life!

Dear Lord,

Please forgive me for all the sins I have committed. I know I have strayed from you during college and I am so sorry! Please guide me to strong Christian men and women to guide and lead me to you! Please give me strength to say "no!" to all the temptations around me, even the little ones that seem innocent at the time.

Lord, please help reveal your Word to me in the Bible and lead me to those who can help me understand your perfect message.

And Lord, I know I am feisty and independent-minded. I know I like to argue, sometimes just to argue. Please help me change my ways and become a more Godly young woman. Help me talk less and listen more. Help me accept that others know more than I do. Help me do everything with an eye towards Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Bex4Jesus View Post
    The last few days talking to all of these AMAZING people here have really opened my eyes! I need Jesus so much in my life!

Dear Lord,

Please forgive me for all the sins I have committed. I know I have strayed from you during college and I am so sorry! Please guide me to strong Christian men and women to guide and lead me to you! Please give me strength to say "no!" to all the temptations around me, even the little ones that seem innocent at the time.

Lord, please help reveal your Word to me in the Bible and lead me to those who can help me understand your perfect message.

And Lord, I know I am feisty and independent-minded. I know I like to argue, sometimes just to argue. Please help me change my ways and become a more Godly young woman. Help me talk less and listen more. Help me accept that others know more than I do. Help me do everything with an eye towards Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen!
    Standing in agreement with you in offering this prayer to God; in Jesus' name. I release my faith in the blood of Jesus over your life. May He who is able to keep you from stumbling keep you and present you blameless before the throne of His Father. ty Jesus.

Praying with you.

in agreement with you, trusting the Lord to lead you to those who will encourage you to grow to , and in, Him.

Blog Entries
    Jesus has forgivin you.. He forgave you the moment you asked forgiven.. Please Jesus help Bex4Jesus.. learn to grow with you..and to trust in you Jesus.. Please..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Blog Entries
    Lord, praise you for the blessings you have given me through this testimony and heart felt prayer request. I pray you surround your child with Godly people everywhere. Surround Bex with your love and encouragement. Thank you Lord. I know you will, you did it for me too. I praise you Lord. Amen.
    I'm Sara
    "Jesus wept." John 11:35
    Praying for my sister Mieke.

Father, Please continue to direct Be4Jesus onto the path of righteousness where she will continue to grow and mature in Christ. Please also bless my fellow brothers and sisters who are struggling with temptation. May the lord bless them with the strength and wisdom to overcome. In Jesus holy name, Amen.

Blog Entries
    Father,
    Let the Spirit move this person. Let Bex4Jesus be transformed by the knowledge gained and continue to seek answers to these tough questions.
    Give Bex strength for the coming battle and equip Bex with the Full armor of God. Lord I ask for continued growth and a commitment to know you. Let Bex be open to your guidance and may this person be used for your Glory. Lord I ask that you complete the work you started in this person and I praise you for changing lives every day. I praise you for being the Creator of the Universe and for giving each of us the Breath of life.
    Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. Help us all to stand in faithfulness and commit to spreading the truth of your Grace to the millions of others who need it. I pray all these things in your name, Lord.
    Amen.

Please God I need your help more than ever!

I know I have been approaching your Word in the wrong way - picking out bits and pieces and questioning whether they make any sense!! I know I need to take your Word in, and absorb it and not question it or say that I "disagree" with it.

Please help me control my feminist thoughts. I know you made men and women different for a reason! Please help me clear my mind of worldly thoughts that men and women are the same and that there are no differences. Let me embrace submission when I meet my special man and let him lead me and teach me. I am so eager for your Word!

Amen

Bex

Blog Entries
    Dear Lord in Heaven, please guide and encourage this young woman to realize the 'world's' ways are destructive and your Words are pure and given to heal us, enlighten us, protect us and to make the way for the more abundant life you have promised us. Show this dear young lady how the worlds ways only lead to destruction of the mind, body and soul and your truth will set her free.

In Jesus' Name I pray
    Amen
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Quote Originally Posted by Bex4Jesus View Post
    Please God I need your help more than ever!

I know I have been approaching your Word in the wrong way - picking out bits and pieces and questioning whether they make any sense!! I know I need to take your Word in, and absorb it and not question it or say that I "disagree" with it.

Please help me control my feminist thoughts. I know you made men and women different for a reason! Please help me clear my mind of worldly thoughts that men and women are the same and that there are no differences. Let me embrace submission when I meet my special man and let him lead me and teach me. I am so eager for your Word!

Amen

Bex
    Bex, I've seen a screenshot of one of your threads (now deleted) in myconfinedspace.com, where you noticed the flaws in christianity, the eternal torture for people who have done something harmless, the ignorance of the order in which things were created, the setting in stone of attitudes towards women that would only be reasonable in desperate times yet cause needless oppression now that we live in a time of safety and plenty, and I knew that I had to contact you.

Unfortunately it seems as if the screenshot was of a debate that happened quite some time ago, so I've had to reply in this thread since it seemed related. You've come to a christian forum for advice on whether the bible is right or wrong, but if you read the forum rules you'll see that the makers of those rules are terrified of criticism of christianity, all posts must never be negative towards christianity, there is to be no attempt at persuading members to join other faiths etc. You've made an important decision based on a very one-sided forum's advice. If you wanted to know if nazism was good or bad, would you just ask in a synagogue, or just in a white power meeting?

The mind is like a court Bex, you should listen to both the prosecution and the defense before coming to your verdict. It is a major warning sign when one side of the argument is banned from being presented, as it typically means that it is the only hope of the side that is presented of being able to win. Please, ask your questions in a forum where you can hear both sides, or perhaps ask us at the facebook group 'The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science' for advice and then return here with whatever new points you feel are relevant, and then visit the group again with the relevant counterarguments etc. At least that way whatever conclusion you reach will be a solid one and you won't have to run a mile whenever someone or something challenges your faith.

If God was perfect then there would be no parts of the bible that didn't make sense, and therefore there would be no condemnation of critiquing it.

While men and women have minor differences, they are on balance equal, and they deserve to be treated equally and fairly. Please, don't let this sect of christianity put you in a mental burqha where you consider yourself as inferior to men when all comparisons between genders show that overall that is not the case. Women are not just babymakers, incapable of anything else. They are human beings, and deserve respect and compassion. They are our mothers and our daughters, our sisters and our friends, and they are not second class citizens, nor are they our property, but our equals.

If you disagree with the teachings of the bible, there are many other belief systems that you can turn to. It's not just a case of this sect of christianity or torture. I'm limited by the forum rules as to what I can say here, but there is for example, quakerism, a sect of christianity that treats women equally and considers the bible a declaration of god's existence rather than the current rules for us to abide by. I think a similar approach to the bible is taken by the unitarians, and possibly other sects. There are ways of worshipping the god of Abraham that do not require you to suppress the real you. All you have to do is to look them up and/or ask around the facebook group I mentioned earlier.

I hope that this helps,

Bob

Thread Information