View Poll Results: Which Browser Do You Usually Use?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer

8 17.78%
  • Mozilla Firefox

31 68.89%
  • Safari

0 0%
  • Google Chrome

5 11.11%
  • Opera

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Browser Poll

Blog Entries

The Browser Poll

I'm just curious - which browser do you usually use? Why?
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Firefox, because IE is evil. Seriously, I began to have more and more trouble with IE, more issues with my computer. I did a bit of kicking and screaming when my husband said "Just TRY it..." but I love it! Great tools, organization, user friendly. Love being able to customize it.
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

My answer is similar to TBR. Once I switched, I saw a huge decrease in the amount of spyware that downloaded to my computer. I still have to use IE at work, and I very much prefer FF.

Blog Entries
    I originally switched to Firefox. Since then however, I found Safari to be faster than Firefox. Since I didn't use many add-ons, I switched. When Chrome came out in September of last year, I was attracted to its simplicity and speed. No nonsense, just a fast browser that works. It's gotten better since then and though I occasionally am forced to use Firefox, I generally stick to Google Chrome.
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Soon as Firefox came out, I wrote IE a cheerful "Dear John" letter and never looked back.

I tried Chrome briefly when it came out... we were not impressed. Saw no reason to switch from FireFox.

Firefox here as well. Tried Chrome and safari, but I just like the feel of Firefox better. I've got my AdBlock Plus and ForecastFox, so I'm good to go.

I do still have to use IE for a few applications at work, but I hardly ever use it at home.
    We long to be known and we fear it like nothing else.
    Most people live with subtle dread that one day,
    they will be discovered for who they really are,
    and the world will be appalled.
    - Curtis, Brent and John Eldredge,
    The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The joy is not in hiding, the joy is in being found.
    - David Terry

My Testimony

Blog Entries
    I find Firefox takes much longer to start up the first time - Chrome is just click and go. I like that.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand browsers. Seriously -- I don't! Is it the thing at the top of the screen? I use AOL (I know, I know ...). Can I use AOL and Firefox?

But this thread is a good opportunity to post this pic.

Awwww. Poor fox.
    Heb 10:31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

It is a wonderful thing to be predestined, elected and to believe by faith by virture of His irresitible grace and His limited atonement. Calvie, premill, dispie and full of cats. I love you too!

I have almost never used IE.

I used Maxthon for a long while, but one of their update builds repeatedly crashed. Then I tried out Opera, Firefox, Chrome, and a bunch of others, but Firefox stuck out to me the most. I liked Chrome's simplicity, but some of the few features it does have didn't work quite the way I wanted them to, so I stayed with Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSun View Post

Awwww. Poor fox.
    Awwww....how cute. That's one of my favorite sites.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stillforgiven View Post
    Awwww....how cute. That's one of my favorite sites.
    Me too, and everyone needs cuddles.

Poor widdle focks. I'm delighted that some part of my taxes go to wildlife rehab!

Still waiting on an answer to my browser question.

It is a wonderful thing to be predestined, elected and to believe by faith by virture of His irresitible grace and His limited atonement. Calvie, premill, dispie and full of cats. I love you too!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSun View Post
    Still waiting on an answer to my browser question.
    Yeah, about that. I've never actually seen a written out definition of this. I just know it is what you browse the internet with, and they each have something that makes them different that the others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stillforgiven View Post
    Yeah, about that. I've never actually seen a written out definition of this. I just know it is what you browse the internet with, and they each have something that makes them different that the others.
    Okie doke. Thanks, very helpful!

I like my walled garden, but not so walled anymore. I'm just so clueless but its something I'm so used to! And its so annoying when MS takes over my little desktop for some update.

I use Firefox at home for everyday browsing. I use IE to check my email for my job. and I use Safari for my facebook cuz my wife keeps hers open on FF. I hate the way Yahoo looks in Firefox, tho. Why is it different?

Blog Entries
    I'm a certified computer geek, yet use IE, always IE, and only IE.

You can flog me now. (I can hear your gasp all the way from over there)

Thread Information