Thread: Sinful Bodies vs. Glorified Bodies

Question Sinful Bodies vs. Glorified Bodies

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two? And the eternal life we've all been promised ... does that refer to Heaven or eternal life in a glorified body on a remade post-Trib Earth?

Is the Kingdom a physical or celestial place?

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens thedoor, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me ..."

Revelation 3:20

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post

I think it is both. After the resurretion we will have spiritual bodies - that is bodies which are ruled by the spirit and no longer sin.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
    It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
    It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.

1 Cor 15:42-44 (KJV)

For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
    Psalms 37:9 (KJV)

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    Rev 21:1 (KJV)

So after the chosen of God have all been resurrected in glorified bodies to live on a remade Earth ... will that be after the end of time? Will that be into eternity?

I'm still confused.
    "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens thedoor, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me ..."

My understanding is that it will be in eternity after the last judgment.

Ordinary time is linear in that we're aware of time's arrow and how everything changes. I wonder if eternity will be non-linear ...

Blog Entries
    Moving this to End-Time Chat.
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two?
    The body you are living in right now is sinful. Each of us have selfish desires to please ourselves. Often these selfish desires when acted upon cause us to sin. However, if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and asked him to forgive you of your sins - you are able to overcome your selfish desires, through him. But here is the problem. Your now regenerated spirit is still living in a sinful body that desires to please itself. When Christ returns, when he brings the True believers home, they will be given a new body. A glorified body. A body that does not desire to sin. Then our body and spirit will be as one - desiring to worship and please God Almighty.

And the eternal life we've all been promised ... does that refer to Heaven or eternal life in a glorified body on a remade post-Trib Earth?
    It refers to both. After God's judgment on the Earth, Jesus will return to the Earth and set up his Kingdom over the entire planet. Christians will also reign over the earth with Christ as co-heirs. This will last for 1000 years. After this period is over and Satan is dealt with once and for all, Christ and the Christians will return to Heaven where we will spend the rest of eternity. During the 1000 year reign and in heaven we will have glorified bodies.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a physical place - and only those who truly follow Jesus will see it. If you are asking for someone to give you directions to its location. None of us can do that. We haven't been there yet. Many scriptures show doorways to heaven opening in the sky - for example in Revelations 4:
    1After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

- Valiant

Blog Entries
    Just some added things for thought:

Concerning WHERE Jesus' kingdom is:
    John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Also- If we have our resurrection/glorified bodies which are free OF and FROM sin, wouldn't it seem odd for us to be living alongside and in the presence of sinners in cursed, flesh bodies?

Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two? And the eternal life we've all been promised ... does that refer to Heaven or eternal life in a glorified body on a remade post-Trib Earth?

Jesus' baby, teenage, and pre-resurrection body was a sinless body. (No other person who has ever lived a totally sinless life.)

Jesus however, after the resurrection, debuted a glorified body. First (and yet so far) only of it's kind.

So what you have here, fundamentally are:

1) Everyone that has ever lived has had a regular mortal body...that sinned.
    2) Jesus is the only person who remained sinless with a mortal body.
    3) When He was raised with a glorified body, He set the pattern we will follow, and for us, this will be our first time at being totally sinless...(and forevermore)

As far as eternal life...well, that just refers to the concept that we will not die and stay dead, but that we will eternally or always be with the Lord. Presently in our mortal sinful bodies, we only see through a dark glass or a veil...our being with the Lord is limited to our faith and the direct or indirect manner He reveals himself to us.

When we are glorifed and changed to be like Him at His coming, we will be directly and eternally with Him...the shadow, glass, and veil removed. What the makeup of the universe will be, and what the New Heavens and New Earth will be like is pretty much conjecture; but we know that when the Lord returns, He will change us, and end sin and death; and the bondage of corruption will be removed from His creation.

What a day that will be!

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Jesus' baby, teenage, and pre-resurrection body was a sinless body. (No other person who has ever lived a totally sinless life.)

Jesus however, after the resurrection, debuted a glorified body. First (and yet so far) only of it's kind.

So what you have here, fundamentally are:

1) Everyone that has ever lived has had a regular mortal body...that sinned.
    2) Jesus is the only person who remained sinless with a mortal body.
    3) When He was raised with a glorified body, He set the pattern we will follow, and for us, this will be our first time at being totally sinless...(and forevermore)

As far as eternal life...well, that just refers to the concept that we will not die and stay dead, but that we will eternally or always be with the Lord. Presently in our mortal sinful bodies, we only see through a dark glass or a veil...our being with the Lord is limited to our faith and the direct or indirect manner He reveals himself to us.

When we are glorifed and changed to be like Him at His coming, we will be directly and eternally with Him...the shadow, glass, and veil removed. What the makeup of the universe will be, and what the New Heavens and New Earth will be like is pretty much conjecture; but we know that when the Lord returns, He will change us, and end sin and death; and the bondage of corruption will be removed from His creation.

What a day that will be!

You hit a bullseye with your post.. excellent! Thanks
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Lol that's the crazy part!! God is not bound by time! lol It's was unnerving for me at first, but now I'm just REALLY EXCITED!

Thread Information