Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dream within a dream (Moved from Dreams/Visions/Prohecies)

  1. #1
    bagofseed Guest

    Dream within a dream (Moved from Dreams/Visions/Prohecies)

    Have you ever had a dream within a dream?

    It is strange waking up and not knowing if your are still dreaming.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In His Grace
    Posts
    3,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes, I have had a dream within a dream. I have also been able to control my dreams or to wake up and then keep dreaming. My dreams are almost always very vivid and detailed.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

  3. #3
    bagofseed Guest
    Did you attribute some meaning to the dream within a dream?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In His Grace
    Posts
    3,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    The dream setting was a recurring dream that has stopped once I cleared up some childhood issues. Normally, in the recurring dream I was awake and either forced to work or hiding but in this particular dream I found a place of rest and had another dream that was pleasant. If my recall is correct this occurred while I was trying to work through some of those issues. So looking back I'd have to say that my mind was telling me I would have rest from these things. And I do.
    Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
    Psalm 62:5

  5. #5
    bagofseed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    The dream setting was a recurring dream that has stopped once I cleared up some childhood issues. Normally, in the recurring dream I was awake and either forced to work or hiding but in this particular dream I found a place of rest and had another dream that was pleasant. If my recall is correct this occurred while I was trying to work through some of those issues. So looking back I'd have to say that my mind was telling me I would have rest from these things. And I do.
    Thank you, very helpful.

    My inner dream was so wonderful, filled with such a sense of Love and contentment not to mention the sweet redhead. I had to repent, because I found my self desperately demanding God to tell me what it was all about the moment I awoke. I was wondering if I was being tempted with all the good things I longed for? (Satan is a sneaky sucker, if he cant get you to sin in the wrong things he will try to get you to sin after the right things)

    The outer dream seemed more like my current state of life, I was in a basement, construction was going on, building a cabinet or bookshelf. I was thirsty for orange juice but nothing I desired could be found.

  6. #6
    I've had a "dream within a dream" occasionally... and, while I'm not exactly "lucid", I'm semi-aware (subconciously aware?) that that I'm still dreaming... all of my dreams have this foggy "look" to them, and they're very rarely vivid.

    I'd say the worst dream I ever had was where I was floating in this blank nothingness, and I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a boring dream." So I tried pinching myself awake, and it didn't work. So I was bored for eight hours.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    2,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I'd say the worst dream I ever had was where I was floating in this blank nothingness, and I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a boring dream." So I tried pinching myself awake, and it didn't work. So I was bored for eight hours.
    LOL -- Are you serious, Mark? I guess it was a slow day for you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    6,956
    Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    I've had a "dream within a dream" occasionally... and, while I'm not exactly "lucid", I'm semi-aware (subconciously aware?) that that I'm still dreaming... all of my dreams have this foggy "look" to them, and they're very rarely vivid.

    I'd say the worst dream I ever had was where I was floating in this blank nothingness, and I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a boring dream." So I tried pinching myself awake, and it didn't work. So I was bored for eight hours.
    funny!

    Yes, I've had dreams within a dream. I've also told myself, (in my dreams) that "this is just a dream" and then woke myself up.

    Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

    All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •