Page 1 of 49 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre Tribulation VS Post Tribulation rapture discussion

Pre Tribulation VS Post Tribulation rapture discussion

Hello everyone,

as you can tell, I'm new to these forums.

I'm posting this not to start a forum wide discussion, but asking for someone who is knowledgeable concerning the argument for the PRE-TRIB rapture belief to PM me and we continue in a private discussion over the matter.

Why?

I've done apologetic work on forums before and when 100 people comment on a particular subject, it can quickly become overwhelming and focus on bunny trails instead of the main course meal.

So, if anyone is interested, please throw a PM my way.

Again, only PM me if you are knowledgeable on the PRE-TRIB rapture belief.

Thanks

It doesn't look like you are set up for PM.

Yeah, I just noticed that.

How can I be set up with such a service?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
    Yeah, I just noticed that.

How can I be set up with such a service?

Thanks
    You would have to "chat to the moderators". (on the top of the main page of the board).

Thanks for the instruction.

I'll bump this thread when I get activated.

Thanks

We actually have a facility in place for pretty much what you are wanting to do.

It is in our "Special Forums" Section. They require you to have been her for a tad bit longer than "brand newbie"...(the forum description is as follows

Special Forums These forums are for members with 30 days membership 40 posts and a good reputation. Regular members cannot see these forums.

Once you have met that criteria, there is a subforum in that section called:

The Arena

Debates of a “theological” nature between two opponents.

The Arena guidelines are as follows:

Welcome to the Arena.

If you've ended up debating here, you've probably got a tough disagreement with another member that needs to be ironed out in a focused fashion.

That's the purpose of this section: Focused debate on a single topic between two members.

If you and another member agree to debate, start a thread here and let 'er rip. But please make sure you have agreement from the one you are challenging beforehand. We don't want a lot of "throwing down the gantlet" in public for an unwilling participate. Do not issue challenges publicly that haven't been confirmed in private. This will avoid embarassment and division. Instead, agree to debate by PM, then get started. The forum moderators will referee.

Please remain civil and follow board rules. A little leeway is in order so debaters can press one another's case as far as possible, but please no personal attacks!

In the case of a request for a formal debate (limited time, posts, etc.) PM a mod and rules will be posted in the individual thread.

Here are some "standard rules" we can go by, if two or more parties wish to debate. Of course, if all agree to deviation that's fine, but at least here's some starting points:

Here are the debate rules...

- No outside interjectors will be permitted. Will have a peanut gallery thread.

- Debate starts on mm/dd/yyyy and will run for two weeks.

- Each will have opportunity to make an opening statement before debate begins.

- 15 posts each (not including opening) alternating. If poster allows more than 24 hours to pass without posting a response to opponent's post, they forfeit that post.

- After all posts are made, or time deadline hits, closing posts must be made within 24 hours of last post. Example: post 15 by each is made on Monday night, closing posts must be made by Tues night. Or, if we run out of time, closing posts must be made by 4:00, on the ending day of the debate.

Anyone not engaged in the debate is not permitted to post in the debate thread. If you do so, you will receive negative rep and your post will be deleted. No exceptions!

Please note that debates do not have to follow the above format. Those are just some default guidelines if those involved don't want to work to create different ones for their debate.

So maybe that would be a good fit for you, and provide the focused debate atmosphere you are looking for with this subject.

That sounds amazingly fun.

I plan to stay here and learn for awhile. I'll look at that when I am promoted from a newbie.

Thanks -

btw, Taylor, I recently read "face melting banjo solos and Zech 14" ..

good read

blessings,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleVVLL
    I'm posting this not to start a forum wide discussion ...
    lol You'll be lucky.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

If you want to learn when the rapture will be >

look at what the Bible says as to the "day of the Lord"

The church is appointed to be here till that day.

day of the LORD - Joel 2:31
    "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood before the...day of the LORD..."

sun goes dark
    moon blood
    /means the 6th seal must be opened before the day of the Lord starts

1 Thess. 5:2
    "...the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night."
    v4
    "But ye, brethren are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Ephesians 4:30
    "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Matthew 24:25-27
    "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars....And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
    v28
    "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

1 Cor. 1:8
    "Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord..."

Thanks for the response, Vin.

I already know my stance but I'm looking to see other people's views based upon sound division and undersstanding of the sacred Text.

Blessings

It is this simple >

We are not appointed to wrath - but salvation.

So all we have to do is go find out where John saw the time of salvation.

Rev. 7 shows the great multitude says it that comes out of "great tribulation".

1 Thess. 1:10
    "And to wait...delivered us from the wrath to come."

What all wrath?

no

5:9
    "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation..."

Hebrews 9:28
    "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

Looking at Rev. 19:1-2 - it shows salvation is said - at the time when the great whore city that corrupted the earth is avenged - then later there is a verse leading up to the marriage of the Lamb.

All martyrs for the Lord - even the great trib ones will be at this marriage. All saints - all those dead in Christ - all those that remained alive till the end of the trib.

Then these armies of saints will come down from heaven - just a bit before the battle of Armageddon.
    Last edited by quiet dove; Apr 22nd 2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: First sentence personal toward any who disagree

I'll leave you with one more truth of Scripture.

People like to read 1 Cor. 15:51 and then seem to miss that v 54 hooks up with that same prophecy timing.

last trump
    for the trumpet shall sound
    death is swallowed up in victory

So tell me, how could any martyrs die for the Lord Jesus Christ after this last trump?

death - that people end up with victory over is done with

all death is not yet swallowed up
    but
    the kind as to where one dies and has hope of eternal life is over

over at the last trump
    when the trumpet shall sound
    (the 7th trumpet)
    (the 6th seal timing)

New to this site but...

You can start a private message with me and I will share why I believe in a pre-Tribulational rapture.

Re: New to this site but...

Wow, almost two years old. Anyone still interested in the Scriptures?

There is Revelation 3:10, which is answered in John17.
    There is 1Thess5:9 (and 1:10), which is answered in Romans2.

What really decided it for me is a passage in 2Thess, and the connection between 1Thess4:15-17 and a passage from Revelation 20.

Anyone interested, it'll be fun; if no one's interested, then let's just get a big bowl of popcorn & a good movie...

Re: New to this site but...

There are four schools of thought on the Rapture. Three are serious. Only one can satisfy all the scriptures pertaining to it. The majority of scripture backs a pre- tribulation Rapture. But there are just enough absolutely eligible scriptures to give the opposing side a strong argument. That is, a pre-tribulation rapture has the weight of evidence, but you can't escape those scriptures that indicate a post-tribulation rapture. So, while the pre-tribulation rapture has the weight of evidence, and is a much nicer doctrine to hear (for who actually wants to face that time when God sets His mind to wrath), don't cut out those who want to give their arguments for a post-tribulation rapture. It might take you ten years to see the whole picture but never duck hardship in understanding the Word of God.

Thread Information