Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Purpose Of The Comforter?

What Is The Purpose Of The Comforter?

According to Christ, what is the purpose of the Comforter?

Please can you answer according to what is written.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by Firstfruits View Post
    According to Christ, what is the purpose of the Comforter?

Please can you answer according to what is written.

God bless you!

Firstfruits
    1) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's POWER [Residing] IN us (individually) for ever ("And I will pray THE FATHER, and HE shall give you another COMFORTER, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees HIM not, neither knows HIM: but ye know HIM; for HE dwells with you, and shall be in you. [John 14:16-17]");

2) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TEACHING/REMINDER IN us (individually) for ever ("But THE COMFORTER, WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, whom THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[John 14:26]");

3) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TESTIFIER/TESTIMONY IN us (individually) for ever ("But when THE COMFORTER is come, whom I will send unto you from THE FATHER, even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH, which proceeds from THE FATHER, HE shall testify of ME: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with HE from the beginning. [John 15:26-27]").

Nevertheless I tell you the Truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, [that] shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Quote Originally Posted by THOM View Post
    1) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's POWER [Residing] IN us (individually) for ever ("And I will pray THE FATHER, and HE shall give you another COMFORTER, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees HIM not, neither knows HIM: but ye know HIM; for HE dwells with you, and shall be in you. [John 14:16-17]");

2) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TEACHING/REMINDER IN us (individually) for ever ("But THE COMFORTER, WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, whom THE FATHER will send in MY NAME, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.[John 14:26]");

3) GOD/JESUS CHRIST's TESTIFIER/TESTIMONY IN us (individually) for ever ("But when THE COMFORTER is come, whom I will send unto you from THE FATHER, even THE SPIRIT of TRUTH, which proceeds from THE FATHER, HE shall testify of ME: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with HE from the beginning. [John 15:26-27]").
    Thank you Thom,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    Nevertheless I tell you the Truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, [that] shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
    Thanks The belovedDisciple,

Is what the Holy Spirit taught the gospel of Christ?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Thanks The belovedDisciple,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

YES,,,,, He Gloriflies Jesus the Christ... He teaches and Reveals who Jesus the Christ really is... the True Gospel... He lifts up Jesus the Christ and this points to the Bloody Tree... His Sacrafice... which is where the Power of God is found.. in the Preaching of the Cross...

any 'other gospel' is just that... and there were 'other' gospels being preached when Paul was still alive.. as their are today.. many many different Gospels.

Jesus the Christ ,God manifest in the flesh, who was once physically Dead.. is alive today.. Resurrected by God the Father.. according to the Gospel that was given to me.. and delivered to me in 1994... He is Alive and out of the Tomb... no other 'savior' or 'god' can claim that.. except Jesus the Christ.. which proves that He is not the God of the dead.. but of the Living...

I know He is alive today because He touched me in 1994... why did He choose to 'touch' me? I don't know.. but its according to His Widsom .Will , and Foreknowledge that He saved me that day in Feb...
    I didn't choose Him.. He chose me... and told me to go back home and tell people the great things God has done for you... He knew me when I was in my mothers womb.. and He watched out and cared for me even when I was a child.. and I didn't deserve it.. as a young adult the same.. and it was the Revelation of this Goodness and Unmerited Favor towards me... that brought me to my knees that day.. coming to the Revelation that He is the True God and that He died for my sins on that Bloody Tree...... and without Him I'm nothing and don't exist... and that everything I have in this life and the life to come.. Comes thru Him and what He Sacaraficed on that Bloody Tree...

I long to see the One who set me Free that day.. and that day will come.. according to His timing and Will...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Luke 4:18 Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel"

Ephesians 1:13 "in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"

Luke 21:12 "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. "

Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

Quote Originally Posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    YES,,,,, He Gloriflies Jesus the Christ... He teaches and Reveals who Jesus the Christ really is... the True Gospel... He lifts up Jesus the Christ and this points to the Bloody Tree... His Sacrafice... which is where the Power of God is found.. in the Preaching of the Cross...

any 'other gospel' is just that... and there were 'other' gospels being preached when Paul was still alive.. as their are today.. many many different Gospels.

Jesus the Christ ,God manifest in the flesh, who was once physically Dead.. is alive today.. Resurrected by God the Father.. according to the Gospel that was given to me.. and delivered to me in 1994... He is Alive and out of the Tomb... no other 'savior' or 'god' can claim that.. except Jesus the Christ.. which proves that He is not the God of the dead.. but of the Living...

I know He is alive today because He touched me in 1994... why did He choose to 'touch' me? I don't know.. but its according to His Widsom .Will , and Foreknowledge that He saved me that day in Feb...
    I didn't choose Him.. He chose me... and told me to go back home and tell people the great things God has done for you... He knew me when I was in my mothers womb.. and He watched out and cared for me even when I was a child.. and I didn't deserve it.. as a young adult the same.. and it was the Revelation of this Goodness and Unmerited Favor towards me... that brought me to my knees that day.. coming to the Revelation that He is the True God and that He died for my sins on that Bloody Tree...... and without Him I'm nothing and don't exist... and that everything I have in this life and the life to come.. Comes thru Him and what He Sacaraficed on that Bloody Tree...

I long to see the One who set me Free that day.. and that day will come.. according to His timing and Will...

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
    Thanks TBD,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Luke 4:18 Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel"

Ephesians 1:13 "in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"

Luke 21:12 "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. "

Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."
    Thank you David,

Amen and God bless you!

Firtsfruits

Blog Entries

Ultimate Purpose of God

Ephesians 1:9,10 - For He has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of His will, according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fulness of time to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Observation

The ultimate purpose of God is to sum up all things in His son. In everything the Lord is doing on the earth, the ultimate purpose is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Therefore the basis of what he is saying to us is that we must be found in Him.
    Likewise, knowing that the basic communication of the
    Holy Spirit is about the Son, His ways, His works and His heart, enables us to have a basis for beginning to interpret what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliosias View Post
    Ephesians 1:9,10 - For He has made known to us in all wisdom and insight the mystery of His will, according to His purpose which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fulness of time to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Observation

The ultimate purpose of God is to sum up all things in His son. In everything the Lord is doing on the earth, the ultimate purpose is to be conformed to the image of Christ. Therefore the basis of what he is saying to us is that we must be found in Him.
    Likewise, knowing that the basic communication of the
    Holy Spirit is about the Son, His ways, His works and His heart, enables us to have a basis for beginning to interpret what the Holy Spirit is saying to us.
    Thanks Aliosias,

Welcome and God bless you!

Firstfruits

Blog Entries

Holy Spirit Sensitive

Psalm 100:4 - "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thainkful to Him, and bless His name."

Praise and thanksgiving, communing with God in the Holy Spirit, starts with being Holy Spirit sensitive and understanding the reality of having our spirit connected into the anointing of His Presence.

It is true that the anointing is for others, but it is also true that the anointing is for us to know Him and His truth.

1 John 1:20 - "But you have an anointing from the Holy one, and you know all things."

Psalm 100:4 - "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thainkful to Him, and bless His name."

Praise and thanksgiving, communing with God in the Holy Spirit, starts with being Holy Spirit sensitive and understanding the reality of having our spirit connected into the anointing of His Presence.

It is true that the anointing is for others, but it is also true that the anointing is for us to know Him and His truth.

1 John 1:20 - "But you have an anointing from the Holy one, and you know all things."
    Thanks Aliosias,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Blog Entries

Bringing Forth New Hope and Life to The Dead

Ezekiel 37:2,3 - And He set me in the middle of a valley ; it was full of bones....He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?'

The Holy Spirit resurrection power that is released through faith enables us to speak to and encourage ourselves in the Lord. We are to bring forth new hope and speak life to those that are dead and despairing. As our ears are tuned to hear the Lord's voice His words will create the hunger and desire to disciple others into a higher spiritual life in Chirst.
    The Source of eternal life will connect us to others that will empower us to become all we are destined to be.

Ezekiel 37:10 - "So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet -- a vast army."

Ezekiel 37:2,3 - And He set me in the middle of a valley ; it was full of bones....He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?'

The Holy Spirit resurrection power that is released through faith enables us to speak to and encourage ourselves in the Lord. We are to bring forth new hope and speak life to those that are dead and despairing. As our ears are tuned to hear the Lord's voice His words will create the hunger and desire to disciple others into a higher spiritual life in Chirst.
    The Source of eternal life will connect us to others that will empower us to become all we are destined to be.

Ezekiel 37:10 - "So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet -- a vast army."

Thanks Aliosias,

Truly the Holy Spirit will teach us all things.

Jn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Thread Information