Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel & Revelation Reveal The Antichrist

Daniel & Revelation Reveal The Antichrist

1. It was to arise among the ten division of the Roman Empire. Dan 7:8.

2. It would destroy three of the ten kingdoms. Dan 7:8. The Roman power destroyed the Heruli in A.D. 493, the Vandals in A.D. 534, and defeated the Ostrogoths in A.D. 538. The other seven are still in existence today - Germany, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Switzerland.

3. It would speak great words against the Most High. Dan 7:25;Rev 13:6. "The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man but as it were God, and the vicar of God." - P.F.L. Ferraris, Ecclesiastical Dictionary, art. On The Pope.

4. It would wear out the saints. Dan 7:25;Rev 13:7. "That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history..." - William Edward Hartpole Lecky, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol. 2 (London: Longmans, Green and Company, 1904. p. 32)

5. It would be guilty of blasphemy. Rev 13:6;Dan 7:25. The church claims that the Pope is God and has the power to forgive sin. When Jesus made these claims, the Jews accused Him of blasphemy. (The Church also claims Mary as Mediator, and that the priest "Create God" in the eucharist, etc)

6. It would attempt to change times and divine law. Dan 7:25. The Ten Commandments were written with the finger of God in stone, yet, the Catholic Church claimed the authority to delete the second (graven images) and split the last to come up with Ten. She, also, changed the fourth commandment - changing the day from the seventh day Sabbath (intituted at Creation) to the first day of the week. "...he thinks to change times and laws." Dan 7:25. There is only one time in His Covenant - the Sabbath.

7. It would exercise power over all kindreds, tongues, and nations. Rev 13:7. The nations of the world send ambassadors to this Roman church/state.

8. The Dragon would give his power, seat and great authority to this beast. Rev 13:2. The Caesars of the Roman Empire gave their power, seat and authority to the Bishop of Rome.

9. It was to continue in world domination for 1260 years. Rev 13:5;Dan 7:25. 42 months x 30 days to the Biblical month = 1260 days or years. Ezek 4:6. After defeating the Ostrogoths, she rose to power and reigned until 1798 A.D.

10. It would receive a mortal wound. Rev 13:3. On February 10, 1798, Napoleon's general Berthier entered Rome and took Pope Pius V1 captive. Napoleon decreed that at the death of the Pope (August, 1799) the Papacy would be discontinued. "Half Europe thought...that without the Pope, the Papacy was dead."

11. It would amaze the whole world, for it's deadly wound would be healed. Rev 13:3.In August, 1929, in a letter written by the Pope in Current History magazine, the Pope said, "...Efforts have been made to heal the wound." p. 847.

From the very beginning of Mussolini's dictatorship, both the church and the state determined to settle the Roman question. On February 11, 1929, a concordat was signed restoring the place of the Papacy, thus healing the wound. (The S.F. Chronicle newspaper printed an article referring to this act as healing the wound.)

I am on several Catholic websites...God has His sheep in the Catholic as well as in the Protestant churches...but, we are not talking about His sheep, we are talking about the Papacy, which is the "False Christ."

Daniel never says that he shall destroy or pluck up
    three of the ten kings.

it is "three of the first"
    Where did Daniel see ch 7 horns for the first time?

"three of the first horns plucked up"

first - not ten

Daniel 7:1
    "...had visions..."

7:2
    "...in my vision..."
    not plural yet
    So were there any horns seen in the first of the visions that night?

7:7
    "After this I saw in the night visions..."
    Daniel has left the first vision story.

"And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse from one another. The first was like a lion, and had eagles wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. And behold, another beast a second like a bear, and it raised itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise and devour much flesh. After this I beheld and to another like a leopard which had upon his back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast also had four heads; and dominion was given to it.

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and break into pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts before it; and it had ten horns.

I considered the horn, and behold, there came up among them another horn, before whom there were three of the first horns, before whom there were three horns plucked up by the roots: and behold, in this horn were eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things." Dan 7.

Take right where you left off and see if you come across 2 different ending points as to when Daniel saw the little horn.

Daniel saw the little horn till what event happened?

v9
    "...I beheld till..."
    v10
    "...the books were opened.

v 11
    "....because of the great words which the horn spake..."
    v11
    "...I beheld...till..."

Why does Daniel give two different ending events as to when he saw the little horn?

Daniel 7:1
    "...had visions of his head...told the sum of the matters."

Do you agree that we need to go into the chapter and see just where the various visions of that night begin and end?

visions
    So the first one should be all written down to us using the singular form of that word.

"...I saw in my vision by night..."
    v3
    "...four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse from one another..."
    If these same beasts are seen later in this chapter, then there wouldn't be any reason to again say that they are "diverse".
    agree?

vision
    four great beasts
    up from the sea
    diverse from each other

v7
    "After this I saw in the night visions..."
    after - not during the time of the first vision of that night

v7
    "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast...it had ten horns."

a fourth beast
    with ten horns
    v7
    "...diverse from all the beasts that were before it..."

The chapter is now at the point of where Daniel has seen a total of five beasts.
    five beasts - diverse from each other

The "little horn" is The Antichrist...

Quote Originally Posted by herald View Post
    The "little horn" is The Antichrist...
    I agree that the little horn is for sure the man of sin that will come against Israel and the saints. People miss though that Daniel places more than one vision in chapter 7. He told us that we would get the "sum" as in a summary of what he saw.

7:1
    "...visions...told the sum..." key parts
    Daniel was not going to give us the play by play details. Daniel was going to combine similar parts that were seen.

"...in my vision..."
    7:3
    "...four great beasts..."

"...visions..a fourth beast..."

So what if the fourth beast of the first vision that night was very similar to the second fourth beast seen?

"After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast...it had ten horns..."
    Watch Daniel next switch to speaking of the little horn as "another little horn". Daniel doesn't say that he then sees it do such and such. Daniel is telling us about "another little horn" and relates to us what he already saw it do.

"before whom three of the first horns were plucked up...and the books were opened."

Look how Daniel refers to the mouth of this little horn twice.

7:8
    "...speaking great things....and the books were opened."

7:11
    "...the great words which the horn spake...given to the burning flame."

Daniel has just told us two different endings as to when he saw the little horn.

This is common knowledge among theologians.

Daniel saw three visions in chapter 7.
    told the sum of all of them

v2
    "...I saw in my vision..."
    the first vision of the night had started
    v3
    "And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another."
    Daniel fails to tell us yet about the fourth one and then starts into what he saw during the second vision of that night.

v7
    "After this I saw in the night visions...a fourth beast...it had ten horns."

v 13
    "I saw in the night visions...the Son of man came..."
    Daniel's third vision of that night.

Quote Originally Posted by herald View Post
    This is common knowledge among theologians.
    What is common knowledge?

Do you see what I'm saying as to there is more than one vision section in Daniel 7?

This is why people are also not catching this same type of scenario in Revelation?
    Look for where John starts new stories, new sections.

Rev. 19:1
    "And after these things I saw..."
    Rev. 7:1
    "And after these things I saw..."
    Just some of the examples where John wants his readers to leave the last part as done and then start a new bunch of verses that form one story.

Rev. 7 is not part of the 6th seal story as to the ending of chapter 6.
    Rev. 19 is not the ending part of chapter 18.

Daniel 7:7 is beginning a new story.
    Daniel 7:13 is beginning a new story.

Look at how Daniel words the explanations.

7:21
    "And the same horn made war with the saints..."
    same?

7:17
    "These great beasts, which are four..."
    v18
    "But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom..."

v19
    "Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others..."
    v20
    "And of the ten horns that were in his head..."

Daniel is laying out the story accounts as to five beasts.

1. The lion represents Babylon.

2. The bear represents Medo-Persia.

3. The leopard represents Greece.

4. The fourth beast represents the Roman Empire.

5. The little horn represents the Papacy - the "False Christ," or Antichrist.

A few of these blasphemous claims appear in the ecclesiastical (Roman Catholic) dictionary by Lucius Ferraris, entitled Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Vo. V1, pgs. 438, 442, article "Pope." The Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913 edition, Vol. V1, p. 48 speaks of this book as "a veritable encyclopedia of religious knowledge," and "a precious mine of information."

"The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God."

"The Pope is of such lofty and supreme dignity that, properly speaking, he has not been established in any rank of dignity, but rather has been placed upon the very summit of all ranks of dignities."

"He is likewise the divine monarch and supreme emperor and king of kings."

"Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown as king of heaven, and of earth and of the lower regions."

"So that if it were possible that the angels might err in faith, or might think contrary to the faith, they could be judged and excommunicated by the Pope."

"The Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief king of kings, having plenitude of power, to whom has been entrusted by the omnipotent God direction not only of the earthly, but also of the heavenly kingdom."

"The Pope can modify divine law since his power is not of man but of God."

"We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty." - Pope Leo X111, in an Encylical Letter, June 20, 1894.

"For thou art another God on earth." - History of the Councils, vol. X1V, p. 109.

"We define that the Holy apostolic See (the Vatican) and the Roman Pontiff hold the primacy over the whole world." - A Decree of the Council of Trent, quoted in Phillippe Labbe and Gabriel Cossart, The Most Holy Councils, vol. 13, col.1167.

"Take thou the tiara adorned with the triple crown and know that thou art the Father of princes and of kings, and art the Governor of the world." _ Coronation Service of the Pontiffs.

"The Pope is the supreme judge...he is the vicegerent of Christ, who is not only priest forever, but also king of kings and lord of lords."- Vatican Council, p. 220.

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but He is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." - The Catholic National, July 1895.

During the Vatican Council of 1870, on January 9, it was proclaimed: "The Pope is Christ in office, Christ in jurisdiction and power...we bow down before thy voice, O Pius, as before the voice of Christ, the God of truth; in clinging to thee, we cling to Christ."

"If a man refuse to hear the (Roman Catholic) Church, let him be considered - so the Lord commands - as a heathen and a publican." - Pope Pius X11, in his encyclical letter, The Mystical Body of Christ, June 29, 1943.

"Thus the priest may,in a certain manner, be called the CREATOR OF HIS CREATOR, since by saying the words of the consecration, HE CREATES as it were, JESUS in the sacrament, by giving Him a sacramental existence, and produces Him as A VICTIM to the eternal Father. As in creating the world, it was sufficient for God to have said, let it be made and it was created. He spake, and they were made, so it is sufficient for the priest to say, 'Hoc est corpus meum," and behold the bread is no longer the bread, but the body of Christ. 'The power of the priest,' says St. Bernadine of Sienna, 'is the power of the divine person; FOR THE TRANSUBSTANTIATION OF THE BREAD REQUIRES AS MUCH POWER AS THE CREATION OF THE WORLD."

"And he speaks great words against the Most High." Dan 7:25.

Blasphemy, blasphemy...

Mary was a sinner, that is why she rejoiced in "God, My Savior." Lu 1:47. There is no Mass, Purgatory, Papacy, Indulgences in the Scripture...these are perversions of the truth.

Daniel 7:8
    "...another little horn, before whom three of the first horns...plucked up..."

Yet for Rev. 17, we need ten kings left.
    17:12
    "And the ten horns...have received no kingdom as yet..."
    as in they will not be "was" kings
    The beast was and is not. This beast will ascend out of the bottomles pit and rule the world again.

17:17
    "For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast..."

The ten kings have it in their hearts to give their kingdom unto the beast> so where then did the time of Daniel's saw three of the first horns get plucked up happen?
    It has to occur before the ten give him their kingdom,
    as in - watch for 13 kings to bond together
    Last edited by vinsight4u8; Jun 15th 2009 at 04:56 PM.

The beast is a king that was - popes have never been kings.

Well, they think, that they are...Jesus is the King of kings - not any Pope.

Thread Information