Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Woes

The Sunshine State (Occasionally, The Plywood State)

Banghead Moving Woes

Ladies, I could use some help.

My sweet husband has been shouldering all the responsibility for our move. He's been the one who deals with all the calls, etc. since if I had to do it I'd have to call him to get approvals before moving ahead anyway (so it would just add another level in the chain of command...not very efficient).

The selling bank didn't secure the house after we put the contract in on it. As a result, our stove and the thermostat were stolen from the house. We found out about it back in the beginning of the month. It took 2 weeks before our agents could get back in the house to check to see if anything ELSE was taken (it wasn't) and for us to be able to verify it.

As a result of what happened, our agents were able to get the bank to agree to fix the thermostat and give us a credit for the depreciated value of the stove. We were MORE than happy with this and signed an addendum for it. OUR bank saw the problem on the appraisal and is demanding that the stove and thermostat be replaced, regardless of the addendum. Furthermore, they want to send their appraiser BACK in to verify before they'll give us final approval to close.

This is 1.5 weeks away from closing!! How can the banks do this to us? They don't lose anything, and the selling bank gets $150 per DAY that we are extended for our closing date. So, they could decide to drag their feet and NOT comply with our bank's demands and end up costing us hundreds of dollars!

We're just so upset, and my husband is getting so frustrated and depressed.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on how to light a fire under these underwriters and banks to get them to get us into this house??? Any prayers would be greatly appreciated, too. It sounds so trite to ask for you guys to pray over a house, but our rate runs out on the 17th, our lease runs out on the 19th, I have a wedding on the 25th, and I go back to work the following week! We don't have a large window here!

Please, anything would be helpful!!
    "People aren't confused by the gospel...
    They're confused by us.
    Jesus is the only way to God,
    But we are not the only way to Jesus.
    This word world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie,
    My denomination or my translation of the Bible.
    They just need Jesus...
    Jesus is going to save the world,
    But, maybe, the best thing we can do
    Is just get out of the way."

~"What This World Needs"~
    ~Casting Crowns ~

Tradition doesn't save you, Christ does.
    Don't strap yourself to the Gospel.

Learning submission to His will... again!
    It is not out of line for you to ask for prayer! No matter what it is about it is something that you need help with and we should pray to put it in God's hands!
    So, I will be praying that things all work out smoothly and for the best despite the hectic look that your life seems to be taking on right now!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
    Isaiah 26:9

praying for you and your dh.

Blog Entries
    We don't know why things happen, but trust in the Lord..this is the time to REJOICE in the Lord...that's what HIS Word says...to count it joy when trials show up...it is a test of faith...will you endure...yes, you will if you give it to God and give HIM praise and thanksgiving, also....that is when we know our Faith is true...it is VERY DIFFICULT to rejoice when you think you're in a mess....don't let circumstances steal the Peace and Joy of the Lord!! WE DO SERVE AN AWESOME GOD~~~~NOTHING IS TOO BIG FOR GOD TO HANDLE!!!

God bless
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

I've asked God to help you and your (almost) husband with this matter- you don't need this kind of stress so soon before your wedding day: it sounds as if it is totally unnecessary. May God move on your behalf.

God bless.
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Blog Entries
    Doesn't sound trite at all to me. These kinds of concerns in moving can be awfully stressing, especially since you are both going through a lot of changes in your life right now.

Praying for everything to work out well for you and for you to be happy in your new home.
    Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Ladies - thanks. We're trying to work with the agents to get this done as quickly as possible so we can close in time.

Paidinfull - we've been married for over a year and a half.........
    They're confused by us.
    They just need Jesus...

~Casting Crowns ~

Hey there Lady -

One thing to keep in mind - both the agent and the bank are working FOR you - you are not working for them. They are not doing you a "favor" - they are being well compensated for what they are doing. You may need to gently remind them of that fact - as well as remind them there are other agents and other banks.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

They have us over a barrell in a way, though. We HAVE to be out of our apartment by the 19th. They've already leased it. My husband is starting to work in August. I start at the end of July. I have a wedding that I'm in the week before I start back.

So, our options are exceptionally limited.

It's either we get this house or we have to sign a lease on an apartment because there is no way we can get another contact and loan approved within 1 week to move if this one falls through.

The other bank could literally take their sweet time doing the repairs needed...which delays our approval and delays the closing (to the tune of 150 a day). We have limited options at this point in the game.

Plus, DH is so upset with this whole process he's talking about waiting another 3 years before trying again with the assumption we'll be able to pay cash for a house. That's the same timeline we're on to try to start a family (which means we both want me to stop working). Going down to 1 income while starting a family or having a young child AND trying to move into a house with all the new associated expenses just is not what sounds like a solid plan.

I know he gets the final say, but getting this done now would be far and beyond the best thing (as far as we can see right now).
    They're confused by us.
    They just need Jesus...

~Casting Crowns ~

Perhaps you could ask to speak to a supervisor, or higher-up at the bank? Another thing that has worked amazingly well for me is to contact the Better Business Bureau. I have used them three times in the last 10 years and every time my complaint was taken care of swiftly and to my satisfaction.

Other than that, just keep calling them to let them know how crucial it is that this gets done on time. Most likely, things will drop into place beautifully and all your stress will go away!

Okay - Update Time...

Our agents finally got it touch with the selling agent and the bank directly.

The bank agreed to fix the thermostat and to purchase a new stove. They also agreed to lengthen our contract (FOR FREE - NO PENALTY) through July 31st so there would be enough time to get things through both banks without issue.

The addendum we sent for them to sign has that stipulated as well as the deadline for repairs to be made (this coming Friday). That was sent to them Thursday of last week.

My hubby and I are over halfway done with packing up the apartment. So, it looks like we'll be able to have everything out by the 17th or 18th in order to clean the carpets and the apartment one last time before turning our keys back in on the 19th.

If the selling bank has everything done on the 10th, we should be able to get an appraisal and final approval by the 13th/14th, and hopefully arrange for a closing on the 16th. If that all follows...we'd have that afternoon and evening to clean our new house and change the locks. We'll move all our stuff into the new house on the 17th and clean the apartment, and be done earlier and ready to unpack in our new home.

We are still praying we can get it done more quickly, but just getting it done would be a huge blessing right now.
    They're confused by us.
    They just need Jesus...

~Casting Crowns ~

Blog Entries
    That is good news! Prayers answered and prayers continued. This made me tired just reading it!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Praying that all goes smoothly with your move and that you are quickly settled in your new place.

I'd love to hear all about your home, when you get the chance.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

oh my, if anyone knows what you're going through, then it's me and my family. A year ago we were trying to move but we faced MANY of the problems that you were going through.

Papers got lost in the mail.
    Workers weren't doing thier job.
    Wrong employees were being hired for the wrong job,
    and most of all
    DELAY DELAY DELAY.
    It's exausting AND expensive and by the end we wanted to just quit, but my father kept pushing on. He went higher and higher on the food chain, contacting people that were in charge and finding out what went wrong. He'd been ignored many times. Sometimes, they'd promise, but not fullfill.

But in the end, after 2 1/2 months of struggle and pain, we finally signed off and moved in. A lot of work needed to be done, and school was already in, so it was very hard for us. I would go into TONS of details, but you might get a tad more frustrated yourself.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is,
    Don't be afraid to step up and take control (that is, you AND your husband) and figure out what's going on. Call, send letters, e-mail, anything it takes to figure out what's going on. If the people's boss won't listen, talk to thier boss, and then THIER boss if THEY don't listen and so on and so forth.
    Also, most importantly, if worst comes to worst, don't give up. Things may be hard, but if you give up it'll all be for nothing.

Good luck with your new house! God Bless!

GUESS WHAT?!

PTL - WE CLOSED!!!

As of today, we're homeowners (at least on paper). We get the keys tomorrow morning and we'll start moving in prior to the rehearsal dinner I have to attend (and my husband going to work). We'll finish on Monday. We'll need Saturday for the wedding I'm in for my sweet friend and Sunday to recover from it all before we start again.

We're all just so glad it's over!

Thanks for all the prayers!
    They're confused by us.
    They just need Jesus...

~Casting Crowns ~

Thread Information