Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can people curse other people?

Can people curse other people?

Hi
    Someone asked me this question and I am not 100% sure what to tell them. The person wanted to know if someone can cast or speak a curse over them and whether that curse could actually impact their lives.
    With curse I am referring to a personís health or marriage being cursed Ė and due to the curse, the personís health or marriage is actually impacted i.e. being cursed with a sickness of some sort and then actually falling sick.
    Can you let me know what your thoughts are given these two scenarios:
    1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives. My opinion is no, I believe we are covered by the Blood of the Lamb and do not have to fear any curses from anyone (both in the natural and supernatural)

2. Can someone speak a curse over someoneís life that is not a Christian?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HisWill View Post
    Hi
    Someone asked me this question and I am not 100% sure what to tell them. The person wanted to know if someone can cast or speak a curse over them and whether that curse could actually impact their lives.
    With curse I am referring to a personís health or marriage being cursed Ė and due to the curse, the personís health or marriage is actually impacted i.e. being cursed with a sickness of some sort and then actually falling sick.
    1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives. My opinion is no, I believe we are covered by the Blood of the Lamb and do not have to fear any curses from anyone (both in the natural and supernatural)

Thanks!
    People can curse people but it would only affect the person that is cursing.

Gen 27:29 Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.

What the person doing the cursing expects for the other person is likely to happen to them.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Blog Entries
    Not entirely true Firstfruits, that promise is a specific promise from one man to another.

It is possible to curse other people, and it is possible for that curse to have a very real effect on them. I occasionally did that kind of thing in my pre-Christian days.

I never attempted to curse a Christian so can't say from first-hand experience whether it would work or not. I would expect a Christian who is walking with the Lord to be protected from that kind of thing, but even so it's something I'd be wary of.

Even knowing that Jesus is stronger than anything the devil can throw at me, I wouldn't "put my fingers through the bars" so to speak.

A lot of people think of blessing and cursing as quaint relics of bygone ages, but it's not for nothing James writes about the tongue:

Jas 3:5-10 NKJV Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! (6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. (7) For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. (8) But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (9) With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. (10) Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The power of words is much greater than people often realise.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    No, you cannot curse another person.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Not entirely true Firstfruits, that promise is a specific promise from one man to another.

It is possible to curse other people, and it is possible for that curse to have a very real effect on them. I occasionally did that kind of thing in my pre-Christian days.

I never attempted to curse a Christian so can't say from first-hand experience whether it would work or not. I would expect a Christian who is walking with the Lord to be protected from that kind of thing, but even so it's something I'd be wary of.

Even knowing that Jesus is stronger than anything the devil can throw at me, I wouldn't "put my fingers through the bars" so to speak.

A lot of people think of blessing and cursing as quaint relics of bygone ages, but it's not for nothing James writes about the tongue:

Jas 3:5-10 NKJV Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! (6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. (7) For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. (8) But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (9) With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. (10) Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The power of words is much greater than people often realise.
    Does it not depend on the belief of the person being cursed as to wether or not they are affected?

Firstfruits

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    No, you cannot curse another person.

Yes you can curse other people, it happened all the time in the Bible.

Some scenarios:

When Elisha cursed 40 children in the name of the Lord.
    Because Elisha was a prophet with a double portion of God's Spirit, His words did not fall to the floor.
    Those 40 children got killed by a bear!

Numbers 22:12
    "And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed."

God didnt want Balaam to curse his people, because he knew the curse will happen. So God forbade him.
    Blessing and Curses are real. It can either be from the demonic realm or the Holy realm.
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

1. Can someone speak a curse over a reborn Christianís life that impacts his/her lives.
    I would answer your question with these Scriptures.

Matthew 5:44 "I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

I Peter 3:13 "And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God"

Romans 8:31 "If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post
    Yes you can curse other people, it happened all the time in the Bible.

Some scenarios:

When Elisha cursed 40 children in the name of the Lord.
    Because Elisha was a prophet with a double portion of God's Spirit, His words did not fall to the floor.
    Those 40 children got killed by a bear!

Numbers 22:12
    "And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed."

God didnt want Balaam to curse his people, because he knew the curse will happen. So God forbade him.
    Blessing and Curses are real. It can either be from the demonic realm or the Holy realm.
    Allow me to rephrase in Rabbi's absence...

No, you cannot curse another person in the NT church.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    Allow me to rephrase in Rabbi's absence...

No, you cannot curse another person in the NT church.
    No i'm not saying that christians should go around cursing people.
    But the fact is, curses are real.
    I'm talking about what the bible says about curses, they are real.
    What you say as a christian are powerful as tango proved through the scriptures.

Also remember that Jesus cursed a fig-tree and it withered away.

Romans 12:14
    "Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not."
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Hi

Thanks!
    Personally I believe that is where a generational curse begins.

From Romans... the hand of Paul.. under the Inspiration of the Holy Ghost...

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

The Words of Jesus the Christ...

His Words...

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Blog Entries
    Curses are real. But, God still holds everyone accountable for their own sin.

If you read the story of Baalam trying to pronounce curses upon Israel, you will find that he was unsuccessful. BUT ... Israel did curse Israel by their own disobedience to God's laws. God was very specific in Deuteronomy how curses and blessings happen.

Oftentimes, we give outside people way too much credit, and we also very often like to blame everyone else in the sin/curse game. It doesn't work that way. While the acts of our parents and our environment may be of influence on us, we all have our own decisions to make before God, and we are all accountable to Him for our own behavior.

If you look through the curtain, a curse amounts to not much more than loosing certain spiritual forces upon a person's life. But even the devil himself can only do so much if we remain obedient to God and honor Him with our lives.

Yes, life and death IS in the power of the tongue, and we can do great harm to people by the words we speak, even though we may not be formally "cursing" them as we understand witchcraft and so forth to happen. Regular words spoken in hatred or anger can do far greater damage than some witches' curse, especially if done so over a period of time.

Certainly you can break curses' in Jesus' name. But if your personal behavior dishonors God day in and day out, then all the supposed "curse breaking" won't do anybody any good. I do think sometimes we give far more credence to "boogaboo" behavior than just being practical about things and considering how we conduct ourselves every day, and to repent where we ourselves fall short so that God can do with us as He wills, regardless of what anybody else has to say or how they want to manipulate things in the background.

Christians everywhere unknowingly curse themselves almost every day by their uncareful choice of language.

eg: "Watch me get your cold, now!" or "Every time I (go there, do that, eat that, etc.) I get sick."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post
    Also remember that Jesus cursed a fig-tree and it withered away.
    Notice it was a fig tree and not a person...
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Thread Information