Thread: Web Design

Web Design

A few Christian friends are I are starting up a website and I am slowly learning how to build the website through dreamweaver. We are trying to get this going to do a weekly show and I needed some help with design or some one to quote a price on designing a website to help us get off the ground.

Basic questions for example when I do a blank html I don't know how to place the items where ever I want to.
    Proverbs 5:19
    Married Men ......it's biblical

Contact Urban Missionary on this site. He is an IT guy who designs websites and is very good at it -
    V
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by wondercoolguy View Post
    A few Christian friends are I are starting up a website and I am slowly learning how to build the website through dreamweaver. We are trying to get this going to do a weekly show and I needed some help with design or some one to quote a price on designing a website to help us get off the ground.

Basic questions for example when I do a blank html I don't know how to place the items where ever I want to.
    Use tables to build your site in dreamweaver... it makes things so much easier and allows you to place images and graphics on your page.

There are some pretty good freelancing sites out there too...
    www.guru.com
    www.elance.com
    www.getafreelancer.com

Just be absolutely clear on what you're looking for.

Blog Entries
    If you are programming in WYSIWYG, you can use layers and tables to structure your site. Google dreamweaver tutorials and you will find plenty of vids on how to use dreamweaver to get a site up. You can also find plenty of free templates, which you just have to modify, not rebuild.
    Many hosts also have some kind of building app, so you don't necessarilly need to build it all yourself, or you can get a site up and work on learning how to program in DW.
    You can even find tutorials on adobe's website. If you have Photoshop, you can use the slicing tool, to create great websites. If you do not, you can download Gimp for free from www.gimp.org and it has a great slicing tool.

Blog Entries
    ... I also build websites and I do not charge. I'm not stupid but I am a disabled Vet that must be careful of my income and accept small gifts but not to large and would be happy to help.
    ... The very first note of importance is that Dreamweaver and all of the WYSIWYG editors produce the website but they are in really nasty code and need to be cleaned up. It takes longer to get the trash code out of the page than it does to do it in a basic editor. For an example of my work go to www.myozonegreen.com and then there is my personal website at www.photorepaired.com.

Re: Web Design

Recenly, I built my own website from the site www.thewebpole.com
    Here I had no problems in building my website.
    I had my own web design services.
    You can try to built a website from this site............

Would not recommend resorting to tables for laying out a website over css, which is a much more flexible way to go. It doesn't take all that long to learn once you get the concept down and there are lots of free tutorials and information online about it.

I agree with AngelAuthor.

CSS is vastly superior to using tables in HTML, and CSS is pretty easy to learn.

Blog Entries

I do most of mine in .psd with hand coding to make cells scrollable and such.

Now that is fast and easy...
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Hello! You can always hire a freelancer for this job. Besides, it's very convenient to perform. Just go here XPlace and post a job offer on the marketplace and wait for a feedback or have a look at the portfolios on the website. I hope this will help you!

Earlier the people used to play games and watch movies on the internet but nowadays they have become very smart and they search for almost everything online when it comes to buy some service or product. This is why you just canít miss having a website for the business. I also launched the Child Care Website Design in last month and must tell you that have been getting great response from local parents.

Thread Information