Thread: 7 Year Period Verses

7 Year Period Verses

can someone tell me where the verses are in the Bible that indicate there will be a 7 year tribulation period?

thx!
    Mike

Blog Entries
    That is from Daniel 9:27

Dan 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

The one seven day week being seven years, the final seven years of the 490 year prophecy. There having been a hold on the time table starting with Christ death and resurrection and ending with the rapture. Then at some point after the rapture, when the "covenant with many is made" will begin the count on that final seven years.

Many, such as myself, believe the "he" here that makes this "covenant with many" is the final world leader, who is the Beast from Revelation and empowered by the dragon, Satan.

Of course there are other interpretations for that verse, but that is, in a nut shell, the one where folks get the seven year tribulation

Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post

Dan 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

The one seven day week being seven years, the final seven years of the 490 year prophecy. There having been a hold on the time table starting with Christ death and resurrection and ending with the rapture. Then at some point after the rapture, when the "covenant with many is made" will begin the count on that final seven years.

Many, such as myself, believe the "he" here that makes this "covenant with many" is the final world leader, who is the Beast from Revelation and empowered by the dragon, Satan.

Of course there are other interpretations for that verse, but that is, in a nut shell, the one where folks get the seven year tribulation

But wouldn't this make the trib 42 months, and not 84 months? It looks to me that the real trouble begins half way thu the final week, and not at the beginning of it. BTW, what exactly is mid-trib? Doesn't this view occur half way into the final week? If so, wouldn't pre-trib and mid-trib be basically the same thing, if the trib actually starts in the middle of the final week? Or are the mid-tribbers saying in the middle of the final 42 months?

That's the only place. (If you choose to interpret Daniel 9:27 and place it at the end of time, prior to Christ's return.)

Many Christians have and still do also historically interpret Daniel 9:24-27 as being fulfilled at the cross in Christ; not in a future anything.

(The difference between Dispensational and nonDispensational eschatology).

NonDispensationalists will say that Christ by giving up His life in the midst of the 70th week (since He was 'cut off' the scripture says, 'after the 7 and 62 weeks, or 69th week)...that He Himself confirmed the covenant with the people in His blood; and when the temple veil was rent in twain, Christ Himself caused the abominable animal sacrifice and offering to cease forevermore.

Also, Revelation mentions 5 different 3.5 year periods, and two different 5 month periods.

The one seven day week being seven years, the final seven years of the 490 year prophecy.
    and how do we know that one week is equal to 7 of our earth years?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Revelation mentions 5 different 3.5 year periods, and two different 5 month periods.
    When you say "different" do you mean 'different places describing the same period', or that they are different periods of time?
    analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Blog Entries
    That's the only place. (If you choose to interpret Daniel 9:27 and place it at the end of time, prior to Christ's return.)

Many Christians have and still do also historically interpret Daniel 9:24-27 as being fulfilled at the cross in Christ; not in a future anything.

NonDispensationalists will say that Christ by giving up His life in the midst of the 70th week (since He was 'cut off' the scripture says, 'after the 7 and 62 weeks, or 69th week)...that He Himself confirmed the covenant with the people in His blood; and when the temple veil was rent in twain, Christ Himself caused the abominable animal sacrifice and offering to cease forevermore.

Also, Revelation mentions 5 different 3.5 year periods, and two different 5 month periods.
    I'm with David Taylor on this. He beat me to it.

I was about to post almost the same thing when he hit his submit button....
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    and how do we know that one week is equal to 7 of our earth years?

Mike

It comes from the context, if we go back to v2, we see Daniel understanding that the 70 years of captivity are nearing an end, so the context in that respect is years

There are also other references in scripture regarding Sabbaths and years, like Lev 25:8.

There is also 2 Chron 36:21
    2Ch 36:21 to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her Sabbaths. As long as she lay desolate she kept Sabbath, to fulfill seventy years.

and Lev 26:18
    Lev 26:18 'And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

So if Israel did not obey God we would have Israel making up for the Sabbaths, which got them into the 70 years of captivity, then if they didnt obey we have that times 7. So 7x70 is 490 years.

what does V2 in Daniel say to make people believe that one week is equal to 7 years? i dont see anything that makes me believe that one week is equal to 7 years.

what am i missing? can someone explain this to me as simply as possible?

Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    what does V2 in Daniel say to make people believe that one week is equal to 7 years? i dont see anything that makes me believe that one week is equal to 7 years.

what am i missing? can someone explain this to me as simply as possible?

Mike
    It is that at the beginning of this chapter Daniel is contemplating the 70 years of captivity, so the context is years. It is just one thought toward scholars, or many of them, taking the weeks as years.

Blog Entries
    But many others stand with David Taylor, so there are differing opinions about this. I don't believe a "7 year tribulation" is coming. I have bolded the part that is significant in the quote below. I am nonDispensational.

My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

I don't see a 7-year tribulation period. I see 3.5 years as the duration of the tribulation and my reasons are below:

Trigger event that begins the tribulation: Abomination that causes desolation (Matthew 24:14-21)

What is the tribulation? Period of blasphemy and persecution of believers (Daniel 7:23-26, Revelation 13:5-7, Revelation 12:13-17)

Duration: 3.5 years (Daniel 9:24-27, Daniel 7:23-26, Revelation 13:5-7, Revelation 12:13-17)
    - Daniel 9:24-27 places the abomination that causes desolation in the middle of the 70th week, leaves 3.5 years remaining
    - Daniel 7:23-26 shows that the saints are given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time (3.5 years)
    - Revelation 13:5-7 tells us that the beast is given authority to act for 42 months (3.5 years)
    - Revelation 12:13-17 tells us that the dragon makes war against the woman and her offspring (those who hold to the testimony of Jesus) for a time, times, and half a time (3.5 years)

Scope: Worldwide.

“Authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.” (Revelation 13:5-7)

God Bless,

ServantoftheKing

Thread Information