Thread: The days of Noah and the coming of the Son of man.

The days of Noah and the coming of the Son of man.

Jesus
    MATT 24
    35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
    36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
    37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
    38 "For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
    39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

What was God saying in Noahs day?

Then God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

So a time is coming when God will feel the same way---the end of all flesh will come before him?

God is patient throughout the gospel age that none perish, but all repent ----cause he has fixed this day, when Christ will come and render to everyman his destiny.

"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
    31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

2Pet 3

7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
    12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
    13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Peter seems to think that the coming of the Lord like a thief, involves the destruction of the Heaven and the earth,.... and that the Lords promise to come and recieve us to himself, involves a new heaven and a new earth. Surely the place where righteousness dwells is the Fathers House--see the Lords promise to us in John 14.

Are we looking for this day of God as Peter did?------or do we think that the Lord will come under different circumstances?
    Do we believe his promise to recieve us, is at this time of the new Heaven and earth?

Not only will the earth be destroyed like Noahs day, but the heavens also.
    This makes sense because the ressurection is said to occur when the heavens are no more-or as Jesus said -he will raise us the day.

Job 14

12 So man lies down and does not rise.
    Until the heavens are no longer,
    He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep.
    13 "Oh that You would hide me in Sheol,
    That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You,
    That You would set a limit for me and remember me!
    14 "If a man dies, will he live again?
    All the days of my struggle I will wait
    Until my change comes.
    Ps 49

15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol,
    For He will receive me. Selah.

Jesus comes again to recieve us into the Fathers house--a new Heaven and earth--the place where righteousness dwells.

If the ressurection occurs when the Heavens are no more, what are we to make of the 1st ressurection in Revelation, as this ressurection occurs before the heavens pass away?

Jn 5 may provide an answer.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
    25"Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

This sounds like a spiritual ressurection--born again and made alive unto God. Those who partake of this have escaped judgment---the second death cant hurt us.
    Rejoice
    Jesus then explains the body ressurection of all people

"Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
    29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

All whether Good or evil come forth when he utters his voice.No delay
    We have the guarantee of the Holy Spirit, but we await the redemption of the body.
    Blessed be you if you have believed and recieved the Holy Spirit...the second death cant touch you as your safely on the Ark...saved from that appointed day.

Rev 20
    11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
    12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
    14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
    15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

We are raised the last day, and all in the twinkling of an eye, and they are judged the last day

good post

Thread Information