Thread: Another Temple

Another Temple

When reading Daniel about the seventy weeks in particular the scriptures of Daniel 9:26,27.

When I read these verses I develop the idea that the temple (sanctuary) will be destroyed and is described as a flood that would come with it's destruction and the end of the war will be desolations.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Then the oblation is to cease and the overspeading of abomination shall make it desolate, even to the end.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate

The sanctuary(temple) is to be destroyed and should lay desolate even unto the end...The temple has been destroyed and still lays desolate now.

Should we be looking for another temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    1 Corinthians 6:19
    Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

why is this verse overlooked when it come to end time thinking ?
    is it not possible to fit ?

i have no idea, but just throwing it in the mix, probably doesnt help much lol

When reading Daniel about the seventy weeks in particular the scriptures of Daniel 9:26,27.

When I read these verses I develop the idea that the temple (sanctuary) will be destroyed and is described as a flood that would come with it's destruction and the end of the war will be desolations.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,

and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease

My Messiah, who was cutoff after the 69th week, which is in the midst of the final 70th week; made an end to sacrifice and offering.

I don't look for another stone temple made with hands; because the gospel of Mark tells me, "I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands." Mark 14:58

The final and most perfect Jewish Temple has come!

"the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    My Messiah, who was cutoff after the 69th week, which is in the midst of the final 70th week; made an end to sacrifice and offering.

I don't look for another stone temple made with hands; because the gospel of Mark tells me, "I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands." Mark 14:58

The final and most perfect Jewish Temple has come!

"the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."
    Doesn't these verses in Daniel tell us of the destruction and from that destruction that it will lay desolate?

That is how I read it, Jesus said, He would come and destroy it and that the oblation is to cease.
    For he is the final sacrifice.

My question was directed at those who look for another temple. These scriptures in Daniel and those you have given show that there will never be another one.

Consider that the New Jerusalem will not have a temple for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple.

Jesus didn't destroy the temple..the Romans did.
    There is a desire within the Jewish clergy to revive the old sacrifice and some sort of a temple replacement.
    The abomination being that the man of sin will stand up there and declare himself their savior and their God

Blog Entries
    Doesn't these verses in Daniel tell us of the destruction and from that destruction that it will lay desolate?

That is how I read it, Jesus said, He would come and destroy it and that the oblation is to cease.
    For he is the final sacrifice.

My question was directed at those who look for another temple. These scriptures in Daniel and those you have given show that there will never be another one.

Consider that the New Jerusalem will not have a temple for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple.

If we read Daniel carefully, & read the Olivet Discourse carefully, we find that Daniel's prophecy had been fulfilled.
    Jesus was referring BACK TO Daniel's prophecy as an example of what would soon happen in the times of the Apostles. The destruction of the first temple was a "foreshadowing" to the destruction of the second temple that THEY would see.

If there ever happens to be a third temple built, I don't see it as being anything "of God". It would be strictly man-made for man's reasons; With zero Biblical value.

What would be the reason for a new temple?
    Sacrifices were "abolished" when Jesus was "cut-off in the midst of the (new/blood) Covenant".

I know all about the "Temple Institute" trying/planning to rebuild a temple..... But I still see no reason for a physical temple ever again.
    The temple was where God dwelt in the old times of this cursed Earth; Before Sin & death had been conquered.
    After Jesus paid the sin debt for the world, God now dwells within all of us as believers, through the Holy Spirit. (Not in a building.)

The physical Old Testament temple was also a type/foreshadowing of the ULTIMATE temple- Jesus. The temple he raised again in 3 days.
    Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Then the oblation is to cease and the overspeading of abomination shall make it desolate, even to the end.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate

The sanctuary(temple) is to be destroyed and should lay desolate even unto the end...The temple has been destroyed and still lays desolate now.

I believe another temple will be erected, sacrifice and oblation of some sort will resume. The AC will make his covenant with many sometime before or after that. And thereby kick-off the 70th week, which is the time of Jacobs trouble, the hour of Temptation. The AC will then stop the sacrifice and oblation in the midst of the 7 year period and set himself up as the Messiah, in Jerusalem. He will come in his own name and they will accept him.

Daniel 8:
    [9] And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
    [10] And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
    [11] Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
    [12] And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
    [13] Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
    [14] And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
    [15] And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
    [16] And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
    [17] So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Quote Originally Posted by markdrums View Post
    If we read Daniel carefully, & read the Olivet Discourse carefully, we find that Daniel's prophecy had been fulfilled.
    Jesus was referring BACK TO Daniel's prophecy as an example of what would soon happen in the times of the Apostles. The destruction of the first temple was a "foreshadowing" to the destruction of the second temple that THEY would see.

If there ever happens to be a third temple built, I don't see it as being anything "of God". It would be strictly man-made for man's reasons; With zero Biblical value.

What would be the reason for a new temple?
    Sacrifices were "abolished" when Jesus was "cut-off in the midst of the (new/blood) Covenant".

I know all about the "Temple Institute" trying/planning to rebuild a temple..... But I still see no reason for a physical temple ever again.
    The temple was where God dwelt in the old times of this cursed Earth; Before Sin & death had been conquered.
    After Jesus paid the sin debt for the world, God now dwells within all of us as believers, through the Holy Spirit. (Not in a building.)

The physical Old Testament temple was also a type/foreshadowing of the ULTIMATE temple- Jesus. The temple he raised again in 3 days.

I don't see God allowing another temple to be built, Just how long as it been that Israel has became a nation of themselves and haven't being able to build a temple?!

And scripture tells us of the destruction but don't prophecy of another stone temple.

A temple is a Tabernacle in which God resides, We are his temple now.(2 Corinthians 6:16)

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    I don't see God allowing another temple to be built, Just how long as it been that Israel has became a nation of themselves and haven't being able to build a temple?!

And scripture tells us of the destruction but don't prophecy of another stone temple.

A temple is a Tabernacle in which God resides, We are his temple now.(2 Corinthians 6:16)
    Right. Even if a temple was built, it wouldn't be a temple where God would be dwelling. We are the temple of God.

Acts 17
    24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Quote Originally Posted by John146 View Post
    Right. Even if a temple was built, it wouldn't be a temple where God would be dwelling. We are the temple of God.

Acts 17
    24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
    But that is not anything new.
    Isaiah 66:
    [1] Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
    [2] For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

He was never confined to a temple. He says this repeatedly through the prophets. There wasn't even a temple built until Solomon. The fact of a new temple will do nothing to take away the fact that we Christians are the temple of the Holy Ghost. But let us not think God is confined to us either........

Thread Information