Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marriage supper of the Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Jesus didn't eat nor drink until after is suffering on the cross then in Acts 10:41 We have a record that shows that Jesus eat and drank with them again.
    But you just said
    You speak of the cup of suffering, but Jesus said the fruit of the vine.
    So why do you insist on Acts 10 fulfilling -fruit of the vine?

Those that are called would have to wait one thousand years before the new earth and heaven [ new jerusalem] comes.
    Would be true if the regeneration was the new earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    If He did drink from the fruit of the vine after, where's the scripture that says so? Answer? It doesn't exist.
    As a reference Jesus also said He wouldn't eat any more himself, but we find He did.

Luke 24
    30And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

Acts 10
    41Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Then concerning the kingdom far or near John and Jesus said it was near.

I certainly did!
    Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

He said He is appointing them a kingdom of servitude and endurance/patience, that they may eat and drink at His table in His kingdom yet to come.

......We follow Christ, or we do not and will not reign with Him after we have risen.
    The question put forth was that Jesus would not eat nor drink until the kingdom of God shall come. Not that we would set at his table. We find in Acts He did set and brake bread with them again.

The application is that the "until" is reference to his suffering on the cross.

But you just saidSo why do you insist on Acts 10 fulfilling -fruit of the vine?
    Why then do you insist it doesn't? any proof?
    Would be true if the regeneration was the new earth.
    Why then do we find no mention of this wedding feast when the new earth and new heaven[new jerusalem] comes in those chapters?

In the premill view the marriage supper happens before the second coming. The overwhelming question is how do we have a Marriage supper before the marriage.

Simply the marriage is the joining together of all unto Christ at his coming. Then as in revelation we find a great supper. The marriage supper of the Lamb/the great supper of God.

As a reference Jesus also said He wouldn't eat any more himself, but we find He did.

Luke 24
    30And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

Acts 10
    41Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
    Where's the fruit of the vine?

Then concerning the kingdom far or near John and Jesus said it was near.
    How is this relevant? He also said it was in man before the cross -spirit in man is from God -the candle of the Lord -lights every man.
    Near......, is not here.
    Thy kingdom come....., is not here.

The question put forth was that Jesus would not eat nor drink until the kingdom of God shall come. Not that we would set at his table. We find in Acts He did set and brake bread with them again.

The application is that the "until" is reference to his suffering on the cross.
    How come earlier you acknowledged the assumption you are making but continue to try and make scripture say what it does not in any way?

He will not do passover again until it is at His table in His kingdom with the 12 -which kingdom?- the kingdom where the 12 sit on thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

Why then do you insist it doesn't? any proof?
    uh yea! Read it! Do you see the fruit of the vine anywhere in there?
    No, you don't.

Why then do we find no mention of this wedding feast when the new earth and new heaven[new jerusalem] comes in those chapters?
    Why would we since the regeneration there is the millennium?

In the premill view the marriage supper happens before the second coming.
    I don't know what confused soul thinks that but I certainly do not, and I am premil, though not at all the average premil.

The overwhelming question is how do we have a Marriage supper before the marriage.
    The supper started when the bridegroom and bride went into the wedding chamber for 7 days, if I remember correctly. The question I would ask you is, when are we joined to the Lord and become one with the Lord? When we are joined in spirit.....

Simply the marriage is the joining together of all unto Christ at his coming. Then as in revelation we find a great supper. The marriage supper of the Lamb/the great supper of God.
    It is not the joining of all unto Christ. It is the end of being part of the bride. So when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete the marriage is finished. But it's not over. Don't confuse the bride with All Israel. Israel is all that believe letting God rule in their lives throughout the ages. This includes the millennial age to come the bride rules and reigns over.

uh yea! Read it! Do you see the fruit of the vine anywhere in there?
    No, you don't.
    You must also assume that it's not fruit of the vine. For it's the time of the first fruits of the vine at Penetcost.

Why would we since the regeneration there is the millennium?

I don't know what confused soul thinks that but I certainly do not, and I am premil, though not at all the average premil.
    I understand , Not that i was saying you were.
    The supper started when the bridegroom and bride went into the wedding chamber for 7 days, if I remember correctly. The question I would ask you is, when are we joined to the Lord and become one with the Lord? When we are joined in spirit.....
    To me we are the bride in waiting for the return of the groom. At his return we are joined together in the air or marriaged. And yes then the supper.

This is the reason for my openning question about the marraige supper and the great supper of God.
    Would not they be the same?

It is not the joining of all unto Christ. It is the end of being part of the bride. So when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete the marriage is finished. But it's not over. Don't confuse the bride with All Israel. Israel is all that believe letting God rule in their lives throughout the ages. This includes the millennial age to come the bride rules and reigns over.
    I'm not sure I follow. But Sirus thanks for the responses and engaging into this topic. I know we may differ on many areas but how do you view the topic in question.

Marraige supper of the Lamb and the great supper of God.

Marraige supper of the Lamb and the great supper of God. Would not they be the same?

Let's let the text decide for us.

Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

What does verse 9 tell us? Does it not tell us, blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb? The keyword being 'blessed'.

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Does it look like anyone is blessed at this supper? Besides the fowls of heaven.

You must also assume that it's not fruit of the vine. For it's the time of the first fruits of the vine at Penetcost.
    Was He drinking those firstfruits?

To me we are the bride in waiting for the return of the groom. At his return we are joined together in the air or marriaged. And yes then the supper.

This is the reason for my openning question about the marraige supper and the great supper of God.

I'm not sure I follow. But Sirus thanks for the responses and engaging into this topic. I know we may differ on many areas but how do you view the topic in question.

I see similar language with "supper" but other than that, I cannot say.

Added questions

I wanted to add some more questions on this topic.

• What is the meaning behind "marriage supper of the Lamb"?
    • Why the use of the Lamb and not "bride of Christ"?
    • Is this supper literal or metaphoric?

Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    [/SIZE]

The fowls feast on the carcasses of those slain who came up against Israel to destroy them. vs 21 ...and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. The Lord is using the birds to clean up the mess of Armageddon. The ultimate in recycling. Algore would be pleased if he were not already occupied with special place God has for him.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Matt. 14:27-28 possibly alludes to this I believe after/when Christ returns.
    ........so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
    Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

My "opinion" tho not set in stone. They are not the same.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Re: Marriage supper of the Lamb

Hi, one of the most interesting things of that so called “Last Supper” was the Lord’s claim that it would not be fulfilled until it was done in the kingdom. I had always believed the Lord had fulfilled the Passover through His sacrifice but there it is Luke 22:16 the Lord declaring it was not fulfilled. I was puzzled to say the least. Then I began to see how the Bridegroom was dealing with His future Bride. The Bridegroom proposed to the Bride telling her all he would do including going to His Father to prepare a place for her and to come back for her. If the Bride accepted when given the cup she would take and drink. This the Bride did that night in the person of the disciples. The Bride has been signaling her faith in all He has said and promised to do.
    One of the keys to seeing this came from the interchange about why the Lord’s disciples did not fast as the others in Israel were fasting. The Lord said while the Bridegroom was with the Bride she could not fast but the days were coming when the Bridegroom would be taken and then she would fast. If you have ever been to The Seder meal you will find a huge meal and celebration and will easily see how our Lord’s Supper is the fast the Lord foretold His Bride would eat. The Wedding Supper of the Lamb when the fast will end and the greatest celebration there will ever be will begin.

Re: Marriage supper of the Lamb

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'll just give you my view in a nutshell.

The marriage supper of the Lamb is the celebration of Christ's return for his people. His people represent the Bride of Christ. The union takes place at the resurrection of the saints. We then are able to share a new kind of communion, enjoying the beginning of immortality for us.

The destruction of the armies of the Antichrist at Armageddon is a completely different kind of feast. The birds represent scavengers who clean up all the bodies of the dead, who have been judged by God in that war.

The birds could indeed be quite literal. The existence of metaphors in the prophecy certainly does not mean everything in the prophecy is purely symbolic.

On the contrary, the sword that comes out of the mouth of Christ symbolizes his tongue, or his word, which judges the armies of the Antichrist. But men are quite literally killed in this great battle among nations on earth.

God arranges for the war to take place as a judgment against the armies of the Antichrist, along with many others on earth who are guilty of gross sins. Then the bodies are disposed of as if they were unclean animals.

Thread Information