Thread: Jeremiah 30:9

Jeremiah 30:9

But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
    My question to you is this fulfilled or yet future?
    Please define your answer.

Hello Beckrl, I think future, because I think the resurrection is in the future, but I think I will be in the minority. TWTaylor

Fullfilled,

Jerimiah 39:3
    3'For behold, days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah ' The LORD says, 'I will also bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers and they shall possess it.'"
    4Now these are the words which the LORD spoke concerning Israel and concerning Judah:

10'Fear not, O Jacob My servant,' declares the LORD,
    'And do not be dismayed, O Israel;
    For behold, I will save you from afar
    And your offspring from the land of their captivity

The Land of their captivity was Egypt, and that came to pass with Moses.

I believe that is if it was a future event GOD would have stated all 12 tribes as opposed to just Judah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
    Fullfilled,

Jerimiah 39:3
    3'For behold, days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah ' The LORD says, 'I will also bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers and they shall possess it.'"
    4Now these are the words which the LORD spoke concerning Israel and concerning Judah:

10'Fear not, O Jacob My servant,' declares the LORD,
    'And do not be dismayed, O Israel;
    For behold, I will save you from afar
    And your offspring from the land of their captivity

The Land of their captivity was Egypt, and that came to pass with Moses.

I believe that is if it was a future event GOD would have stated all 12 tribes as opposed to just Judah.
    The verse at hand is Jeremiah 30:9 were is tells of a time when "David their king, whom I will raise up unto them"

Since king David reigned under the united kingdom, some years before this prophecy from Jeremiah.

Also Hosea 3:5 speaks the same.

5Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

It maybe noted that Jeremiah prophecy to Judah and Hosea prophecy to Israel.

Then who is this king David?

Many believe King David was a type of Christ, so when we hear future prophecy regarding King David, it is assumed that is synonymous with Christ. Others believe that King David will partake in the resurrection as we all will, and therefore will be restored to His throne. I believe the latter that He will be raised again. Most think of only Jesus ruling and reigning in the Millennium, but the bible is clear that many will rule and reign with Jesus. As a matter of fact, that is the purpose of the church, and later on the whole world will be taught of the Lord in the peaceful reign and people saved then, too.

I'm big (i.e. interested) in regal type stuff and genealogies and the teaching of the Kingdom. It is a lost teaching in the bible forgetting about this Kingdom and instead has been replaced with the doctrines of "dying and going to heaven". There's a lot more to it all than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    My question to you is this fulfilled or yet future?
    Please define your answer.
    It sounds so much like Acts 2:30-31 and 4:22, 26 that I'd have a tough time answering "future"...
    analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Quote Originally Posted by tim_from_pa View Post
    Many believe King David was a type of Christ, so when we hear future prophecy regarding King David, it is assumed that is synonymous with Christ. Others believe that King David will partake in the resurrection as we all will, and therefore will be restored to His throne. I believe the latter that He will be raised again. Most think of only Jesus ruling and reigning in the Millennium, but the bible is clear that many will rule and reign with Jesus. As a matter of fact, that is the purpose of the church, and later on the whole world will be taught of the Lord in the peaceful reign and people saved then, too.

I'm big (i.e. interested) in regal type stuff and genealogies and the teaching of the Kingdom. It is a lost teaching in the bible forgetting about this Kingdom and instead has been replaced with the doctrines of "dying and going to heaven". There's a lot more to it all than just that.
    Hi Tim,

I see both as true. Jesus is the "branch", which has a direct correlation with David. David's name means beloved, and Jesus is they antitypical David.

But also as you say, David himself will have part in the ruling power of the Christ. Though he himself is not part of the bride as John the Baptist the last of the prophets is not part of the Bride either.

Psalms 45:15-16 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace. (16) Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

Psalm 45 describes the ruling family. King, God, Kings' daughter--The church, Jesus is also a King, and our spouse. This is a wedding scene. Then the Great multitude--the companion--Rev 7, shows before the thrown in a servant aspect.

But then we get to the "fathers" The Patriarchs (David, Samuel, Jacob, Abraham...), become the children to The Christ head and body (they were of the class of servants and not sons of God).

So these Patriarchs are now children of The Christ, and they are made princes (a ruling class, under The Christ-who is King and Queen) in all the earth.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth.

Isaiah 26:9 ... for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Hebrews 8:10-11 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days [Jacob's Trouble], saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

ch2
    20: For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot.

14: For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.

John showed us that a king from the past will return out of the bottomless pit.

Jeremiah showed us that any king from before his day can't be that returning king - as all the old yokes were broken off of Israel. He then tells us about the yoke of iron king - Nebuchadnezzar.

Notice that in the passage you are looking at - a yoke will be broken - in the time of Jacob's trouble.

ch 30
    7: Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
    8: For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:

Quote Originally Posted by astrongerthanhe View Post
    It sounds so much like Acts 2:30-31 and 4:22, 26 that I'd have a tough time answering "future"...
    astrongerthanhe
    Thanks for those verses they do show light on this subject.
    I would have to agree.

Acts 2:29-36
    29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
    33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
    34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
    35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Now then how should we view Jeremiah 30 "the restoration of the land"?

Thread Information