Thread: 2012?

2012?

why will the world end in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2210 View Post
    It won't .

Blog Entries
    Bassically this all comes from the myan calendar, which stops at 2012, dec 21 to be precise. Noone knows why it stops on dec 21 of 2012 but some think that is when the the Myans thought the world would end. To have a extreemly precise calendar just suddenly stop is a curiosity, but I am afraid some groups of people are reading way to much into it now days.

Personally, I think the guys doing the calendar's hand got tired after doing 500 years worth of them and said thats it, I am not doing anymore
    ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

Blog Entries
    Don't take your faith, logic, and common sense from the movies ...... or the Mayan calendar.
    ".....it's your nickel"

No, it won't end in 2012. Guaranteed. If one believes the bible, there will be a terrible time of trouble before the Second Coming of Christ. Although Christians differ in the time span this will be, I am of the belief it will be 7 years with the last 3.5 years being the most intense. Since we are at the end of 2009, the time until late 2012 will be only 3 years away, so even Christ's Kingdom won't come by then (if we want to consider the "end" as being the end as we know it and the start of the Kingdom).

If by end you mean a literal end where everything gets blown up and nothing exists any longer, then how can Christ reign 1000 years (according to Revelation) if the earth was gone?

A wee bit off topic but...

The whole 2012 hysteria is how I became Christian!

Who told you it would?

More 2012 Follow Up

Posted October 3rd, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. I appreciate your answers and devotion to research. I watched the History Channel’s presentation about 2012. Since the Mayan Calendar and it’s purported accuracy are used as a source for the ‘prophecy” about the end of the world, I wonder what this calendar says about the time period around 900 AD and the end of their society. I’m not trying to be argumentative but, this should have loomed pretty large on their list of events to watch out for.
    Continue Reading…

Changing The times And The Law

Posted September 26th, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. I had a thought the other day, in Daniel 7, verse 25 specifically, it talks about the Anti Christ thinking to change the times and the law. Is this saying he is trying to change the calendar? and international laws? I find this interesting since all this hype about the mayan calendar ending in 2012, and it appears that we are heading to a one world government, just something I have been thinking about, but I want to clarify what Daniel is saying exactly. Thanks so much!
    Continue Reading…

Wrong About 2012?

Posted September 25th, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. First I want to say I believe you are a great teacher and have tremendous wisdom. I enjoy reading your articles and answers. However, I believe you are incorrect about timing of the rapture. I was in Bible college when the booklet came out 88 reasons the rapture will occur in 1988. And as you know it did not come to pass. If you are correct about the timing of the rapture then that is awesome? And I would say, Yaaaaaaah!!!! But how do you think your end time theology will change when you are wrong and 2012 has come and gone?
    Continue Reading…

More 2012 Follow Up

Posted September 15th, 2009 in Uncategorized
    Q. You have become one of my favorite people to read. Your article on 8/29-2012…The End Of The World was both exciting and scary. I thought you tempered it well, as you always do, so I am not going to sit on the roof in 2012, but I had a thought this morning that raised a question.
    Continue Reading…

2012, Follow Up

Posted September 9th, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. Thank you for all you have written. You have so helped clarify things for me. Your writing is not something I have to ‘wade through’—it is profound, yet easy to read and grasp, not <yawn> textbookish. That is a real gift you’ve been blessed with and have nurtured.
    I just finished reading the recently posted “2012” commentary. I couldn’t help but make a connection (in the paragraph where you speak of the earth possibly spinning faster due to the dual reversal) to Matt 24:22/Mark 13:20 about “unless those days were shortened”, and Rev 8:12 “a third of the day did not shine, likewise the night”. An earth spinning faster would certainly shorten the days, wouldn’t it!
    Continue Reading…

2012. More Follow Up

Posted September 9th, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. At the end of last week’s feature article “2012 … The End of the World?” you quoted Amos 5:18-20. Considering 2 Timothy 4:8, how are the two verses reconciled?
    Continue Reading…

2012 Article. Date Setting?

Posted September 1st, 2009 in Ask a Bible Teacher
    Q. Re: Your 2012 article. Good one, Jack! My only concern is with the last two paragraphs reading as they do, some are going to say you’re date-setting the rapture to occur by 2012 at the very latest. I don’t think that’s what you’re doing, but I suspect you’ll likely be accused of it. I may be wrong, hope so, but I’d be willing to bet people are going to get 2012 tunnel vision by the time they get to the end of the article as you’ve given them a lot to chew on. Great research on the piece by the way. It’s going to be HUGELY read I suspect.
    Continue Reading…

2012… ¿El Fin Del Mundo?

Posted August 31st, 2009 in Estudios Biblicos En Espanol
    Un Estudio Bíblico por Jack Kelley
    “Entonces habrá señales en el sol, en la luna y en las estrellas, y en la tierra angustia de las gentes, confundidas a causa del bramido del mar y de las olas” (Lucas 21:25).
    El año 2012 se está preparando como un año crucial único en muchos sentidos. Aparte del hecho de que algunos futuristas están prediciendo escasez de alimentos y disturbios laborales para ese año, y los dos tronos más poderosos sobre la Tierra (los EE.UU. y las NN.UU.) tendrán elecciones también, nunca antes se ha visto una confluencia de señales en los cielos como la que supuestamente se verá entonces. En el caso de que usted haya estado de visita en otro planeta durante los últimos dos años y no se ha dado cuenta, esas señales son las siguientes:
    Continue Reading…

2012 … The End Of The World?

Posted August 29th, 2009 in Ikvot ha'Mashiach
    Perspective by Jack Kelley
    “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.” (Luke 21:25)
    The year 2012 is lining up as a uniquely pivotal year in many respects. Aside from the fact that some futurists are predicting world wide food and job riots by then, and the two most powerful thrones on Earth (US and UN) will be up for election, there may be a never before seen confluence of signs in the heavens due to arrive then. In case you’ve been visiting another planet for the past couple of years, here they are.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hama...ld/#more-12441

9. Dosen't the Bible say "No man knoweth the time or the hour for which I will come." ? So if someone predicts this day wouldn't God ignor it?

Quote Originally Posted by David the Warrior View Post
    Dosen't the Bible say "No man knoweth the time or the hour for which I will come." ? So if someone predicts this day wouldn't God ignor it?

No One Knows The Day Or The Hour

Posted September 5th, 2009 in Ikvot ha'Mashiach, Selah, Tough Questions Answered
    A Bible Study by Jack Kelley
    There are two popular phrases people use in connection with the End Times to discourage speculation about just when the Rapture might take place. One is “like a thief in the night”, and the other is “no one knows the day or the hour”.
    It’s been suggested from time to time that I’m sometimes “overly specific” in my teaching on the subject of End Times prophecy (even though I’ve never proposed either a day or an hour) so I’ve undertaken a study of these two phrases to see if I’m guilty as charged.
    Continue Reading…

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/no-o...-2/#more-12601

Blog Entries

Exclamation We know that deception will increase in the end times.

We know that deception will increase in the end times.

1. Matthew 24:5
      For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
      Matthew 24:4-6 (in Context) Matthew 24 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Matthew 24:11
      Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
      Matthew 24:10-12 (in Context) Matthew 24 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Mark 13:6
      For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.
      Mark 13:5-7 (in Context) Mark 13 (Whole Chapter)

I really believe that this 2012 hype is a distraction to add to the confusion.

Much like many bought into the Y2K fears and now are embarrassed...

Quote Originally Posted by David the Warrior View Post
    Dosen't the Bible say "No man knoweth the time or the hour for which I will come." ? So if someone predicts this day wouldn't God ignor it?
    Jesus said

G1492
    εἴδω
    eidō
    i'-do
    A primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent, G3700 and G3708; properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know: - be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.

In other words, no man would be given a revelation or premonition by subjective evidence. However, Jesus did not say we could not know by OBJECTIVE evidence. The bible gives a lot of hints as to the time of the end.

Partaker of Christ Guest
    Matt 24:44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Luke 12:40 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
    Luke 12:41 Then Peter said to Him, "Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?"
    Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, "Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season?
    Luke 12:43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.

This one gets me.
    If we are to watch for signs, then won't we 'expect' that this is (or could well be) the hour?

Thread Information