Thread: Who is this angel in Rev 10?

Blog Entries

Who is this angel in Rev 10?

Re 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Re 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds;

Re 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man,

Re 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Mt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
    Mt 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Re 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Re 10:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
    Re 10:3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

Re 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Job 37:4 After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.
    Job 37:5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

most say that this is christ, but i'm no sure...the word translated another means one of the same kind, like the other angels, a created being....maybe it's the same angel in rev 5:2 i dunno...but it seems to be one of the more highly ranked angels in heaven given it's description...but it's definitely not one of the 7 charged with sounding the trumpets rev 8:2...
    Last edited by ed2; Dec 7th 2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Re 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Re 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds;

Re 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man,

Re 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Mt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
    Mt 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Re 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Re 10:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
    Re 10:3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.

Re 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Job 37:4 After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.
    Job 37:5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
    2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
    3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
    4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
    5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein
    , that there should be time no longer:

The question is, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein? Because whoever that is, that is who the angel isn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
    2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
    3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
    4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
    5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein
    , that there should be time no longer:

The question is, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein? Because whoever that is, that is who the angel isn't.
    Not nessesarily. We could be seeing the submission to the Father.

Here we see a simular reference in the OT.

5Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

6And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

How does this differ if we substitute the word angel with its meaning "messenger"?
    We see God sending his servants as messengers
    We also see God sending his Son as a messenger.
    We even have a parable for it.
    Does that imply the servants and the Son are the same in anything other then being a messenger?
    All we know is that God's messengers are spiritual beings, that are of differing type/rank and are used in specific ways based on their type.

I guess since we as saints have been charged with the Gospel message, that we are all God's messengers (Angels even).
    But I guess if we think of it primarily that way, it would be a demotion from Sons and Daughters.

Thread Information