Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I may have saw an angel or something? I don't know..help?

Think I may have saw an angel or something? I don't know..help?

Before I explain what happened, I would like to say that I am not on drugs and I have never experienced hallucinating. I didn't know who else to turn to and ask without someone looking at me like I was crazy. A few nights ago, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. As I returned and sat back down in my bed, I noticed these twinkling lights on my covers that lasted for only a few seconds. I shrugged it off and figured that I was too tired and it was probably just a figment of my imagination. But then a few nights after that, the same exact thing happened. My curtains were shut when it happened, and I even checked out the window to see if any cars were passing by, none. The streets were dead. I had no source of light in my room. I have no idea what to make of this. The lights I saw shining on my covers were beautiful, they almost loooked as if they were stars in the night sky; which leads me to think they may of been an angel or spirit. I'm not as religious as I would hope to be, so I don't know why this would happen to me. Maybe a sign to start giving my faith a little more attention and devotion? I dont know. Has anyone had a similar experience? Anything would be of tremendous help. Thank you so much.

Blog Entries
    First, let me welcome you to the Bible Forums, tayloreve. Secondly, our Lord Jesus Christ is the author and finisher (perfector) of our faith, instructing us to keep our hearts, minds, and thoughts on Him. Instead of trying to figure out what on earth you saw, give it to the Lord asking Him to give you the understanding if He chooses. He doesn't give us confusion. I noticed in your post several 'I don't know's'. Put your hand in His for guidance and knowledge. Read and study the Word, let it get into your heart and give you the answers. And come fellowship with everyone here to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by tayloreve View Post
    Before I explain what happened, I would like to say that I am not on drugs and I have never experienced hallucinating. I didn't know who else to turn to and ask without someone looking at me like I was crazy. A few nights ago, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. As I returned and sat back down in my bed, I noticed these twinkling lights on my covers that lasted for only a few seconds. I shrugged it off and figured that I was too tired and it was probably just a figment of my imagination. But then a few nights after that, the same exact thing happened. My curtains were shut when it happened, and I even checked out the window to see if any cars were passing by, none. The streets were dead. I had no source of light in my room. I have no idea what to make of this. The lights I saw shining on my covers were beautiful, they almost loooked as if they were stars in the night sky; which leads me to think they may of been an angel or spirit. I'm not as religious as I would hope to be, so I don't know why this would happen to me. Maybe a sign to start giving my faith a little more attention and devotion? I dont know. Has anyone had a similar experience? Anything would be of tremendous help. Thank you so much.
    i definitely believe in the supernatural manifestation. I have never seen an angel, but I have seen a demon. i believe visitations are real. Having said that, what you saw sounds like a visual phenomenon that is pretty common . If you go into a very dark room, close your eyes, and put light pressure on your eyeball with your finger tip do you see anything that vaguely resembles what you saw in your room?

Blog Entries
    Without knowing exactly what you saw, I couldn't say whether it was visual white noise, a manifestation of tiredness, or a genuine spiritual experience. Personally, I know that angels are real, and can be perceived... but they're not all wonderful. I'd sooner never have a spiritual experience, just so long as I can have the knowledge of God. When I was first Christian I did have more overtly "spiritual" experiences... perhaps this is what's happening here? Maybe when we're complete infants we need more lights and bells to get our attention. I don't know... perhaps? It is what happened to me.

Whatever it was, spiritual or physical, I wouldn't worry about it, but I would certainly pray to God to open your eyes, and heart, and mind to His word. That's where the true miracle lies.

Hey, nice to meet you by the way.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

I can't say for sure, but aren't angels more defined when seen? I don't recall any stories in the bible where people say all they saw were twinkling lights, instead they saw an angels whole body or a bright light. I've never seen anything like that so I don't know for sure. It prob. was just a visual distortion or something. My uncle is kinda crazy. He saw something exactly like what you saw. Described it as sparkles. He thinks it was real fairy dust and that there fairies living in the house. Yeah real fairies that are small with wings. He even claims they have touched him on the back. At least you think of angels when seeing this and not mythical fairies.

Both in the Hebrew and Greek angels are called messengers(not light or heat or water or ghosts, etc....), and all Biblical accounts of angels appearing before men never say they are sparkilng lights with no form.

So no, you didn't see an angel. Sorry my friend.

lol. this made me laugh.. fairies.. haha. thank you.

It seems in Scripture an angel either speaks or smites. Since the lights did neither I would have my doubts.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

When I was younger, I saw something that resembled a big black angel.

I was in my room and ready to go to sleep. I had my eyes closed, then I felt something touch me on the forehead. When I opened my eyes, I saw this really big huge shape in the form of what I thought was an angel (Becuase it had big wings) walk out through the door, then it disapeared.

I didn't know what it was, and could only describe it as an angel looking thing. A more accurate discription of what it looks like is a Gargoyle (The ones you see in the cartoons, it looked exactly like one of those, except all black).

I have only seen it once, and have never seen it again...Does anyone know what this was?

Could you have seen static electricity? Sometimes you see little sparks from static electricity if it is dark.

I will say that I have seen what I believe to be a spirit. I'm not sure if it was a demon, but I believe it was. It wasn't coming at me, just watching. I believe the thing couldn't touch me because I was serving the Lord. Just bringing this up to say that I do believe there are angels and there are demons. I do believe we sometimes see their presence. I'm not sure at all what you saw, but don't feel it was spiritual.

My advice is similar if not the same that you've received - pray about it. If you are right with the Lord, you have nothing to fear. If you're not, you can be and then you'd still have nothing to fear.

I was hesitant to bring up the static electricity thing...but, I have to admit, that sounds like that may have been what you experienced. I am always full of static electricity. My hair clings to may face alot, and I always have to carry around a lint brush for all the strands that cling to me!!!! And, at night, when I get up and then get back into bed in the dark, everywhere on my blanket my hand brushes are beautiful sparkling lights...like little stars or lighting bugs, etc.

I DO believe in spiritual manifestations, but I have never taken this to be one.

SAVED!

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post

I was in my room and ready to go to sleep. I had my eyes closed, then I felt something touch me on the forehead. When I opened my eyes, I saw this really big huge shape in the form of what I thought was an angel (Becuase it had big wings) walk out through the door, then it disapeared.

I didn't know what it was, and could only describe it as an angel looking thing. A more accurate discription of what it looks like is a Gargoyle (The ones you see in the cartoons, it looked exactly like one of those, except all black).

I have only seen it once, and have never seen it again...Does anyone know what this was?
    Demon. ........

Sure, that would be your basic Non-Repeating Class-5 Free Roaming Vapor. Just neutronize it with a complete particle reversal and it's Miller time.

OK more seriously I believe what you describe is a type of apparition called "Shadow People". Do an internet search and see if its what you saw.

Just curious, were you a Christian when you saw it?
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Yes, I was a christian when I saw it. It was really big, and had wings. I didn't know what a gargoyle was back in those days, it was only when I saw one in a movie that I thought, yeah thats exactly what I saw.

I have also seen a shadow people. It was different from them. I have also seen a shadow in the form of an animal. I looked it up in wiki to see what that was, apparently the shadow in the form of a small animal resembling a cat is meant to be a familiar spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post
    Sure, that would be your basic Non-Repeating Class-5 Free Roaming Vapor. Just neutronize it with a complete particle reversal and it's Miller time.

OK more seriously I believe what you describe is a type of apparition called "Shadow People". Do an internet search and see if its what you saw.

Just curious, were you a Christian when you saw it?

What's an angel or demon look like according to scripture?

Certainly nothing like you describe. You have a vivid imigination is all my friend. No thing wrong with this, I dream up comic book characters, and then draw them up for fun myself. But it's not reality, only fantasy.

Thread Information