Thread: The Knowledge of Good and Evil

The Knowledge of Good and Evil

Having eaten the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
    what change (as far as knowledge of good and evil) was effected
    in our fallen pair
    that they did not have
    before the Fall?
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

They experienced sin against a holy God and their eyes were opened to that fact. There was no knowledge in the fruit. How is that possible? There is knowledge in the experience.
    So true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Having eaten the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

what change (as far as knowledge of good and evil) was effected
    in our fallen pair
    that they did not have

before the Fall?
    The Holy God, when He created Adam he was destined without death providing that he shall walk accordingly to God's commandment.
    Gen.2; 16 And the Lord God, took the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    17] But the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    Satan the father of liar, a fallen angel,which was the original transgressor since the beginning, beguilled them to disobey the Lord' commandment.
    What is this fruit that they ate that sinned the fair.It is written, that you can know or recognize a tree by it's fruit, the same way Jesus told his disciples in John 8: 19 If ye had known me ye could known the Father also.
    Adam being the first created know personally who is creator was. In Jer. 44: 26 Behold I have sworn by my great name,Saith the Lord that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of every man in Judah in all theland of Egypt, The Lord God live.
    Amos 6:10 Is there yet any with thee? and he shall say ,no, then shall he say, Hold thy tongue for we not make mention of the name of the Lord.
    This commandment was given also to Moises in Deut. 5: 11 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that take his name in vain.
    After they had taken the forbidden fruit, their eyes where opened, and they knew they were naked. meaning the truth had been taken away from them[name of the Lord is forgotten.]
    It is the great reason that due to John 3 : 16 the Father for the sake of love to mankind he sent his beloved Son for us to believe on his name to earn a everlasting life.
    The Act 4: 12 Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be save.
    Adam was cursed ,Gen. 3: 17 And to Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the vice of your wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee saying Thou shalt not eat cursed is the ground for thy sake:
    in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of the life.
    18] Thorn and thistless shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field. This is where is where the parables of the seeds and the grass origin.
    19] In the sweat of the face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it was't thou taken; for dust thou art, and unto the dust shall do return.
    Thus it is equivalent to what Jesus said in Matt. 11: 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek amd lowly in heart; and shall find rest unto your soul. If it happened to Adam ,that their eyes is opened and find themselves naked, the eyes of Jesus follower will be open, and they will knew him. Luke 24:31.
    And the Lord Jesus Christ promise us in Rev.2: 7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
    Thank you and God bless./ virgilio.

First, they saw (realized) they were naked.

Man was created in the image and likeness of God. Man lacked two things. Man did not have eternal life and man was innocent. Having lost his innocence God acted to prevent man from living forever under the corruption of sin. Well man also lacked omnipotence.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    There was no knowledge in the fruit. How is that possible?
    The Bible says there was knowledge in the fruit. That settles it.

Two things happened. They realized they were naked and they became aware of good and evil. Gen 3:11 God asked Adam who taught him the knowledge of being naked? Where did he get that knowledge from? The answer, from the tree. We are not born with either one of those two trades. Babies and todlers go around naked not knowing they are naked and they do not have the knowledge of good and evil

Deut 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Shalom

Quote Originally Posted by Servant89 View Post

Two things happened. They realized they were naked and they became aware of good and evil. Gen 3:11 God asked Adam who taught him the knowledge of being naked? Where did he get that knowledge from? The answer, from the tree. We are not born with either one of those two trades. Babies and todlers go around naked not knowing they are naked and they do not have the knowledge of good and evil

Deut 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.
    I'm confused. Are you trying to prove my point? Because that is all you have done here. Based on your first comment I don't think you think you are agreeing with me, but I'm not sure....

Do you honestly believe something that was in the fruit told them they were naked?
    Undoing their innocence with sin is why they realized they were naked. Experience was in the fruit.

You are correct that Adam's descendants are born innocent and also do not know they are naked. Did you know Jesus didn't know something? Isa 7:15-16
    Jesus didn't have two natures. No one thing can have two natures. It is a contradiction of the term.

Also, Adam's descendants don't have the fruit, and they still learn good and evil. Proving the fruit is not needed. Life is a tree of knowledge of good and evil.

One more thing, knowledge is good. The knowledge of good and evil is a God trait -Gen 3:22.

Blog Entries
    But doesn't it really say this?

Genesis 2:16-17 - "And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

I don't read it as saying there was knowledge in the fruit. I read it as saying that "if you disobey My instructions, you will die."

Two things happened. They realized they were naked and they became aware of good and evil. Gen 3:11 God asked Adam who taught him the knowledge of being naked? Where did he get that knowledge from? The answer, from the tree.
    Again, I'm not sure that's how it exactly reads.

Genesis 3:11 - "And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

I see God asking two questions. "How did you know what 'naked' is?" and "Have you disobeyed me?"

I'm not reading this as God saying that there was something tangible and edible in a piece of fruit. What opened their eyes to nakedness and caused them to hide from God was their awareness of their own disobedience.

Just my two cents.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Hoping not to get sidetracked on the nature of the fruit I an hoping this thread will concentrate on the nature of the change due to particpating in the partaking of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil.
    One mentioned 'their eyes were opened and saw they were naked' and another embellished on that. That is the type of thing I am looking for.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Is the leaving of the garden included? Consequences or just what happened before the consequences?

Is "the fall" the eating or the consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    I'm confused. Are you trying to prove my point? Because that is all you have done here. Based on your first comment I don't think you think you are agreeing with me, but I'm not sure....

Do you honestly believe something that was in the fruit told them they were naked?
    Undoing their innocence with sin is why they realized they were naked. Experience was in the fruit.

You are correct that Adam's descendants are born innocent and also do not know they are naked. Did you know Jesus didn't know something? Isa 7:15-16
    Jesus didn't have two natures. No one thing can have two natures. It is a contradiction of the term.

Also, Adam's descendants don't have the fruit, and they still learn good and evil. Proving the fruit is not needed. Life is a tree of knowledge of good and evil.

One more thing, knowledge is good. The knowledge of good and evil is a God trait -Gen 3:22.
    I see why you are confused. Never mind, it is not worth arguing about it. you are on the right track.

Shalom

Thread Information