Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't live in USA

3 15.79%
  • I will move out of USA

1 5.26%
  • I will try using my old state ID, past expiration date

1 5.26%
  • I will appeal to the government to allow me an exception due to "sincerely held beliefs"

0 0%
  • I will try to get some documents other than State ID to prove my identity

0 0%
  • I will just get the state ID with a chip

8 42.11%
  • Other

6 31.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real ID act

Real ID act

Have you guys heard of real ID act, where they said that they will put microchip inside your state ID (see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act ). Since every state ID expires at some point, in order to renew it, you will have to get that ID with a chip.

I know it probably was talked about before, but I would like to ask more practical question: those of you living in USA, what are you going to do? Are you gonig to get the new ID, or will you hope to be able to use your old one past expiration day, or will you move out to another country or ...

First of all, where exactly does the REAL ID Act require that a microchip is stuck into your state ID? I didn't read the whole Wikipedia page, but when I did a word search for the word "microchip", the only instance that popped up was under "Religious Controversy", where possible use microchip was the subject to speculation... Out of what I did read, nothing seems to indicate that a microchip will actually be put into the ID...?

Second, how is having a microchip in your ID a bad thing? Every state ID/driver's license already has a magnetic data strip. Your ID already contains a photo of your face, your name, your address, your sex, your height, your eye color, your date of birth, your signature, etc. The US government also has everyone on file using their Social Security Number. So what could this microchip do that will somehow make it more invasive to my privacy than my ID already is?

How am I going to deal with it? I'll shrug it off, go to the D.o.T. when my license expires and get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Have you guys heard of real ID act, where they said that they will put microchip inside your state ID (see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act ). Since every state ID expires at some point, in order to renew it, you will have to get that ID with a chip.

I know it probably was talked about before, but I would like to ask more practical question: those of you living in USA, what are you going to do? Are you gonig to get the new ID, or will you hope to be able to use your old one past expiration day, or will you move out to another country or ...
    are you equating this 'chip' with the mark of the beast? I would like to get your thoughts on this..

a micro chip in an id is just that... that's why I want to get your thoughts as to 'why' this evil? or is it evil? and why would 'one move to another 'country'? for what?
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    First of all, where exactly does the REAL ID Act require that a microchip is stuck into your state ID? I didn't read the whole Wikipedia page, but when I did a word search for the word "microchip", the only instance that popped up was under "Religious Controversy", where possible use microchip was the subject to speculation... Out of what I did read, nothing seems to indicate that a microchip will actually be put into the ID...?

Second, how is having a microchip in your ID a bad thing? Every state ID/driver's license already has a magnetic data strip. Your ID already contains a photo of your face, your name, your address, your sex, your height, your eye color, your date of birth, your signature, etc. The US government also has everyone on file using their Social Security Number. So what could this microchip do that will somehow make it more invasive to my privacy than my ID already is?

How am I going to deal with it? I'll shrug it off, go to the D.o.T. when my license expires and get a new one.
    The way it will be different is that the chip that will be inserted into your state ID will be watched from planes. So they will know your exact location and exact movements you are making. The magnetic strips they had on your current ID do NOT enable them to do that; the chip will.

Apart from privacy I worry a lot more about this being a mark of the beast. After all, that is a purpose of microchip implant under the skin.

The way it will be different is that the chip that will be inserted into your state ID will be watched from planes. So they will know your exact location and exact movements you are making. The magnetic strips they had on your current ID do NOT enable them to do that; the chip will.

Apart from privacy I worry a lot more about this being a mark of the beast. After all, that is a purpose of microchip implant under the skin.
    If you own a cell phone that's already happening.

I also think that for something as serious as the mark of the Beast, we would know beyong the shadow of a doubt what we were submitting to - it wouldn't be something that could be done in innocence.

Just my two cents.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    are you equating this 'chip' with the mark of the beast? I would like to get your thoughts on this..

a micro chip in an id is just that... that's why I want to get your thoughts as to 'why' this evil? or is it evil? and why would 'one move to another 'country'? for what?
    Actually it wasn't my idea; I read online that a lot of ppl are saying real ID will be mark of the beast. You can just google "real ID mark of the beast" and you will get plenty such pages.

Like I said, in previous reply I know all ID-s have chips, but the chip in the new ID will be worse in a sense that it will be watched from planes, which is not true of our current chips.

an ID chip in or on a card.. is not in your hand or head.. the 'chip' is not the Mark of the Beast...

you have to study that word 'mark' to understand it...

the 'chip theory' is just a theory and in all reality probably a 'decoy' of some type.. put out there by the Great Deciever to delude and decieve people into something that its not.. he's a master illusionist..

the 'mark' will be recieved upon or in the hand or forehead...

its not a chip that goes into an ID card that you have in your billfold...

and it wont be a 'chip' that goes into or under the skin.. It wont... be that..

Its not.

.so let your Heart be at peace.....and your spirit Rest In Him........... be not afraid..
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

I think we will know exactly what the mark of the beast is when it comes along. God will not allow someone to "accidently" disown Him.
    Psalm 19:14
    Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Actually it wasn't my idea; I read online that a lot of ppl are saying real ID will be mark of the beast. You can just google "real ID mark of the beast" and you will get plenty such pages.

Like I said, in previous reply I know all ID-s have chips, but the chip in the new ID will be worse in a sense that it will be watched from planes, which is not true of our current chips.
    Well, people have been saying UPC codes are the mark of the beast since they came into existence ages ago, so I wouldn't worry too much on Google consensus.

As for being watched via planes.... to what end? If "they" (being any organization with the time, resources, and influence) wanted to track a specific person, that kind of technologgy is already available without a microchip. Satelites can count the hairs on your head all day long and they don't even need the chip to track you.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    My old Department of the Army and Veteran's Affairs ID's both have microchips. Have I suddenly taken on the Mark of the Beast? Oh noes!
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

When I talked to a girl who lives in Ukraine, she told me that she believes it is a mark. At the same time, when I talk to ppl in USA, a lot are saying that it isn't. So, could it be that your responses are influenced by the fact that you got used to all that, due to living in USA? If so, then perhaps the opinion of ppl elsewhere should be taken seriously. Now I know she was the ONLY person in Eastern Europe I talked aobut it. So it is totally possible others wouldn't agree with her. But still, the fact that I talked to just one person and OOOPS that person happened to have this belief at least gives some grounds to suspect that perhaps this belief is common place in Eastern Europe.

When I talked to a girl who lives in Ukraine, she told me that she believes it is a mark. At the same time, when I talk to ppl in USA, a lot are saying that it isn't. So, could it be that your responses are influenced by the fact that you got used to all that, due to living in USA? If so, then perhaps the opinion of ppl elsewhere should be taken seriously. Now I know she was the ONLY person in Eastern Europe I talked aobut it. So it is totally possible others wouldn't agree with her. But still, the fact that I talked to just one person and OOOPS that person happened to have this belief at least gives some grounds to suspect that perhaps this belief is common place in Eastern Europe.
    Why would a European be compelled to take the mark-of-the-beast when RealID Act is an American phenomenon?

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Why would a European be compelled to take the mark-of-the-beast when RealID Act is an American phenomenon?
    They won't be. The girl said that she heard that AMERICANS are getting mark of the beast. She was coinsidering moving to USA, and decided not to, for that one reason. And she told me about real ID which she believes is the mark.

Actually I read about real ID long before talkign to her. But I guess it was telling that she took it far more seriously than most Americans which makes it feel that Americans were conditioned to accept it.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    They won't be. The girl said that she heard that AMERICANS are getting mark of the beast. She was coinsidering moving to USA, and decided not to, for that one reason. And she told me about real ID which she believes is the mark.

Actually I read about real ID long before talkign to her. But I guess it was telling that she took it far more seriously than most Americans which makes it feel that Americans were conditioned to accept it.
    Did your friend explain why she thought it was the Mark? Or did she simply claim she heard from somewhere that it could be? Or what?
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

The mark of the beast will be global. It will effect far more than the US and certainly be far wider than state to state.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information