Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm not sure I care anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Dragon View Post
    I came here hoping to find answers to some of the questions that keep me from being a christian. I have found nothing useful. In fact, I've met with more ill-will and contempt here than I have on any Atheist, Pagan, agnostic or other board on the internet. So I no longer wish to be a part of this.

I like smoking pot, I like premarital sex, I like girls, I like guys, I like all sorts of sex-related things you lot wouldn't care to hear about, I like drinking and I like the freedom to make my own choices.
    If I like these things, and continue to do them, it seems I won't get into heaven. But how can I care about that? If I can't do anything I enjoy in heaven, HOW CAN IT REALLY BE PARADISE?

I'm not all vice, of course. I volunteer, I care for others, I help the homeless, I help stray animals, and I help the mentally under-able. I do not steal, I do not lie, I do not cheat, and I won't hurt anyone or anything. I help with everything I have and then some. But if that's not good enough for god, why bother being good at all? Mainly, because I choose to be good even without a religion. I don't need a book to teach me how to behave. Not all people can say the same, but I can.

I accept myself for who I am, the people I care about accept me for who I am, and other gods/religions will accept me for who I am. Christianity and Christians seem to hate me for existing, and I don't need that in my life.

I hope you all have long, wonderful lives, and I'm sorry for any problems I might have caused. This just isn't a faith I can follow it seems, no matter how many times or how hard I try.

I give up. I'll be an agnostic until I find something I can believe without needing to change who I am in order to believe it.

All the best-
    Xeno Dragon
    I would like you to stay. Your questions tended to be negative from the start, but I think we could have an interesting discussion centered on positive questions such as, "What does it mean to be human?", "What would a satisfying life look like?", "Can we find fulfillment in this life?", "What does it mean to live a good life?" (by "good", I don't necessarily mean "moral" though it might include that. It's a question of perspective. As I look back over my life, can I honestly say that it was a life worth living?")

I'd pray for increased reading comprehention if I were you.

I asked him to come into my life, to help me beliefe in him, and to allow me to serve him. No answer.

Now, I've learned more about god, and in particular the way his followers treat others. I don't think I want to be a part of that.

Talk all you want, I'm leaving. I don't need this.
    I am sorry. really i am.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries
    Your inner conflict is palpable.

Again, let me reiterate, God is on your side. Jesus already took your sin upon Himself. All you have to do, is acknowledge it for what it is, and lay it all down before Him, and confess Him as your Lord, to give Him control, to do things His way, moving forward. And maybe that's the problem, you're not really ready to lay it all down and walk away from it and embrace His ways of doing things and living out your life in that way. To call sin what He calls sin and be willing to be changed, from the depth of your innermost being, never to be the same again.

I pray you find surrender. And peace.

One thing, bluntly: you weren't interested in answers if they contradicted some a-priori belief about yourself, others, human nature or God. In other words, you weren't interested in answers, but you were curious as to what we thought.

Blog Entries
    Hello Xeno,
    I think it is your misconception of what constitutes a Christian that is the root of your sense of discouragement. It's not answers to your questions that keep you from being a Christian--it's a failure to understand the power of God, and the lack a made up mind. And believe me, you will not receive the answers you seek from anyone but the Lord Himself. It's one-on-one with Him.

Christianity is not a religion you choose to participate in. It's a personal, supernatural relationship with Jesus Christ, Who is God in the flesh. And it can only be attained if you seek it faithfully and sincerely--putting the Lord ahead of everything else in your life. Jesus loved us enough to endure a mind-bending experience we will never completely fathom, and he requires the same level of love and devotion from us. That means you have to choose between Him and the world.

Finally, I don't mean to preach, but you seem oblivious to the consequences of walking away from Salvation, and I'm really concerned about that. In the physical realm we live in, it's impossible to comprehend the horrors awaiting those who enter eternity without the blood of Jesus. Those who have done so, would give anything...anything, to receive a second chance--to regain the opportunity you now have, and seem inclined to throw away. Don't waste it..

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Blog Entries
    Fine. If I died right now, I would be more happy with my life as I have lived it than if I had spent it in a church, doing exactly as I'm told and nothing else, just like everyone else, trying to convert others so that we can all be obiedient in exactly the same way. Does that answer the question?
    My young friend, someday when REAL trouble comes your way, and it will, you come on back here and there will be those here who will be happy to pray for you. But for now, you want the life you are in. I find it hard to believe the way you are living now is all you look forward to. Not a faithful wife? Or children? Or a happy home? How sad.

Just remember we will be here and we will gladly pray...when you are ready....

I'd pray for increased reading comprehention if I were you.

I asked him to come into my life, to help me beliefe in him, and to allow me to serve him. No answer.

Now, I've learned more about god, and in particular the way his followers treat others. I don't think I want to be a part of that.

Talk all you want, I'm leaving. I don't need this.

Here is the root of your problem with our God and his Word and with us and with everything we stand for. It is this:

John 3:17-20
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Learning submission to His will... again!
    You're missing the point... but fine, say those were the only sins that they did not have in common. Say they had others. It doesn't matter, the question is, would all of those people go to hell or would they not?
    You know, your going to heaven doesn't hinge on the sins you commit, it hinges on your belief in Jesus Christ. When you love Jesus and believe in him, you start making more loving choices because you want to see him happy. Just like a bride and groom you sacrafice things that you like sometimes to see those you love happy. True love will cause us to forget we ever wanted or needed things that we used to and that is what the point is. A belief and love in Christ eventually leads you down a path of less sinful choices because you are trying to please the God you love...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
    Isaiah 26:9

Blog Entries
    Xeno

From an ex murdress.... Drunkard.... Pot smoker.... Exotic dancer.... Cig puffer.... Liar.... Bis3xual.... Blah blah blah....

I don't miss any of it

And Jesus is the way....

He is the truth....

He is the life....

And there is NO ONE on this earth able to jump the fence....

We have no choice but to go through the OPEN GATE....

A gate which is open....

Because God loved us all that much....

So go have your fun....

We will be waiting to pray with you when you get back....

Please don't wait too long though....

Re: I'm not sure I care anymore.

First of all I want to say, I am sorry for the pain you are going through but I think it's amazing and awesome that you even are seeking to ask questions and that you want to know God.
    I'm not going to really say much about the specifics of the different ideas or arguments here.
    What I do want to share, is that every person who comes to God, and then chooses to follow Him, has to work through the things that are between you and Him, and that is not without pain.
    You've mentioned specific things that you enjoy doing which God says are sin. I can understand that you struggle with the thought that you can't do those things in heaven and therefore question whether heaven is worth it. Heaven is probably unlike what you picture, because it sounds like you struggle mostly a lot against the mindset of religion. Jesus is who I follow...and He is the Lord aka the boss in heaven...He isn't a power freak, or like a manager who is all about control and dictatorship and therefore a bully. If he was, he simply would force us to do what he wants rather than trying to show us things with love and kindness. But He DOES have all power over everything...He chooses to let us live in free will. Jesus didn't like the mindset of religion himself so when you think of heaven, it won't be like a bunch of boring stiff critical minded religious idiots. No offense to anyone specifically. It's just a fact that some "Christians" are that way and usually the ones that speak the loudest and most often.
    Anyway. What I wanted to say is this; if you truly are interested in being able to know God, you don't have to start by arguing with him about each thing.
    Just ask him to show himself to you. Be willing to experience his presence...and if you start that process of getting to know him for himself, you are going to find that he is funny, kind, wise, and loving, the best of friends, the most wonderful leader. He forces you in nothing. But He WILL change you...one little thing at a time, but never too much, never out of vengeance. Everything He does is out of love and for our good, for your freedom.

The OP last logged in over 7 years ago. I doubt they'll see your reply
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

I came here hoping to find answers to some of the questions that keep me from being a christian. I have found nothing useful. In fact, I've met with more ill-will and contempt here than I have on any Atheist, Pagan, agnostic or other board on the internet. So I no longer wish to be a part of this.

I like smoking pot, I like premarital sex, I like girls, I like guys, I like all sorts of sex-related things you lot wouldn't care to hear about, I like drinking and I like the freedom to make my own choices.
    If I like these things, and continue to do them, it seems I won't get into heaven. But how can I care about that? If I can't do anything I enjoy in heaven, HOW CAN IT REALLY BE PARADISE?

I'm not all vice, of course. I volunteer, I care for others, I help the homeless, I help stray animals, and I help the mentally under-able. I do not steal, I do not lie, I do not cheat, and I won't hurt anyone or anything. I help with everything I have and then some. But if that's not good enough for god, why bother being good at all? Mainly, because I choose to be good even without a religion. I don't need a book to teach me how to behave. Not all people can say the same, but I can.

I accept myself for who I am, the people I care about accept me for who I am, and other gods/religions will accept me for who I am. Christianity and Christians seem to hate me for existing, and I don't need that in my life.

I hope you all have long, wonderful lives, and I'm sorry for any problems I might have caused. This just isn't a faith I can follow it seems, no matter how many times or how hard I try.

I give up. I'll be an agnostic until I find something I can believe without needing to change who I am in order to believe it.

All the best-
    Xeno Dragon
    ok let me give my church take on this.

we ALL sin, most of us probably every day. Like John says, "if we say we do not sin, we decieve ourselves" and Paul, "EVERYTHING is permissable, but not everything benifits".

We have to look at the Bible as a depiction of Jesus, because we're not saved by works of the law. However, sin has consequenses, and the bible talks about hardening our hearts.

So I myself would put works of the law completely outside of the faith itself, and its the faith that saves. Jesus calls himself a doctor. We brag of Jesus and what sins we're able to quit thanks to him. If a gay person becomes hetrosexual after becoming a christian (being gay when he accepts Jesus) that is something huge to honor Jesus with. The worse the sin you had in your past, the more honor you give to Jesus if you let Jesus heal you from it, granted it conflicts with law of love. When the bible talks about fruits, a fruit of being far from God (lack of a Father (in heaven)) is homosexuality, if you come close to God a fruit of your faith will be that homosexuality fades away, because you God created your sexuality for being a father and having a wife, i was never homosexual but my sexuality NORMALIZED (calmed down) after i became a christian. HOWEVER, things can take time!

But everything we do as christians should come from the inside of ourselves and the whole law rests on love, thats the freedom we have as christians, to be ourselves. If we have no love, we wont be christians in the first place, and we wont have anything to honor God with, as in, no works. It could even just be small things, like being nicer with how we talk to others out of love for fellow christians in church, that might be all you do, but the criminal hanging on the cross beside Jesus didnt even have that and Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise", all he did was ask Jesus to remember him in paradise, because the key thing here as allways is faith.

This is what our church teach and from what i see myself, this is 100% in accordance with the bible, plus i feel it is correct because Jesus is the light, and he didnt come to judge us but to give us salvation. He was drinking and eating with sinners and the society's outcasts, often scorned or looked down upon by the rest of society. And we also need to remember that everything we do as christians is about rewards in the life after this, not punishment, because Jesus took the punishment on our behalf, and this is what we're taught in our church.

So dont let anything hinder you from having faith, but please try to act nice (out of love) when you go to a church! Dont come drunk to church etc, just use common sense.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Xeno, the death that sin leads to is a spiritual death. When we die that spiritual death results in eternal separation from God. And there are only two places to go when we die, Heaven; which is God's dwelling place; or hell; a place of torment. God doesn't want hell for us or He wouldn't have made a way to get us back into His glorious and holy presence, where no sinner can approach. But His presence is the most pure and most delightful and safest place I've ever encountered. And as much as I can describe it by memory, I really can't even imagine how much greater it will be when I am fully in his presence forever. There is nothing we humans could ever imagine or conjure up that can compare or even be used to explain because God is so far beyond our ability to grAsp with our limited imagination.
    We humans spend our lives trying to satisfy a deep longing in our souls by doing things like getting high or drinking because the feeling gives us a temporary sense of peace or a temporary sense of happiness. Some seek peace or happiness through other pleasures, like giving into our desires for physical pleasures whether it's sexual encounters or gambling or sports or any other thing. The fact is, all these things satisfy our longing only on the surface, they don't go down deep into our very being, so we do more and more, we try harder and harder drugs, heavier liquors, more deviant sex than the night before because it's no longer as satisfying as it once was.
    When in reality, it's your soul that is crying out for satisfaction. It is your soul that is so desperately thirsty so painfully hungry. It's very easy to let our flesh rule us because our flesh does indeed enjoy all these things. But we are made of so much more than just flesh and blood. We have a soul and it dwells inside our flesh crying out "My God! My God, save me! I am so lost and I'm thirsty and I tried everything to satisfy my thirst but nothing is working!"

I think this is what's happening inside of you or you wouldn't have come here. I'm sorry you feel so lost, I hope and pray you'll find your way home to Jesus soon.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Thread Information