View Poll Results: Which food region tastes better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • North

1 12.50%
  • South

7 87.50%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another food thread:What part of the U.S.(Canada included)has the best tasting food?

Another food thread:What part of the U.S.(Canada included)has the best tasting food?

No,I'm not hungry,just curious! Having lived in the South most of my life,that and being raised by hillbilly parents,I find the food in the South to be better than that from the North.I had some cornbread made a Northerner once,and I hontestly thought it was cake! Cornbread should be made thick,crunchy on top and no sugar.When someone brings a spoungy,sweet tasting bread item,to us it's called cake. I never had eggs benidict,or rack of lamb,etc.We always had fried chicken,dumplins,pork chops,bisquits and gravy,fried taters,etc.I'm not saying you all in the North can't cook,I'm saying I know what taste I like.
    Which cooking do you prefer: North or South?

Blog Entries
    South. Definitely. For starters, Yankees don't even know how to make tea. I mean...NO sugar...seriously??? You can't add sugar to cold tea...it sinks. You HAVE to add it to hot tea then ice it down. And, for heavens sake, put the SUGAR in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frecs View Post
    South. Definitely. For starters, Yankees don't even know how to make tea. I mean...NO sugar...seriously??? You can't add sugar to cold tea...it sinks. You HAVE to add it to hot tea then ice it down. And, for heavens sake, put the SUGAR in it!
    I'm probably the only Southerner that don't like sweet tea.I make a lot of sun tea,and add plenty of lemon to it,but no sugar. My wife likes her rea with 2 cups of sugar in hers. I said I could warm it up as use it as syrup if we run out.In fact,I have some tea brewing in the yard right now.

I lived in the south for a few years and I noticed a lot of the food seemed to be very fatty and greasy. I think I like the food up North better.
    Take pizza for example. The pizza in the south doesn't compare to NY style pizza, not by a long shot. I am right and that's all there is to it!

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne D View Post
    I lived in the south for a few years and I noticed a lot of the food seemed to be very fatty and greasy. I think I like the food up North better.
    Take pizza for example. The pizza in the south doesn't compare to NY style pizza, not by a long shot. I am right and that's all there is to it!

Jeanne
    Well, I give you the pizza but Southerner's have the corner on BBQ, cole slaw, and cornbread. Well, anything fried including pickles...we are the best!

Jeanne
    That's ok sister.On the other hand,New Yorkers don't offer great BBQ dinners. We like ours slowly smoked,with potato salad,bbq beans and slaw,wih fried green t'maters on the side. We have some pizza places here that serve it NY or Chicago style ,but I don't care for it.

i like my tea so sweet that once i've finished drinking it, there is a syrup-like substance stuck to the bottom of the glass.
    some of the best cooks in the world are from the South..i can't possibly imagine how anyone else could out-cook a good Southern 'scratch' cook.
    "Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you..."
    Acts 26:16

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up..."
    daniel 3

http://jason-beth-babynickel.blogspot.com/

Well, I give you the pizza but Southerner's have the corner on BBQ, cole slaw, and cornbread. Well, anything fried including pickles...we are the best!
    Well I'm not into BBQ, but the cornbread is good. It does seem like they use a lot of gravys too.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Blog Entries
    Since many italian immigrants live in the north I vote for the North.
    There are way too many cuban sandwishes in the south and they're tasteless
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries
    Well, this thread is making me hungry! I guess I have to stay true to my raising and say Southern food and sweet tea (PIM, not that sweet, tho')LOL. There's nothing like hot, snowy biscuits dripping with real butter, dolloped with blackberry jam and preserves, throw in some fig preserves, too. And tomato gravy alongside the grits. You just have to have grits. I get mine from a real grist mill just over the line into Tennessee in them thar hills. But, I am partial to cajun cuisine since I was raised on the bayou, too.
    2 Corinthians 13:14

Hard to say for around here. I don't think there is a particular food type endemic to this part of the west coast. We've got about every variety of ethnic foods due to a quite diverse population so if you want it you can find it.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Blog Entries
    Well I'm not into BBQ, but the cornbread is good. It does seem like they use a lot of gravys too.

Jeanne
    Not into BBQ? Girlfriend, that's just wrong on so many levels! If you want to get a bunch of Southerner's arguing, ask simply "pulled or sliced" and stand back!

Gravies are a must! You can not waste the pot liquor--there is a family to be fed. My grandmother could make a meal fit for a king out of field peas (aka crowders), cornbread, sliced tomatoes, and sliced raw onion. Yesssss...raw onion. I still enjoy such meals except the fatback is gone replaced by olive oil.

Oh, and forget those honey-glazed hams and what have you. You have not had HAM until you have enjoyed salt-cured country ham. Now, that is one delicious pig....

Jeanne
    You notice we don't use sugar in cornbread! Cornbread is also good cold in a glass of milk. Yummy! Not into BBQ? Oh,you have yet to live! Nothing like a good old sliced beef with hot BBQ sauce.Some of the best places I ate at didn't even use plates for the sandwiches,just wax paper.And a tin roof on the building.We don't need no fancy places here!

Blog Entries
    SLICED!! Oh, I knew this was bound to turn ugly! BBQ should be PULLED not sliced!

I do agree that plenty of BBQ sauce, some cole slaw, and plenty of napkins are requisites. No cloth table clothes...or fancy waiters... it's all about the BBQ!

SLICED!! Oh, I knew this was bound to turn ugly! BBQ should be PULLED not sliced!

I do agree that plenty of BBQ sauce, some cole slaw, and plenty of napkins are requisites. No cloth table clothes...or fancy waiters... it's all about the BBQ!
    Apparently you eat at the more finer BBQ eating establishments. There was a BBQ place in Oklahoma where my father in law ate at.There were two BBQ in town,one is My Place BBQ,and the other one was Slicks.My Place is a lot more fancier the Slicks was.Slick had a old building with a tin roof.His idea of a sandwich was a hunk of sliced smoked beef on white bread and plenty of sauce.His hot BBQ sauce was so hot,it could be used as paint thinner,if it didn't eat the brush. Sadly Slick passed away and his place of buisness was closed forever.

Thread Information