Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Split thread from Wisconsin Democrats

Blog Entries

Split thread from Wisconsin Democrats

As to the earlier conversation on the public school system - God has been completely removed from the public school system and apart from Him, there is no true wisdom. And it doesn't matter at that point how much money you try to solve the problem with, if you teach the children while demanding that True Wisdom not be involved, you're going to crank out arrogant idiots, no matter how much they have "learned."

Re: Democrats flee Wisconsin to avoid vote, police searching...

Quote Originally Posted by awestruckchild View Post
    As to the earlier conversation on the public school system - God has been completely removed from the public school system and apart from Him, there is no true wisdom. And it doesn't matter at that point how much money you try to solve the problem with, if you teach the children while demanding that True Wisdom not be involved, you're going to crank out arrogant idiots, no matter how much they have "learned."
    Good. I'll make sure to tell some of the Hindu teachers in the school system here that.

Whose God do you advocate? In their opinion, if we "reintroduce" God in the classroom, we are talking about Vishnu. Will you be good with that?
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Yeah I am with V on this one. God has no place in a public school system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    Good. I'll make sure to tell some of the Hindu teachers in the school system here that.

Whose God do you advocate? In their opinion, if we "reintroduce" God in the classroom, we are talking about Vishnu. Will you be good with that?
    Huh??? I advocate the only true God. I don't think the solution is to remove all the temples to other god's AND remove all temples to the one true God. The solution is not to say: Well, all people don't beleive in the one true God, so therefore, He may not be mentioned in our schools or public places. That is like....he did good in the Lord's sight and tore down all the idols and false temples of his fathers, but He also tore down all the temples to the true God and removed all of His laws from the doorposts...

Huh??? I advocate the only true God. I don't think the solution is to remove all the temples to other god's AND remove all temples to the one true God. The solution is not to say: Well, all people don't beleive in the one true God, so therefore, He may not be mentioned in our schools or public places. That is like....he did good in the Lord's sight and tore down all the idols and false temples of his fathers, but He also tore down all the temples to the true God and removed all of His laws from the doorposts...
    So - you would be fine with your child sitting in a third grade classroom while his Hindu teacher leads him in prayer to Vishnu?
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Yeah I am with V on this one. God has no place in a public school system.
    We disagree then. I don't dare to say there is a single place on earth or in our "systems" where He has "no place."

We disagree then. I don't dare to say there is a single place on earth or in our "systems" where He has "no place."
    Fine thing for a Christian to say. What about people who believe something different?

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Vhayes;2625320]So - you would be fine with your child sitting in a third grade classroom while his Hindu teacher leads him in prayer to Vishnu?[/QUOTE

No I would not. What part of "the one true God" do you not understand?

No I would not. What part of "the one true God" do you not understand?
    In other words, you want taxpayer dollars to support teaching Christianity in public school. Fine for a Christian. What about non-Christian taxpayers and students? They get a say-so?

Blog Entries

Fine thing for a Christian to say. What about people who believe something different?
    They beleived "something different" years ago when they sent their children to our schools, before we began to say God had no place in our schools. So to your question: What about people who beleive something different? They got what they wanted and now there is no place for God in our schools and now they complain about the wisdomless idiots we are cranking out.

You'd think even without God they could at least teach kids to read. But despite spending more per child on education than any other state in the Midwest, two thirds of Wisconsin's 8th graders are not proficient at reading.

Where does all this money go? Regardless it doesn't take money to teach kids to read, so why is this happening?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/two-...c-school-8th-g
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

They beleived "something different" years ago when they sent their children to our schools, before we began to say God had no place in our schools. So to your question: What about people who beleive something different? They got what they wanted and now there is no place for God in our schools and now they complain about the wisdomless idiots we are cranking out.
    Welcome to a pluralistic society.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

And somehow, (as if by magic?) if there was a class on Christianity our public schools would be cranking out geniuses?

Blog Entries

In other words, you want taxpayer dollars to support teaching Christianity in public school. Fine for a Christian. What about non-Christian taxpayers and students? They get a say-so?
    I think God might bless us again in our education "system" if we even just allowed the presentation of Him as.........one VIEW. As it stands, He is not even welcome at all. As you and V said: He has absolutely no place in our schools.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Welcome to a pluralistic society.
    I doubt the hypnotoad approves.

"ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD!"

Thread Information