Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The meaning of Rom 1:1

The meaning of Rom 1:1

Hi to all and Rom 1:1 is a very important verse , because it represents a time line for Paul and the Body of Christ .

I would be remiss if I did not say that The Body of Christ is not the Church ,

I would be remiss if I did not point out that the Church is not the Body of Christ .

The EKKLESIA really means Assembly or Congregation and not Church .

EK means " from ".
    KLESIS means " a calling " and this is what EKKLESIA means .

Paul a servant of Jesus Christ , called to be an apostle , SEPARATED unto the Gospel of God .

#1 , Just the way it is written , Paul was SEPARATED to only preach one Gospel .

#2 , The Greek APHORIZO is translated by 3 English words .

#3 , By BOUNDRIES

#4 , By LIMITED

#5 , By SEPARATED

The Greek word APHORIZO is in the Greek Perfect Tense , which means Past Action with Continuing Results .

It means that when Paul was separated , which is the Past Action , Paul could never again be Mosaic Law keeper or a Pharisee ever again .

The Continuing Results are , that Paul would alway preach the Gospel of God or what Acts 20:24 , testify the Gospel of the Grace of God .

This also neans that Paul was the FIRST member of an ASSEMBLY called the Body of Christ ,

Paul also became the FIRST GENTILE APOSTLE appointed by Christ .

dan p

Blog Entries

Re: The meaning of Rom 1:1

Quote Originally Posted by dan p View Post

I would be remiss if I did not point out that the Church is not the Body of Christ .

EK means " from ".
    Maybe I missed something... Where are you getting this from Romans 1:1?
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries

Hi to all and Rom 1:1 is a very important verse , because it represents a time line for Paul and the Body of Christ .

EK means " from ".

Paul a servant of Jesus Christ , called to be an apostle , SEPARATED unto the Gospel of God .

#1 , Just the way it is written , Paul was SEPARATED to only preach one Gospel .

#2 , The Greek APHORIZO is translated by 3 English words .

#3 , By BOUNDRIES

#4 , By LIMITED

#5 , By SEPARATED

The Greek word APHORIZO is in the Greek Perfect Tense , which means Past Action with Continuing Results .

It means that when Paul was separated , which is the Past Action , Paul could never again be Mosaic Law keeper or a Pharisee ever again .

The Continuing Results are , that Paul would alway preach the Gospel of God or what Acts 20:24 , testify the Gospel of the Grace of God .

This also neans that Paul was the FIRST member of an ASSEMBLY called the Body of Christ ,

Paul also became the FIRST GENTILE APOSTLE appointed by Christ .

dan p
    I'm not sure where you are getting your information. First, the Greek word ekklesia is translated using the English word "church"; so yes, the ekklesia is the church and the church is the ekklesia. Second, the word ekklesia doesn't mean "church", or "assembly" or "congregation". It means what the user of the word intended it to mean, which is roughly approximated by English words like "church", or "assembly" or "congregation". Second, the term ekklesia isn't used in Romans 1:1, so your point is a non-sequitur and not relevant to a discussion of Romans 1:1. Finally, the fact that Paul was appointed to be an apostle doesn't disqualify him or prevent him from practicing his Judaism. Peter was also appointed as an apostle to preach the gospel and he was a practicing Jew. So were James and the others. Paul says that he practiced his Judaism whenever it would advance his mission to convert people to Jesus Christ.

Not sure who you are getting your teaching ideas from Dan, but they sure are feeding you alot of bad and unsound teachings. You might wanna cut that rope, and stop letting whomever you're getting your info from, stop giving you bad ideas.

Scripture says exactly the contrary to whatever you've been told above.

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church(Ekklesia), Which is his body"

Colossians 1:18 "And He is the head of the body, the church(Ekklesia)"

II Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church"

Ephesians 5:22 "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body"

Colossians 1:24 "and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church(Ekklesia)"

Ephesians 5:29 "as the Lord the church(Ekklesia): For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."

• Matt 16:18 "upon this rock I will build my church(Ekklesia)"
    • Matt 18:17 "And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church(Ekklesia)"
    • Acts 2:47 "And the Lord added to the church(Ekklesia) daily such as should be saved. "
    • Acts 7:38 "This is Moses, that was in the church(Ekklesia) in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai"
    • Romans 16:23 "the whole church(Ekklesia), saluteth you."
    • I Cor 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches(Ekklesia) of the saints. "
    • 2 Cor 8:18 "whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches(Ekklesia)"
    • Galatians 1:22 "And was unknown by face unto the churches(Ekklesia) of Judaea which were in Christ"
    • Ephesians 3:21 "the church(Ekklesia) by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end"
    • I Thess 2:14 "followers of the churches(Ekklesia) of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus"
    • 2 Thess 1:4 "the churches(Ekklesia) of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure"
    • Hebrews 2:12 "I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church(Ekklesia) will I sing praise unto thee."
    • Revelation 2:29 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches(Ekklesia)."

And there are dozens more examples of "Ekklesia" being used to denote and signify the "church" in the O.T. Greek Septuagint Scriptures as well; but sufficient witness has already been established.

Deuteronomy 19:15 "at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established."

Romans 13:1 "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd.

Paul was a Jew, not a Gentile Apostle.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd.

Paul was a Jew, not a Gentile Apostle.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move on.
    Hi RabbiKnife , Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd d , and that is one , for one rght .

He was a Jew , and it was Jews reaching Gentiles with the Grace of God , in Acts 20:24 and Eph 3:1-9 .

Then in Rom 11:13 the Holy Spirit writes through Paul , " For I speak to you Gentiles , inasmuch as I am the APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES .

Then in 1 Cor 14:37 , If any man thinks himself to be a prophet , or spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write are the commandments of the Lord .

It seems that most have never heard of Paul or his authority , and not one adressed Rom 1:1 and would say what APHORIZO means ?? dan p

Hi BroRog , and just look at VINE'S , but you will have to find EKKLESIA under Assembly and if you look under Church , it will direct you to look under Assembly and give the Greek word and see for your self , dan p

Blog Entries

Ecclesiastes (as in Solomon's book) is a good translation from the Hebrew word "kohelet," but we need to connect the word to its Greek root. "Ekklesia" literally means "assembly of called out ones" - incorrectly translated as 'church' in English. The Hebrew word "kohelet" comes from the same root as the Hebrew word "Kahal" (assembly). In English Bibles, the word "kahal" is usually translated "assembly" or "congregation" and it usually is used to describe people of God, namely Israel. The second usage of "kahal" prophetically tells us about the Congregation of God.

"Also God said to him (Jacob): 'I am El Shaddai. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a "kahal" (congregation) of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body." - Genesis 35:11

[Paul] was a Jew , and it was Jews reaching Gentiles with the Grace of God
    So what? Jesus and the 12 apostles were also Jews, and they also reached Gentiles with the Grace of God....you're mincing things over Paul that shouldn't be menced.

The body has many members, and he was just one of many within the Body of Christ who has taking the gospel to the lost of humanity.

Lottie Moon focused her gospel outreach message with the Chinese, but she wasn't declared a China Apostle only...you misunderstand Paul and make him into something he isn't, and create a wall of separate between him and the other apostles that isn't there.

No partitions. No walls. No divisions.

One people. Humanity.
    One problem. Sin.
    One cure. The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That's it.

From about 30 AD through the calling and including of Paul each and every one preached whatever this was, (which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him] Some that heard from those began to change some of the teaching.

Blog Entries

Hi BroRog , and just look at VINE'S , but you will have to find EKKLESIA under Assembly and if you look under Church , it will direct you to look under Assembly and give the Greek word and see for your self , dan p
    Dan, I don't use Vines, I have several Greek Lexicons to use.

Hi BroROG , then use your Lexicons , or the internet , dan p

Blog Entries

Hi BroROG , then use your Lexicons , or the internet , dan p
    Dan, I'm not new at this. I no longer need a lexicon to know what ekklesia means. I think you should use another verse to make your point.

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    So what? Jesus and the 12 apostles were also Jews, and they also reached Gentiles with the Grace of God....you're mincing things over Paul that shouldn't be menced.

The body has many members, and he was just one of many within the Body of Christ who has taking the gospel to the lost of humanity.

Lottie Moon focused her gospel outreach message with the Chinese, but she wasn't declared a China Apostle only...you misunderstand Paul and make him into something he isn't, and create a wall of separate between him and the other apostles that isn't there.

No partitions. No walls. No divisions.

One people. Humanity.
    One problem. Sin.
    One cure. The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That's it.
    Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Hi to David Taylor and episkopos , and I see that ypu both will not write what APHORIZO/SEPARATED means .

When Christ said on the Cross " it is finished " that also is i20 n the Greek Perfect Tense , which means Past Action , is His death on the cross and the Continuing Results are , that he keeps on saving People WITHOUT having to die on a cross ever again .

Separated , since in the Perfect Tense , also means that Paul WILL never be a Pharisee or be a Law Keeper ever again,

And I see , that all have AVOIDED , that Jesus , the 12 apostles and James and the elders of Acts 21:20 were still Law of Moses keepers , and all you still believe in keepi ng the Law Moses ?? dan p

Thread Information