Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period (moved from BC)

Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period (moved from BC)

I am just wondering (this may sound stupid) if people will be able to have babies during the 7-year tribulation period after the rapture of the church? I am asking because it seemd unfair to me that innocent babies would have to endure such suffering while the anti-Christ is reigning on this Earth.

Re: Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period

Actually this question has come up several times recently and is something my wife was wondering about as well. I do not think that we can be dogmatic about it from scripture. I will suggest that God has promised that as long as man is on the earth there will be seed time and harvest. Does this extend to man being fruitful and multiplying?

Another question becomes if a woman is with child when the rapture occurs does the baby remain or is the baby raptured out with the church? Even if the mother is unsaved or should I say especially if the mother is unsaved?

If we believe that God will not impute iniquity to the unborn or those who are below the age of accountability then children of the great tribulation period who surrive would enter into the millenial kingdom when Christ returns. Those who perish will be with the saints in heaven.

The only stupid question is the one that is never asked.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

There will be pregnant women and infants according to Matthew.

Matthew 24:19 "And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!"

Barnes: E-Sword
    Wo to them that are with child, and to them that give suck - Because they cannot so readily make their escape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mom_of_four View Post
    I am just wondering (this may sound stupid) if people will be able to have babies during the 7-year tribulation period after the rapture of the church? I am asking because it seemd unfair to me that innocent babies would have to endure such suffering while the anti-Christ is reigning on this Earth.
    I don't hold this end times view point (not posting to present mine, but to help answer this).

I have been re-reading the OT and I while I hate to say this...when God's judgment came down on the pagans and even His own people for their wickedness, the babies and little children were not spared from the suffering their own parents brought on them due to their sins.

And in 70 AD after Christ had died for our sins, and risen to Heaven, judgment came on Israel through the Romans invading it and it was horrible. There is historical documents telling what happened and it was pretty gruesome. In this case, anyway, the Jews basically told God their guilt for crucifixion His son would be on them and their children...

Matthew 27:24-26 (New King James Version)

24 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”

25 And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”

Parents bring death on their own children and babies because they choose too.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Gen 18:25 ...shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Hi mom of four and Matt 24:19 says that there will be children being born during the Tribulation , dan p

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post

I have been re-reading the OT and I while I hate to say this...when God's judgment came down on the pagans and even His own people for their wickedness, the babies and little children were not spared from the suffering their own parents brought on them due to their sins.
    Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Blog Entries

I am asking because it seemd unfair to me that innocent babies would have to endure such suffering while the anti-Christ is reigning on this Earth.
    Who told you that God was fair??? There is a mountain of evidence to suggest that he is NOT fair.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries

mom_of_four,

The English word "tribulation" comes from the Greek thlípsis--and we can see this from the Strong's Concordance 2347 (and other sources):
    2347 thlípsis – properly, pressure (what constricts or rubs together), used of a narrow place that "hems someone in"; tribulation, especially internal pressure that causes someone to feel confined (restricted, "without options").

2347 thlípsis ("compression, tribulation") carries the challenge of coping with the internal pressure of a tribulation, especially when feeling there is "no way of escape" ("hemmed in").

affliction, persecution, tribulation From thlibo; pressure (literally or figuratively) -- afflicted(-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble.
    Now, is there just "7-years" of this "pressure" and "tribulation" for the saints?

The answer has to be NO.

Why?

Well, look at this one verse below:

Rev. 1
    9I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

. . . fellow partaker . . . in tribulation . . .

Indeed, all the tribulation that John was going through, the other Asia churches of Revelation were going through also, and this is one of the many reasons for the writing of the book of Revelation in general--to encourage the Asia churches to continue in faith amidst tribulation.

Yep . . .
    Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Blog Entries

I think it is interesting when people refer to a "7 year tribulation" like the scripture defines it as 7 years.....

"Time, times, and half a time".... ... different calendars...

interesting.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

That assumes there will be a 7 year tribulation period, and that the rapture of the church occurs before and separate; as opposed to later and along with the Revelation of Christ at the end.

But regardless of when you want to place and venue the 'rapture' (whether at Christ's Revelation, or any period separate and before it), the ultimate question about babies is easily answered.

In Noah's day, God used the flood to destroy every living person on the planet, except Noah and his 7 family members. That means God took the lives of every baby then, and there were no raptures to avoid the wrath he poured out upon the planet. What that tells us, is that anything he does in the future, can also follow this pattern if He sees fit. Suffering isn't overcome by removing anyone. The beautiful thing about it is, even in death, Christ knows who are His, and if he chose to allow babies to die, He alone knows their hearts, and will know where their appropriate eternal destiny was.

Do you remember when King Herod was allowed to kill every baby in Bethlehem? God allowed it, no rapture, no removal from the planet. Yet God is true and just, and I'm quite sure He dealt with each child in the most appropriate and thoughtful way for the afterlife, and their eternal destiny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
    I think you might want to read this article on CARM that includes scriptures of course:

Do the sons bear the sins of the fathers or not?

And if that isn't enough..started reading after that verse you posted and read how the judgment on God came on the Jews because of their sins and how the children and babies were not spared. That verse you posted is about the soul being held responsible for their sins...its not about physical judgment. Two different things there.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Question About the 7-Year Tribulation Period (moved from BC)

The trib period is only 3.5 years long.

We are only raptured at the end of this 3.5 year period. This is at the second coming.

Blog Entries

According to Jesus, the Tribulation began during the wars with the Romans in 66-70AD when Israel was sent into exile. The Tribulation ended when Israel returned to the land and became a new nation in 1948.

Alas Revelation began at the beggining of mankind and will continue to the end of mankind. (physical sense)
    Revelation is Christ
    The letters were written for the churches of Asia and are a part of revelation (they are not revelation but were guidance and prophecies, warnings and discipline to those specific people within those churches at that time)
    Revelation is much bigger than a time period it has to do with everything and specific things which have happened and will happen.

As for the the babies, God is righteous and His judgement is just, we cannot try to place barriers on Him and His judgement, He is all seeing, He knows everything for everyone, from the beggining (conception) to the end (physical death) be it a small child or an elderly person.
    We should not worry ourselves of those matters because it is as it is, but we should treat each small one with grace and do no harm that they may be brought up to the Lord in glory, and that in such we may bring glory to the Lord ourselves, each day is its tribulation in itself.

I believe that children will be born during tribulation, they have been born during tribulation and will be born even during the 1000 years of literal reign of Christ on earth.

The rain falls on the unjust and the just as the wind blows the same. God will give accordingly to all (small,or old,just,unjust,of all different tongues and nation according to His Holy judgement, for He is righteous in His judgement)

Thread Information