Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: weeping and gnashing of teeth

weeping and gnashing of teeth

This doesn't say screaming in agony as you would think if it meant cast into the lake of fire.
    I believe this is when people see the true believers called up to heaven and they are left behind on Earth.
    Because they realize they have been left behind and will not inherit heaven.
    Thus they start crying in anguish and gnashing their teeth. Like cursing and shaking their fists that they were left behind.
    It has dawned on them that they are not saved.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and
    Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you
    yourselves thrust out.

Blog Entries

Re: weeping and gnashing of teeth

I had never thought of it that way, but it does sound like they would never have thought they'd be 'left out'. Maybe they could have thought of themselves more highly than they ought to?
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggindeeper View Post
    I had never thought of it that way, but it does sound like they would never have thought they'd be 'left out'. Maybe they could have thought of themselves more highly than they ought to?
    Who is Jesus talking to when he speaks of weeping and gnashing of teeth?

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42).

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:11-12).

The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:50-51).

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:29-30).

Blog Entries

Also when Jesus gave the explanation of his parable of the wheat and the tares, he made the same statement.

Matthew 13:37-43

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I find it interesting according to this parable just WHO is taken! The ones TAKEN are the ones who do iniquity! They are NOT 'left behind' for another chance to come to the Lord!!

Something to think about, huh!

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Quote Originally Posted by nimblewillsgrace View Post
    And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:11-12).

The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 24:50-51).

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:29-30).
    Also when Jesus gave the explanation of his parable of the wheat and the tares, he made the same statement.

Matthew 13:37-43

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I find it interesting according to this parable just WHO is taken! The ones TAKEN are the ones who do iniquity! They are NOT 'left behind' for another chance to come to the Lord!!

Something to think about, huh!
    Taken together, it sounds like just about everybody fits into one category or the other. If we take the two sons in the Prodigal story which do you think is most likely to fit where?

Its also interesting that you can't really tell the difference between wheat and tares until they are harvested?

Blog Entries

Those are people who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. They are good at wearing masks, disguising. They hang out with Christians, but have one foot in the world. They could sing in the choir!

Those are people who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. They are good at wearing masks, disguising. They hang out with Christians, but have one foot in the world. They could sing in the choir!
    Not what it says? It plainly says they were children of the Kingdom, and servants.

Quote Originally Posted by svfox View Post
    This doesn't say screaming in agony as you would think if it meant cast into the lake of fire.
    I believe this is when people see the true believers called up to heaven and they are left behind on Earth.
    Because they realize they have been left behind and will not inherit heaven.
    Thus they start crying in anguish and gnashing their teeth. Like cursing and shaking their fists that they were left behind.
    It has dawned on them that they are not saved.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and
    Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you
    yourselves thrust out.
    It isn't a salvation issue but an issue of being cast out....deemed unworthy. Weeping and gnashing of teeth represent the 2 different carnal reactions to this outcome. Even the reactions are a clue as to why these were deemed unworthy.

Jesus said that we must forsake ALL in order to become His disciple. How many actually do this? So we ignore the command of Christ to our own detriment.

Blog Entries

What? That's exactly what it describes. These people are cast into fire. I highly doubt they spend much time regretting their lives and more time suffering pain from being burned to death.

BEFORE being cast into the fire, they certainly would be sad and etc but when in the fire it's a totally different situation.

Forsake all.

I think that means all sin. Look at the tax collector. Jesus said salvation has come to this house after the tax collector just said I'll give back all the money I stole.
    It is just most people wouldn't give the money back as they want to live in the world.
    When you have more desire for the things of the world, even one, then you have yet to Forsake it for Christ.

Blog Entries

I think that means all sin. Look at the tax collector. Jesus said salvation has come to this house after the tax collector just said I'll give back all the money I stole.
    Just for clarification. He didnt say he stole anything:

Luk 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

If anything was taken from "false accusation" meaning if someone had lied and the tax man went after the person not knowing the accusation was false. this man was willing to repay anyone 4 times IF they had been victims of false accusation. The point is the man is honest and would not be happy to know that he had taken things from someone on false allegations.

Forsake all.

It is just most people wouldn't give the money back as they want to live in the world.
    When you have more desire for the things of the world, even one, then you have yet to Forsake it for Christ.
    Don't confuse righteous behaviour with being a disciple of Christ. Many people behave righteously without being Christian.

We, as Christians should AT LEAST behave righteously. We are called to partake of the death and life of Christ. This causes us to do perfect works in holiness. This goes beyond the righteous acts of upright men.

To forsake all means a lot more than giving up what we consider as sinful. It means giving up the things that the world holds dear as well. Also the things we once held (and maybe still do) hold dear. A Christian is to forsake his rights, his nationality, his views and opinions. He is to give up even his family and his own life. Nothing is sacred to the Christian save the link with God in Christ. Everything must grow from there.

Seek FIRST the kingdom and HIS righteousness.

I personally know very few who even consider this important. The great apostasy is here.

That's why true Christians don't stand for a national anthem or say the pledge of allegiance. Or join the military. Or salute flags.

Thread Information