Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Knowledge of Good and Evil

The Knowledge of Good and Evil

There is something that did'nt happen at the cross and that is you still retained the knowledge of good and evil. You ever wonder why most of the time you will not find more than a little group here and a little group there that can agree on the scriptures.

As a matter if fact most denominations feel other denominations are so wrong they will doubt the others salvation, like what you believe saves you.

That is what is called denominationalism or the knowledge of good and evil in full bloom. We treat the old knowledge like it is spiritual and Godly, when the fact is it is an effrontry to the things of God. When thinking about these things I like to use the scripture where Jesus himself said the day would come when men would kill you and say they do God a service. I like to use that scripture because it shows what the mind is capable of when left to it self to interprept the word of God.

When are we left to ourselves, when the revelation gospel is not preached. When the final gospel in the scriptures is left out of our understanding we are in trouble because you will have to try to get revelation out of the word of God with the knowledge of good and evil. Most are so comfortable today with that knowledge that they claim it to be spiritual and do things such as judging spirituality based on money or even numbers and the size of a building and we put our stamp on and say success is spirituality, that is a very tricky mind set that comes in with the americanized gospel.

The hope of anything that has to do with your growth and understanding is the same as it has always been, which is Christ in you the hope of glory, and Him revealed in you, to you, as your only life, that was Paul's answer to the knowledge of good and evil and it still rings true today for any hungry believer.

Re: The Knowledge of Good and Evil

I believe anyone can change their mind about anything if they want to. However the mind is committed to doing things a certain way and it will hurt if you dont follow the original pattern, even if its wrong. The Apostle Paul comes back with the remedy for this "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus", Phil. 2:5.

To use a crude analogy Paul knew what made a human being tick, he was the greatest psychologist that ever lived because he knew the problem with people was in the way they think. If they would change their thinking to fit what God is doing, they would function on this earth as God intended.

Your nature has already been exchanged. You had a sin-nature and it has been exchanged for the God-nature that is now in you. You now have the ability as a believer to be everything God intended you to be.

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Yes, we retain the knowledge of good and evil because it is fleshly, carnal. During my 46 years of belonging to Christ, I've heard exactly 2 lessons on the differences between the flesh and spirit, differences between the soul and the spirit, and the war between the flesh and the spirit. These things have been mentioned many times in passing, but only one person I've heard has EVER defined and explained these things...and it has made all the difference.

blessings,

Watchman

Thank You for your article. I would just add that it seems the failure of many is not learning to NOT think above [beyond] that which is written, which is why exaggeration and over-estimation enters into their thoughts. Likewise many refuse to deny their own will, but still insist on it, even after calling Jesus their Lord. The results that we behold are some say "I am of Catholic", and some say "I am of Protestant", and etc and etc. They have not learned or refuse to accept that Christ is not divided; that "Catholic" was not crucified for them, neither were they baptized in the name of "Protestant", and etc and etc. For while one says "I am of this", and another "I am of that"; they are yet carnal and walk as this secular world walks. They who are truly of God hear Godīs Words [only]; and they who are of the world speak of the world, and the world hears them.
    And they went out and preached that men should repent. (Mark 6:12)

That is the problem Paul addressed in his first letter to the saints at Corinth, Longsufferer. Your post describes part of their divisiveness perfectly; however, most who are walking in the flesh are unaware of it. The Tree of Knowledge contains knowledge of both good and evil. Most folks, who attempt to 'read and do' the Bible, are actually walking in the fleshly realm of the knowledge of good...and they represent a huge problem to themselves and to the church.

Thank you both for your input, very good understanding, and to make your acquaintance as well. I am thinking about another scripture Paul use's in, Eph 4:17, "That you henceforth walk not as other gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind". Paul guves four admonitions on what brings the vanity of the mind. First is in, Eph 4:18, "Having our understanding darkened". We have so mych junk un our minds that if God hollered out of heaven like He did with Saul on the Demascus road, instead of answering like Paul did "Yes Lord, what would you have me do", we would give an answer like "well let me pray about that". Men today are so loaded with doctrine they reject revelation when the Holy Spirit is dealing with them, what a gentle dove He is. He will not override our minds, it must be yielded to Him. So much we dont know but could learn if we only knew Him "Christ", as our life. That is the main ministry of the Holy Spirit to teach us Christ, the Christ that is in us, not the one at the right hand if the Father ir even Jesus of Nazereth but "Christ in you the hope if glory".

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    Yes, we retain the knowledge of good and evil because it is fleshly, carnal. During my 46 years of belonging to Christ, I've heard exactly 2 lessons on the differences between the flesh and spirit, differences between the soul and the spirit, and the war between the flesh and the spirit. These things have been mentioned many times in passing, but only one person I've heard has EVER defined and explained these things...and it has made all the difference.

blessings,

Watchman
    You mean Watchman Nee?

Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    There is something that did'nt happen at the cross and that is you still retained the knowledge of good and evil. You ever wonder why most of the time you will not find more than a little group here and a little group there that can agree on the scriptures.

As a matter if fact most denominations feel other denominations are so wrong they will doubt the others salvation, like what you believe saves you.

That is what is called denominationalism or the knowledge of good and evil in full bloom. We treat the old knowledge like it is spiritual and Godly, when the fact is it is an effrontry to the things of God. When thinking about these things I like to use the scripture where Jesus himself said the day would come when men would kill you and say they do God a service. I like to use that scripture because it shows what the mind is capable of when left to it self to interprept the word of God.

When are we left to ourselves, when the revelation gospel is not preached. When the final gospel in the scriptures is left out of our understanding we are in trouble because you will have to try to get revelation out of the word of God with the knowledge of good and evil. Most are so comfortable today with that knowledge that they claim it to be spiritual and do things such as judging spirituality based on money or even numbers and the size of a building and we put our stamp on and say success is spirituality, that is a very tricky mind set that comes in with the americanized gospel.

The hope of anything that has to do with your growth and understanding is the same as it has always been, which is Christ in you the hope of glory, and Him revealed in you, to you, as your only life, that was Paul's answer to the knowledge of good and evil and it still rings true today for any hungry believer.
    Yes...we confront the ways of God when we judge for ourselves what is good and bad FOR US!!!

We are called to rejoice in ALL things. Even those things that seem bad to us. ALL things work for the good of those who love the Lord...ALL THINGS!

1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    You mean Watchman Nee?
    Lol, Episkopos. I've read a bunch of his writings, but never heard him speak! Sooooo...not Watchman Nee...rather A. Watchman!

Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    ...I am thinking about another scripture Paul use's in, Eph 4:17, "That you henceforth walk not as other gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind". Paul guves four admonitions on what brings the vanity of the mind. First is in, Eph 4:18, "Having our understanding darkened". We have so mych junk un our minds that if God hollered out of heaven like He did with Saul on the Demascus road, instead of answering like Paul did "Yes Lord, what would you have me do", we would give an answer like "well let me pray about that". Men today are so loaded with doctrine they reject revelation when the Holy Spirit is dealing with them, what a gentle dove He is. He will not override our minds, it must be yielded to Him...
    Our minds were darkened when Adam sinned. His spirit became separated from God (a definition of death) and he became a soulish, fleshly man, rather than a spiritual man. All born after him were born fleshly, not spiritual. His sins were not passed on, but his consitution, or make-up, was passed to all born after him. The darkening of the mind occurred because understanding comes through our spirits via God.

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives him understanding.

Nice to make your acquaintance, as well, Michae!

blessings,

Watchman

Blog Entries

Being tripped up on the knowledge of good and evil is probably the single-most, greatest hinderance to receiving ALL things from God's hands and to give thanks and praise for all things, in all things.

Soon as you pre-judge something as "evil" ... what's there to give thanks for? God allowed "evil" to happen, therefore He must not love me as the Bible says He does.

Dangerous tree to be eating off of.

Yes yes and amen and amen to all said, nice to have a good indepth discussion. Watchman Nee, Norman Grubb, Warren Litzman, Major Thomas to name just a few that had a revelation of Christ in them of their generation. Warren litzman is still traveling and holding meeting into his eighties now. His website is Christ-life.org very good reading and streaming audio.

The mystery of God is "Christ in you", Col 2:23-25. There is no mystery in God now that Christ has been revealed, the mystery is just in the mind. The Holy Spirit is there to reveal Christ in us to us whenever we are hungry enough to want to know Christ. He is there in you and has been since the momoent you believed on Him as your Saviour. He doesnt leave you He doesnt come and go as some would suppose He is our life and you have no other as some suppose. Growing in Christ means as you learn Christ in you He begins to overwhelm everything you think you are. Some say I cant stop what Im doing but yes you can with Christ as your life in you and now you have the knowledge of that He in you can conquer everything in you that hinders your dailey living and expression of Him.

Christians have a copout of simply saying I just cant live this life, I have good news for you, your right you have been crucified with Christ on the cross, your as dead to God as Christ was when He died at Calvary. When He died you died, when He rose you rose, when He ascended you ascended. Its really that simple to our Father all the complication
    Comes in through very unsound teaching today and a lack of hunger on the believers part.

There is nothing left for our Father to do accept reveal His Son that is in us to us. When Jesus said "it is finished" you know what he meant, "it is finished" there is nothing left but learning the Christ in you.

Its like this, you are doing alot of things that you dont need to be doing. What we have to do is stop and listen to the Holy Spirit, He will teach you Christ. Everything you are searching for is found right inside of you, I dont
    Know how else to say it. You can spend a life time going round and round the mountain or you can sit and listen.

Michae,
    I don't know how you could say it more clearly. Even though I seem to be searching for my path, I understand the HUNGER. I say "YOU HAVE TO WANT IT". Want that way of life. The everlasting life that we will have. We all will have NO CHOICE at death. Make that CHOICE before it's TOO LATE. I do indeed hunger to be more what I should be. I WANT IT.

Welcome back to all hope your Christmas was the best ever.

There is a deep root of religion that runs thru all of the Fathers birthed offspring, though we have His nature the mind of the believer is still being renewed. The mistake we all make in our thinking is when we were born again we take that as mind renewal. Mind renewal comes later, much later for most of us because of the knowledge of good and evil.

The cross is the miracle of God for the spirit of man, the soul of man will need everything God has created to bring about the new life we have in Christ. The world is a school house and in the school house there are many class rooms and as believers we will go through each class room as our Father directs his child

A major problem with our growth today is we want to blame satan for causing so much trouble in our journey. He has some influence but he is not in control of this world and he surly does not run the lives of God's bonified offspring. The mind will trick you to believe satan has a grip on you in this world, Jesus would say "be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.

Thread Information