Thread: The Garden of Eden

The Garden of Eden

I seem to notice that there are quite a lot of archaeologists interested in finding the exact Earthly location of the Garden of Eden. I wonder how many of you out there are interested in finding the Garden of Eden. I know I am. And more than that, I also daydream a lot about bringing a time machine into the Garden of Eden, going back to the time of Adam and Eve to stop them from eating the forbidden fruit, showing them pictures and videos of what would happen if they ate the forbidden fruit (the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), hauling the serpent out of the garden so he could never tempt anyone again, maybe even putting up a fence around, or even attach signs (with skull and crossbones symbols, and words such as; "Danger! Poisonous fruit! Fatal if eaten or ingested!) on, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, returning to the present day and then marvelling at how peaceful mankind would be living.

Blog Entries

Re: The Garden of Eden

Even if the Garden still existed by Noah's day, the Flood destroyed it as it destroyed everything in existence. Genesis 7:17-24.

Even if by some bizarre notion we could go back and meet Adam and Eve and warn them about their future actions, why on earth would they believe you and me when they didn't even believe God?
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by buster
    I seem to notice that there are quite a lot of archaeologists interested in finding the exact Earthly location of the Garden of Eden. I wonder how many of you out there are interested in finding the Garden of Eden. I know I am.
    It won't be found. Humanity was exiled from the garden; people can't just waltz back on in because they think they outsmarted God and found it. In any case, it wouldn't be paradise anymore. It'd just be some place with some plants and animals, if that. As far as we know, it shriveled up and died. Paradise is found in Jesus, not in some random location on planet earth.

Focus less on what could have been (never mind that someone else could have committed 'the first sin' in the mean time), and instead focus on what will be (i.e. paradise restored through Jesus).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    I seem to notice that there are quite a lot of archaeologists interested in finding the exact Earthly location of the Garden of Eden. I wonder how many of you out there are interested in finding the Garden of Eden. I know I am. And more than that, I also daydream a lot about bringing a time machine into the Garden of Eden, going back to the time of Adam and Eve to stop them from eating the forbidden fruit, showing them pictures and videos of what would happen if they ate the forbidden fruit (the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), hauling the serpent out of the garden so he could never tempt anyone again, maybe even putting up a fence around, or even attach signs (with skull and crossbones symbols, and words such as; "Danger! Poisonous fruit! Fatal if eaten or ingested!) on, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, returning to the present day and then marvelling at how peaceful mankind would be living.
    You don't need no stinkin' time machine. Just be faithful until your last day on this earth, and God will transport you to that perfect land where sin is non-existent!

Interestingly, many Bible passages about Paradise are simply descriptions of life on earth.

For example, a prophecy of Isaiah states: “They will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.” (Isaiah 65:21)

Where are houses built and vineyards planted? Where is fruit eaten? On the earth. Proverbs 2:21 explicitly states: “The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth.”

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

There will be a new heavens and a new earth, too, where there are houses and vineyards, yes?

W
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Even if the Garden still existed by Noah's day, the Flood destroyed it as it destroyed everything in existence. Genesis 7:17-24.

Even if by some bizarre notion we could go back and meet Adam and Eve and warn them about their future actions, why on earth would they believe you and me when they didn't even believe God?
    I agree. Assuming that God is far more powerful than man, w hich I do and I assume all of you do, there is no reason Adam and Eve would listen to a human even claiming to come from the future.

In addition, I am not interested in finding the Garden of Eden, because through Christ we are promised the Kingdom of God.

I tend to view the Garden of Eden as a prototypical mythological symbol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LightofTabor View Post
    I tend to view the Garden of Eden as a prototypical mythological symbol.
    So, is Adam a "prototypical mythological symbol" as well?
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Yes, I think so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LightofTabor View Post
    Yes, I think so.

SO then, what part of the bible ISN'T "prototypical mythological symbol"?
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Much of it is largely historical. Judges, for example.

Try a study of the plateau of Pamir, very possible site for the garden of eden, interesting if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolLoves View Post
    I agree. Assuming that God is far more powerful than man, w hich I do and I assume all of you do, there is no reason Adam and Eve would listen to a human even claiming to come from the future.
    But suppose I would have also dragged that serpent/Satan out of the Garden and thrown him into the ocean before he could have even had a chance to tempt Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit? I am sure that, without Satan being there to tempt them, they would not have eaten it.

In addition, I am not interested in finding the Garden of Eden, because through Christ we are promised the Kingdom of God.
    I can not seem to find that promise written in Matthew. Especially, what about Matthew 5:48?

And what about all those people out there that have never heard about Jesus before? Even I , personally, know a few people who have never heard about Jesus before. Many people have had near death experiences, saw the Lake of Fire, and broadcast their stories on YouTube, and from their stories, the Lake of Fire is truly no good for any human being at all.

Thread Information