Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GREEK EXIT PROPHESIED?

GREEK EXIT PROPHESIED?

Does the bible predict that Greece will exit the Eurozone? Some political commentators believe Greece is firmly established in the Eurozone. Some however believe Greece will exit the Eurozone.

What does the bible say? The bible seems to indicate that Greece will form part of the new ten-part Middle Eastern Empire, rather than be part of the older Western Europe region.
    We know from Rev 13 that the new Middle Eastern Empire will incorporate the lion and bear, known to be Iran and Iraq, and so the new empire does look Middle Eastern. This empire will arise from the sea, which often refers to the Meditteranean. So if there is a new empire arising from the countries of the Meditteranean like Turkey and Israel and also includes Iran and Iraq where does Greece fit in? Will Greece be part of the new empire that arises, or part of the old European system?

There is a huge clue in Rev 13, which states that this final Middle Eastern empire will "resemble a leopard". The imagery of Rev 13 (lion/bear/leopard) refers to Daniel 7, the leopard was the Greek Empire. How can a new Middle Eastern Empire resemble the Greek Empire and yet not have Greece in it? I believe Greece will be part of the new empire, and not part of the old Western Europe.

Prophecy is not an exact science, and so I'm advocating we watch Europe to see if the Greek problem is prophecy unfolding before our eyes. I believe it will be a fascinating fulfilment of prophecy if Greece joins Turkey and the Middle East in a new international co-op.

Re: GREEK EXIT PROPHESIED?

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude
    Does the bible predict that Greece will exit the Eurozone?
    No. ................

Blog Entries

No. .
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Greece joining with Turkey? Very, very unlikely.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

...........No........
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Iran, Iraq, Greece, and Turkey? Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
    Iran, Iraq, Greece, and Turkey? Not going to happen.
    LOL! I enjoyed the responses. 4 nos and one unlikely.

We will have to wait and see who is right here. unfortunately I won't be able to gloat if I'm right because when this all unfolds we will be close to the persecution period. So I doubt we will be so freely on the internet at that time. Prophecy can unfold in mysterious ways, and political landscapes can change rapidly. I believe Israel, Turkey, Iraq and Iran and Greece will be part of a future union, looking at bible prophecy.

Looking at current events, Turkey and Israel are getting stronger militarily while all their enemies around them are disintegrating with infighting. (Iraq/Syria/recently Libya). They are both allied to the West. Greece's position in the EU is uncertain. International co-ops are an effective form of peace-keeping. So there is nothing unrealistic about a Middle Eastern Union with two Meditteranean countries at the helm, Israel and Turkey.

I'll add a fifth no.

The Bible doesn't mention the Eurozone, much less mention who will leave it.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
    -R.A. Heinlein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    No.............
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    No.............
    6 no's so far, one maybe, any more takers?

Quote Originally Posted by adampjr View Post
    I'll add a fifth no.

The Bible doesn't mention the Eurozone, much less mention who will leave it.
    But if you read my full post I was referring to Rev 13 which indicates a new beast/empire that has Middle Eastern countries in it and resembles the Greek empire. So you are welcome to give your alternative view on why the new beast empire resembles the leopard.

And the same applies to all the others in this thread, in what way does the beast of Rev 13 resemble a leopard? I personally feel its most likely to be through geographical borders that the new empire will resemble Alexander's empire.

Well I wasn't taking any specific issue with your claim that resemble a leopard means its going to have the borders of Alexander - even though that's an assertion I have no reason to prefer over anything else.

Even if it does reflect Alexandrian times, it could just as easily be comparing any other aspect (not necessarily borderlines) and doesn't even ahve to include Greece.

But the lack of a Eurozone or any solid reason why Greece needs to be out of it right now leads me to conclude the bible does not prophecy anything either way about Greece's standing with the Euro.
    “A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
    -R.A. Heinlein

DD, I really feel for you on this one. All of these no's, and not a single one of them attempted to show you why you are wrong and why they are right. Currently I don't have an opinion on this one way or the other. But I would have loved to have seen an argument against, at least, from those opposing you, so that I could maybe determine who is more likely correct, you or they.

The reason there is little explanation is that when you make a rather far out claim the burden of explanation is generally on that claim. The Bible does not mention the Eurozone. It does not say Greece is the leapord beast. Therefore, furtehr explanation is needed to show how that emerges from the text.
    -R.A. Heinlein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude
    No, but I do. Default on their debt and go fishing. (or emigrate to Australia)
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Thread Information