Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have a question about shampoo for color treated hair

Blog Entries

Re: I have a question about shampoo for color treated hair

I found the rose scented color me happy conditioning cleanser. I will try it tomorrow. Found it at walmart for 4.97. Considering it is shampoo and conditioner, in a bit larger bottle than the separately sold, it seems to be priced right.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Quote Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
    I think it works similarly to Sun In, except the heat from simply blow drying your hair is supposed to activate it. I'm definitely going to avoid both sprays! Thanks for the Sun In warning. I have thought about using a shampoo that adds color to my hair, though. I've seen a lot of them but haven't tried one yet. I'm a natural blonde but in the past couple of months it's darkened! Like my roots and eye brows are growing in a darker blonde and the rest of my hair is still goldilocks blonde. I live in SoCal so I'm out in the sun all the time year round, so it's not due to winter. I know your hair can change as you get older, but I'm 16. My mom's hair didn't go brown until she was in her 30s and pregnant with me.
    My cousin used this shampoo/conditioner from Aveda that added color or tint or something to her hair. It's one of the more expensive brands that you don't really see in Target or Walmart or places like that. I don't know if they still have it though. But I think there are shampoo's that do that in Walmart. I haven't tried them though. I use the nonpermanent stuff in the boxes. Can't remember what kind. i think it's clairol natural instincts or something. It's a cream and supposed to last 28 shampoos. I don't dye it that often though. I usually dye my hair every few months. Try to stretch it out. I am in my early thirties and have gray strands already. having hair turn gray in our twenties runs in my family. Luckily I didn't go all gray then. Just started out as a strand here and there which weren't that noticeable until a couple years ago when they were growing in more. And noticeable. not full gray but enough strands that a person would comment on them. then it was time to dye it. I wish I didn't have that gene passed to me. Getting tired of dying my hair, and can't afford to have it done at a salon. I know the permanent stuff can be damaging though they say it covers the grays better but I am going to stick with the non permanent stuff for as long as I can. But then, permanent hair color would stay in longer too and wouldn't have to color it as often...
    <a href=http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j70/Elsie_2006/hysterical.gif target=_blank>http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j...hysterical.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    I found the rose scented color me happy conditioning cleanser. I will try it tomorrow. Found it at walmart for 4.97. Considering it is shampoo and conditioner, in a bit larger bottle than the separately sold, it seems to be priced right.
    May have to stop there sometime and see if they have it at the walgreens here or walmart yet. Might be slowly putting them on the shelves since its a new product. I have been washing my hair every ohter day now, wonder if that would be ok to use on the off days as its conditioning. Maybe it still cleans the hair like shampoo though so there wouldn't be much of a difference.
    <a href=http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j70/Elsie_2006/hysterical.gif target=_blank>http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j...hysterical.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    I cant really describe it, I just don't like it. The scent was very strong smelling, all day.
    That doesn't mean every one will not though.
    Now the other one is rose scented, so if I find that I may actually strike gold!
    I was at target the other day and I took a sniff of the shampoo bottle with the scent of that cleansing conditioner you tried. It is strong. It almost smells like after shave with a hint of mint or something. I can imagine it getting sickening after awhile.

So I colored my hair again. Same brand, they changed the names of the colors so I picked one that i thought looked like or close to the color I used before in June. I wanted to color it before my vacation. It was supposed to be dark golden blonde. It is red. I don't look good in red. And now I'm stuck with it. I heard using regular shampoo and dawn dish soap helps fade it. So last night, I used regular shampoo (I had a travel sized bottle of it), washed my hair twice. put in some leave in conditioning cream. Washed my hair out twice with dawn dish soap this morning, used a deep conditioner on it for five minutes. then a leave in conditioning cream again. Bound determined to fade it. But not wreck my hair so lots of deep conditioner for awhile. I probably wont' use dish soap the whole time, not sure how long to go with it. It's nonpermanent. 28 washes. I got 4 washes down now, and 24 to go. hehe Not that it goes that fast as it says on the box. And now it won't since I don't like it. lol But does anyone have any tips? I'm going to walmart tomorrow after my dentist appointment to pick up some shampoo/conditioner that has moisturizers in it to help moisturize my hair. But I don't know if there are any methods to getting nonpermanent hair color out without going to a salon? I can't afford what they do and was looking for something cheaper. Nothing else, Ill just keep washing it with regular stuff and hope it fades fast. They say red fades fast right?

Quote Originally Posted by Godslittleangel View Post
    So I colored my hair again. Same brand, they changed the names of the colors so I picked one that i thought looked like or close to the color I used before in June. I wanted to color it before my vacation. It was supposed to be dark golden blonde. It is red. I don't look good in red. And now I'm stuck with it. I heard using regular shampoo and dawn dish soap helps fade it. So last night, I used regular shampoo (I had a travel sized bottle of it), washed my hair twice. put in some leave in conditioning cream. Washed my hair out twice with dawn dish soap this morning, used a deep conditioner on it for five minutes. then a leave in conditioning cream again. Bound determined to fade it. But not wreck my hair so lots of deep conditioner for awhile. I probably wont' use dish soap the whole time, not sure how long to go with it. It's nonpermanent. 28 washes. I got 4 washes down now, and 24 to go. hehe Not that it goes that fast as it says on the box. And now it won't since I don't like it. lol But does anyone have any tips? I'm going to walmart tomorrow after my dentist appointment to pick up some shampoo/conditioner that has moisturizers in it to help moisturize my hair. But I don't know if there are any methods to getting nonpermanent hair color out without going to a salon? I can't afford what they do and was looking for something cheaper. Nothing else, Ill just keep washing it with regular stuff and hope it fades fast. They say red fades fast right?

You could try a purple tone shampoo to neutralize the brassiness. That's what my friend did when her hair turned orangish after dying it "golden blonde." I think it was called Silver Plus or something along those lines. It's primarily marketed for making gray hair look more lively, but it also helps correct brassy blonde colors because of the purple tone. Look on MakeupAlley.com for brand suggestions. I've heard that you should never use a blonde color with golden in the name because the majority of the time it will make your hair reddish or orangish. Use one that says natural instead. If you're really unhappy with the color you could go to a salon to have it corrected. They are experienced with working with color corrections. Good luck!

Hey thanks! I went to work with it (haha, that was silly of me, I had to go to work with it or I'd have to shave) and a couple people who noticed i colored my hair said it looked brown with a reddish tint or more auburn like. Well, either the dish soap I used this morning worked and faded it a bit or maybe I was shocked and panicked or overreacted thinking it was redder than it really was. So I decided to just leave it and see what happens. They say the reddish tint will fade fast so maybe it will get back to the brownish color instead. It was supposed to be dark blonde but I can handle the dark brown too if that's what it will be. Ive been trying to keep it close to my natural color but I can try something different. But will do the silver plus if I decide to change it. But I will stay away from the golden colors from now on. Never knew that about the golden colors. Weird that they would do that. I think I grabbed the wrong color. they changed the names so I was trying to find one close tot he one I used before but now I know I should have grabbed the neutral. I think that was the one I've been using.

i have browsed on makeupalley.com a few times, but need a membership to view a lot of the stuff and I haven't gotten around to it. but it seems like a good site to go on to find out about different products. Especially if they cost a bit more and want to see if they are worth trying or not.

I've had good experiences with two purple toners - one by manic panic, I think it's called virgin snow, and one by guhl, to get rid of those kinds of tones (my hair is lighter than yours though). They're very similar products; this is what the guhl looks like over here, maybe you can get it in the UK, too - it's sold in run-of-the-mill drugstores over here, where the deep treatments are.They're more like a deep treatment than a conditioner, if that makes sense - the effects last longer, you don't have to reapply every time you wash. That means you can also just apply them to the areas where you want the toner to go. The coloring stuff in them is the same as what is used in the purple/blue shampoos and conditioners, but there's a bit more of it, the color is a little stronger, and it lasts longer.For me, I only had to use them a few times, then the color just stuck. That often happens with highlighted hair, if it's just been damaged enough but not too much, there's some room in the hair's structure for those kinds of color molecules to get stuck. I hope that makes sense.In any case, I'd use something like that, because you can just put it where you need it and don't need to worry about it affecting your overall color like you do with shampoo and conditioner. I don't think that blue/purple shampoo/conditioner like Joico https://womentake.com/best-purple-shampoo/ would do a lot to your overall color, it would probably show up at most in the sunshine as a subtle cast of some sort, but you know, just in case. When I used blue shampoos I did feel they made my whites look too gray over time (I try to pass off my whites as blond highlights - not sure that that works but I didn't like the gray cast the blue shampoo gave to them). But I don't know if you have grays.ETA: If you can't find those toners, you can also just mix some blue/purple deposit-only dye (manic panic, stargazer etc) with a lot of deep treatment - that does the same thing. Blue has a stronger effect than purple, so you need to use less of it/mix more deep treatment in or you end up with blue/green tones (which is way worse than a bit of brass - way, way worse). Maybe start with something like a 1:20 or 1:30 ratio? I've done it and it worked, but I don't remember the ratio I used. I do remember that you need to dilute the heck out of the pure rainbow deposit-only colors to use them this way, they have a lot of pigment.

Thread Information