Thread: Just a idea for a new forum section

Just a idea for a new forum section

Hi
    I have a suggestion . I am not sure if anyone would be interested ,but I think it might be of some interest for some here . How about having section for church history ? It might be a area of debate but I believe many can learn from each other . I have recently found the whole subject to be informative . Discussing our history an where we came from an how the different confessions and demonizations came about can only IMHO help us grow.
    thank you in advance for reading this .
    Blessings
    Your brother in Christ
    Bill
    Last edited by Laish; May 20th 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Blog Entries

Re: Just a idea for a new forum section

It might be interested. Not only would Manny learn from it, but many others might too.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    It might be interested. Not only would Manny learn from it, but many others might too.
    I agree. I believe I would learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Boy oh boy if I could spell I would be dangerous LOL
    Blessings
    Your brother in Christ
    Bill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laish View Post
    Blessings
    Your brother in Christ
    Bill
    I can't speak correctly. I typed "interested" instead "interesting" in my post.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Yes I agree.

Find out the where, when, times. We might find out why Rome fell. Didn't the church save the only Romans?
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Blog Entries

It is an interesting idea. Church history comes up in so many of our discussions, and I am often very surprised at the depth and breadth of knowledge present here.

Having a dedicated forum sounds like a good idea, I wonder how it would be differentiated from the other forums... For instance, Darby's pre-trib doctrine from End Times and Calvin's doctrine and... The thread about Protestant salvation might all have significant historical context... But each are in their current forums for their content.
    Likewise, Church history is largely made up of movements and the doctrine and practices of those involved.

I wonder what might keep a thread on the Anabaptists (for example) focused on the history, rather then the issues surrounding infant baptism vs adult?

It seems to me that the threads would be a discussion that would necessarily mix the historical content with the issues and doctrine... Not sure how this forum might work?

Thoughts?
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
    It is an interesting idea. Church history comes up in so many of our discussions, and I am often very surprised at the depth and breadth of knowledge present here.

Having a dedicated forum sounds like a good idea, I wonder how it would be differentiated from the other forums... For instance, Darby's pre-trib doctrine from End Times and Calvin's doctrine and... The thread about Protestant salvation might all have significant historical context... But each are in their current forums for their content.
    Likewise, Church history is largely made up of movements and the doctrine and practices of those involved.

I wonder what might keep a thread on the Anabaptists (for example) focused on the history, rather then the issues surrounding infant baptism vs adult?

It seems to me that the threads would be a discussion that would necessarily mix the historical content with the issues and doctrine... Not sure how this forum might work?

Thoughts?
    Hi Amos_with_goats
    To address your example question I would suggest as long as the subject of infant vs adult baptism is handled in its historical setting . Like who initially apposed and why . How did this debate progress and how did it shape the Church thru history . I see no problem .
    Just a thought .
    Blessings
    Your brother in Christ
    Bill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laish View Post
    Blessings
    Your brother in Christ
    Bill
    HAHAHA!! "The many demonizations!" HAHAHA!
    If that wasn't the part you edited, what WAS the part you edited because of "fat fingers?!
    LOL!

Under the Milky Way where the wild mustangs play

I would love to see a forum on church history (and more). I thought of that and thought 'nah, it'll never happen'. Maybe I am wrong.

Berean11

Blog Entries

I would totally be interested.

Thread Information