3.What are the terms of the covenant?
    4.What is the token of the covenant?

Re: The New Covenant

Quote Originally Posted by Kahtar View Post
    I am gathering information. I am interested to know the following:
    1.Are you a part of the New Covenant?

Yes

2.What do YOU say is the New Covenant?

A life for a life! So we receive a new life! We die in Christ to be raised together in Him. So we are raised in newness of life!

Obedience by grace through faith!

The Holy Spirit who enables us to obey the will of God!

[QUOTE=Kahtar;3001874]I am gathering information. I am interested to know the following:

Yes.

The Blood Covenant of Christ Jesus. Of Grace, not of the written law of Moses, but the law of the Spirit.

Believing in Jesus Christ, as the son of God, the messiah sent by God, who died on the cross to pay for our sins.
    Confession and Repentance of our Sin.
    Baptism into Christ Jesus.
    Living life lead by the Holy Spirit.

???

Smile Re: The New Covenant

Simply put, Christians don't live under the law of the old testament we live under the blood of Christ; believing that he died to atone for our sins. That maybe over simplified but, why complicate things. I've seen some of the comments on this website and, I seem to have a more straight forward understand of things. Which is odd because I'm usually noted for being long winded.God bless you all love Nikkp.

Maybe the token is the blood? IDK

The Old Covenant, or Covenant of Sinai, or Covenant of Law, was a Covenant exclusively with Israel. The New Covenant, again of Law, is exclusively with Israel. The scripture is so clear as to preclude any other thought. Jeremiah Chapter 31 and Hebrews Chapter 8 both confirm that it is made with Israel and Judah, the Israel divided by two dispersions of over a hundred years apart.

Jeremiah 31:31-33
    "31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Hebrews 8:7-10
    "7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

See how clear the scripture is about who the parties of this Covenant were. There was God, and those who He led out of Egypt. The New Covenant is the with children of the same "fathers", Judah and Israel, the divided Israel, and God, are the parties of the New Covenant.

The Church is only under two Covenants;
    1. The Covenant of the Rainbow which was made with all men and which the Apostles, trained by our Lord Jesus, re-iterated for the Church (Gen.9:3-4; Act.15:20, 29, 21:25)
    2. The Covenant of Promise to Abraham (Gal.3:29), made 430 years before the Covenant of Sinai (Gen.17:9-10; Gal.3:14-18)

Well, the terms of the New Covenant are pretty rigid. It requires that we love our enemies and pray for those that harm us. Next, it requires self-denial and complete submission to God. Lastly, it requires the complete destruction of self-centeredness. Pretty tall order but the prize is worth it.
    I know what I know
    I know what I don't know
    I don't know what I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    Yes Why?
    A life for a life! So we receive a new life! We die in Christ to be raised together in Him. So we are raised in newness of life!Do you have scripture that supports this understanding?
    Obedience by grace through faith!Scriptures?
    The Holy Spirit who enables us to obey the will of God!Scriptures?
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. Please feel free to elaborate on some of these, or show the reason for your belief, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Yes.
    The Blood Covenant of Christ Jesus. Of Grace, not of the written law of Moses, but the law of the Spirit.What do you mean, 'Blood Covenant'? Do you have scripture to support your answer?
    Believing in Jesus Christ, as the son of God, the messiah sent by God, who died on the cross to pay for our sins.
    Confession and Repentance of our Sin.
    Baptism into Christ Jesus.
    Living life lead by the Holy Spirit.
    Scriptures?
    ??? A good, honest answer. I like that.
    Thank you for taking the time to consider and answer.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Please feel free to elaborate on some of these, or show the reason for your belief, if you like.
    Yes Why?
    Because I can walk the way Jesus walked.

A life for a life! So we receive a new life! We die in Christ to be raised together in Him. So we are raised in newness of life!Do you have scripture that supports this understanding?
    2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Obedience by grace through faith!Scriptures?
    Rom_16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The Holy Spirit who enables us to obey the will of God!Scriptures?
    2Co_1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkip View Post
    Simply put, Christians don't live under the law of the old testament we live under the blood of Christ; believing that he died to atone for our sins. That maybe over simplified but, why complicate things. I've seen some of the comments on this website and, I seem to have a more straight forward understand of things. Which is odd because I'm usually noted for being long winded.God bless you all love Nikkp.
    Thank you for your simple and straightforward answer. Feel free to elaborate if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    The Old Covenant, or Covenant of Sinai, or Covenant of Law, was a Covenant exclusively with Israel. The New Covenant, again of Law, is exclusively with Israel. The scripture is so clear as to preclude any other thought. Jeremiah Chapter 31 and Hebrews Chapter 8 both confirm that it is made with Israel and Judah, the Israel divided by two dispersions of over a hundred years apart. Consider Ex.12:49; Lev.24:22; Num.15:16,29; Deu.31:12

Jeremiah 31:31-33
    "31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Hebrews 8:7-10
    "7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people"

See how clear the scripture is about who the parties of this Covenant were. There was God, and those who He led out of Egypt. The New Covenant is the with children of the same "fathers", Judah and Israel, the divided Israel, and God, are the parties of the New Covenant. Yes, Israel and Judah. Then you are not part of the New Covenant?

The Church is only under two Covenants;
    1. The Covenant of the Rainbow which was made with all men and which the Apostles, trained by our Lord Jesus, re-iterated for the Church (Gen.9:3-4; Act.15:20, 29, 21:25)
    2. The Covenant of Promise to Abraham (Gal.3:29), made 430 years before the Covenant of Sinai (Gen.17:9-10; Gal.3:14-18) Consider Psalm 105:8-10; Eph.2:11-22
    Thank you for your response. You clearly have taken time to study a bit. I provided some other scriptures for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, the terms of the New Covenant are pretty rigid. It requires that we love our enemies and pray for those that harm us. Next, it requires self-denial and complete submission to God. Lastly, it requires the complete destruction of self-centeredness. Pretty tall order but the prize is worth it.
    I take it then that you believe you are part of the New Covenant? Care to elaborate?

Because I can walk the way Jesus walked.

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rom_16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

2Co_1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
    Thank you. fifteen character quota

Thank you for your response. You clearly have taken time to study a bit. I provided some other scriptures for your consideration.

Consider Ex.12:49; Lev.24:22; Num.15:16,29; Deu.31:12
    These Laws regulated the rights and restrictions of a stranger living in Israel. That is, if a stranger (e.g. Ruth) came into the borders of Israel, he/she would have to conform to the Law of the Land (like any one of us when we change countries). And you will also notice that it was these very Laws, made at Sinai, that are "nailed to the cross of Christ", and "waxed old ready to pass away" (Col.2:14; Heb.8:13). They have no bearing for the Christian (Act.15:19, 28).

Yes, Israel and Judah. Then you are not part of the New Covenant?
    Absolutely not. Even if I was a Jew, it counts for nothing in the Church (Gal.3:28; Col.3:11). Added to this, the New Covenant is only instituted when Christ returns, so how could anybody be party to it now? It is a Covenant "in that day" when Israel and Judah are united again, and when God builds the nation again (Jeremiah 31:28). This He has not done yet. The context of "that day" in verse 31 is verse 28.

"And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD."

Psalm 105:8-10; Eph.2:11-22
    These two scriptures concern the Covenant of promise to Abraham, which, you may have noticed, I addressed in my first posting. This covenant was not annulled like the one from Sinai, it is not a covenant of Law, and it is never replaced by a new one as the verses I gave, said. But here it is in full.

Galatians 3:16-17; "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."

Thread Information