Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resurrected Bodies

Resurrected Bodies

This topic keeps coming up in other thread... what will our resurrected bodies be like. Personally, I see it clear that our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, but others may have different views.

I base my view on several scriptures, but these two together set it forth the best:

Luke 24:39 (Post Resurrection)
    Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.

Philippians 3:20-21
    20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body

Do others see it differently?
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Blog Entries

Re: Resurrected Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    This topic keeps coming up in other thread... what will our resurrected bodies be like. Personally, I see it clear that our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, but others may have different views.

I base my view on several scriptures, but these two together set it forth the best:

Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.

20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it was not yet revealed what we shall be. But we know that if He is revealed, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

Whatever he was like when he resurrected is what we will be like when he returns. He ate yet seemingly walked through a wall... I can't really grasp that, so be it, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
    1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it was not yet revealed what we shall be. But we know that if He is revealed, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

Whatever he was like when he resurrected is what we will be like when he returns. He ate yet seemingly walked through a wall... I can't really grasp that, so be it, it is what it is.
    I love that verse in 1 John 3:2. I do think that it could be interpreted as not referring to the body specifically. (I, personally, think it does refer to the body.) But the Philippians 3 passage is explicit in it's reference to the resurrected body.

I'm kind of looking forward to walking through walls lol.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Blog Entries

I don't believe it will be very different from the bodies we have today. My philosophy is that God will restore us to our intended functionality that was seen in Eden. The difference is we will be immortal.

And I don't believe Jesus walking through walls is indicative of a "new ability."

Jesus walked on water prior to His resurrection, but this certainly is not something our current bodies were created to do.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

I'm sure there are several different thoughts on what we will become.

First we think that all of our old things that try to enter back into our lives, will be gone. Total peace.

The Bible talks about being married to Christ. My wife says there is cooking term when foods combine. "Married" together.
    That might make sense as we are trained to be part of the body. God the head. So if we are "married" together as "one" body in Christ. Just a thought.

Second, if all the flesh is corrupt, I can't see any that returning. So in our "soul" sleep, we will rise as soul. Our soul holding together in the pattern it knows, a human life form.

Third for Trekkies, we might be like Q.

Whatever it is, I'm excited to get there. Perfect peace of enormous joy.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Blog Entries

Adam existed in light, he was "plugged into the source of all things." When he sinned the light went out, he was unplugged so to speak, and he saw that he was naked and became ashamed. The main underlying story throughout the entire bible is God bringing us back to where we were, it is a story of restoration through love. The second Adam reversed the curse ushered into this world by the first Adam, and even though many aspects of that reversal have not been applied yet (we still toil, sweat, decay, die, etc.) we are going to ultimately be restored. The question might be better asked, "Will we be more like Adam before he sinned, or like Jesus after he resurrected, or are they one and the same in appearance?" Blessings!

Adam existed in light, he was "plugged into the source of all things." When he sinned the light went out, he was unplugged so to speak, and he saw that he was naked and became ashamed. The main underlying story throughout the entire bible is God bringing us back to where we were, it is a story of restoration through love. The second Adam reversed the curse ushered into this world by the first Adam, and even though many aspects of that reversal have not been applied yet (we still toil, sweat, decay, die, etc.) we are going to ultimately be restored. The question might be better asked, "Will we be more like Adam before he sinned, or like Jesus after he resurrected, or are they one and the same in appearance?" Blessings!
    Second Adam per the words of the apostle Paul. But I don't think there's much difference between the two.

Blog Entries

Second Adam per the words of the apostle Paul. But I don't think there's much difference between the two.
    Much difference between the two "bodies?" I would tend to agree... I think Yeshua's resurrected body was much like the pre-fallen first Adam's body.

Much difference between the two "bodies?" I would tend to agree... I think Yeshua's resurrected body was much like the pre-fallen first Adam's body.
    Yeah. That's what I meant.

Jesus did say we would be like the angels. And in the OT angels appeared to be like men. So I would say flesh and bone as well, but without the blood. I don't think anyone is going to have blood flowing thru their veins or anything. More than likely no one is even going to have veins, maybe that's why.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Jesus did say we would be like the angels.
    I think He was using angels as an example for eternal beings rather than comparing their anatomy with ours .
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Jesus did say we would be like the angels. And in the OT angels appeared to be like men. So I would say flesh and bone as well, but without the blood. I don't think anyone is going to have blood flowing thru their veins or anything. More than likely no one is even going to have veins, maybe that's why.
    I've got some nice bicep veins... I hate to give them up

Was Adam created a little lower than the angels?

What does that mean?

The man born again in the image of the resurrected Jesus the son of Mary and the Son of God will be a greater man than the man born in the image of the man made a little lower than the angels.

I believe the first man Adam was created as a living soul that would need to be born again in the image of the lamb without blemish and without spot that would die and then inherit the promise of God.

I've got some nice bicep veins... I hate to give them up
    I think you meant vain!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    I think you meant vain!
    Haters are gonna hate.....

Thread Information