Thread: My Daily Bible Study - Romans

My Daily Bible Study - Romans

Romans 1

What Did I Learned of God? - He trains His people in diverse ways, and Calls folk to declare His works in the position and circumstances He has chosen.

What Did I learn of myself? - My desire is to 'impart some spiritual gift' and that I may be 'so on fire for God's Truth' that folk will assemble to watch me burn - and so meet Almighty God their Saviour and have a personal relationship with Him. I desire to 'impart some spiritual gift' to others - especially friends who don't believe the Truth of Creation. That I may be so on fire for God's Truth' that folk will assemble to watch me burn (even to be made a fool of) - and so meet Almighty God their Saviour.

What Did I Praise God for? - His Creation - every minute detail of it . . . that He used Paul so mightily. . .

What Did I Pray for? - (personal)

Quotes:-(Oswald Chambers) “so long as there is a human being who does not know Jesus Christ, I am his debtor serve him until he does.”

(Sir Isaac Newton) “this most beautiful system of some, planets, and comets could only proceed from the council and Dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”

Re: My Daily Bible Study - Romans

ROMANS 2

What Did I Learned of God - Those who don't accept the Truth (including choosing to believe Genesis 1:1 is history) will experience His 'indignation and wrath' for there is no partiality with God. His Judgment is according to Truth.

What Did I learn of myself? - If I break God's Law I dishonour Him and I am not loving Him with all my heart, soul mind and strength or my neighbour as myself. I seek the praise of God not men (unfortunately the praise / encouragement of men is sweet!) I am only justified as I do God's Will, not because I agree with what I read.

What Did I Praise God for? - All those to whom verse 5 applies.

What Did I Pray for?

Quote:-(Dr J Gresham Machen) “a new and more powerful proclamation of (the) Law is perhaps the most pressing need of the hour; men would have little difficulty with the Gospel if they had only learned the lesson of the Law.”

Romans 3

What Did I Learned of God – He is always faithful to His Word. He is Just. He committed His Word to the Jews (Old Testament Scriptures). He is the only God. He offers Righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ. He is the God of Gentiles as well as Jews.

What Did I learn of myself? - 'All have sinned' includes me. My thoughts and behavior fall short of God’s standard. I am justified by faith, not works, yet must obey the Law.

What Did I Praise God for? - His offer of Forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ.

What Did I Pray for? - His wisdom to do His Will, His Way for His Glory . . . .

Quote:- (Martin Luther)” the first duty of the Gospel preacher is to declare God’s Law and show the nature of Sin.”

Quote:-(John MacArthur) “every country deemed human being is under the law of God and accountable to God . . . Has no defence whatsoever and is guilty of all charges . . . The all Wise God has in the family demonstrated the impossibility of any grounds of acquittal.”

Romans 4

What Did I Learned of God - His Grace comes through faith in Him. His Promises are sure to be fulfilled at the right time.

What Did I learn of myself? - Like Abraham, I believe God is Who He is and does what He says - so my Sins are Forgiven. . . Abraham was 'strengthened in faith' so am I 'being fully convinced that what God promised He is able to perform.' . . . I am truly Blessed as I receive God’s Grace through faith in His Word and the manifestation of His Promises.

What Did I Praise God for? - Always being true to Himself - enabling me to proclaim His Truth - in His Time, in his Way for His Glory.

What Did I Pray for? - Thanksgiving for always providing the 'ammunition' I need at the right time. . . and not letting me be deceived.

Romans 5

What Did I Learned of God - He offers Justification in exchange for true faith. He demonstrated His Love for us, in that whilst we were sinners Christ died for us, offering Salvation and His Life - His Grace covers our sin.

What Did I learn of myself? - I have Peace with God through Jesus Christ. I glory in tribulation(?) knowing that it produces perseverance, character and hope as I rely on Jesus Christ (true) Hallelujah!! and 'hope does not disappoint' as I 'rejoice in God'. . . .

What Did I Praise God for? - His Faithfulness to me (even when I am unfaithful to Him).

What Did I Pray for? – My Lord’s Strength and enthusiasm to follow Him wherever He leads
    that I never get 'carried away' and overstep the boundaries He has placed for me. . . that I will be enabled to, irrefutably, demonstrate the truth of God's Creation to many . . and that those who don't know Him will turn to Him in humility. . . (TYL!)

Quote:-(John MacArthur) “it is impossible for man to realise his need for God’s Grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God’s Law. It is impossible for him to realise his need for Mercy until he realises the magnitude of his guilt.”

Romans 5

What Did I Learned of God - He offers Justification in exchange for true faith. He demonstrated His Love for us, in that whilst we were sinners Christ died for us, offering Salvation and His Life - His Grace covers our sin.

What Did I learn of myself? - I have Peace with God through Jesus Christ. I glory in tribulation(?) knowing that it produces perseverance, character and hope as I rely on Jesus Christ (true) Hallelujah!! and 'hope does not disappoint' as I 'rejoice in God'. . . .

What Did I Praise God for? - His Faithfulness to me (even when I am unfaithful to Him).

What Did I Pray for? – My Lord’s Strength and enthusiasm to follow Him wherever He leads
    that I never get 'carried away' and overstep the boundaries He has placed for me. . . that I will be enabled to, irrefutably, demonstrate the truth of God's Creation to many . . and that those who don't know Him will turn to Him in humility. . . (TYL!)

Quote:-(John MacArthur) “it is impossible for man to realise his need for God’s Grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God’s Law. It is impossible for him to realise his need for Mercy until he realises the magnitude of his guilt.”

I know that this is a 2006 post ,but I am going to join in :-)...Thank you for sharing

Thread Information