Thread: Stupid Toyota advertisment slowing down my computer!

Blog Entries

Stupid Toyota advertisment slowing down my computer!

Any time I see the Toyota advertisement at the top of the screen I have to scroll the page down until it is up beyond the viewing limit (off the screen) to be safe from the lag. It REALLY slows my computer down for some reason, and there is no way my computer should slow down that much because of a web-page advertisement. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm fairly certain my browser and plugins are up to date, but I'll check again.

Either way, I'm really starting to hate Toyota. Stupid ads. Anyone else having this problem?
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Re: Stupid Toyota advertisment slowing down my computer!

It's interesting. I've never seen that ad so I can't comment. I see ads for retirement packages, home insurance, medical insurance for retired people etc. .... I guess somehow Google figures out our age too
    Time's up

Blog Entries

I keep getting Nissan adverts..... I suppose because I have been reading everything I can find on the new Nissan Leaf
    And Edgars' new Summer range of clothes...
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I was watching tutorial vids on Youtube about use of a speedlite with outdoor and indoor portrait photography. Since then a majority of the adds for me have been about... speedlites.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

8' x 10' enclosed cargo trailers here.

Blog Entries

I am getting ads for Christian books and one for high speed internet. I ordered a one volume Hebrew/Greek Interlinear bible online recently so I guess it may have left a cookie. Not sure about the high speed internet ad. I think these ads just read your cookies and present whatever that think might interest you. Something to think about if you see girly ads
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    I am getting ads for Christian books and one for high speed internet. I ordered a one volume Hebrew/Greek Interlinear bible online recently so I guess it may have left a cookie. Not sure about the high speed internet ad. I think these ads just read your cookies and present whatever that think might interest you. Something to think about if you see girly ads
    Funny you should mention that. I think I now know why I am seeing adds for bras and such. My wife and her girlfriend use my laptop at church for presenting skits to the youth group, and they have it available to them for sometime before the kids show up. I was wondering how my laptop got tagged to see these ads. It sure isn't because I am searching for them.
    Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
    George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

I keep getting this ad for a t-shirt that says ROAD KILL, I have no idea where that comes from ... lol.
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    Any time I see the Toyota advertisement at the top of the screen I have to scroll the page down until it is up beyond the viewing limit (off the screen) to be safe from the lag. It REALLY slows my computer down for some reason, and there is no way my computer should slow down that much because of a web-page advertisement. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm fairly certain my browser and plugins are up to date, but I'll check again.

Either way, I'm really starting to hate Toyota. Stupid ads. Anyone else having this problem?
    Do a search for something slow and boring...see if that helps...
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

When I log on with IE I see adds for online ministry degrees.

Do you think that means I've got some learning to do?
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    When I log on with IE I see adds for online ministry degrees.

Do you think that means I've got some learning to do?
    lol................
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries

Okay, now this is distressing, because the ads that I keep getting are called Christian mingle, and I am the ONLY one who uses my computer and I have NEVER gone on ANY dating website, christian or otherwise!! Do you think that in addition to your age, they also know your marital status....???
    Slows my computer way down too.

What i do at least once per week is to clear my cookies. Then I switch off the router and make sure I have a different IP address. That confuses the heck out of Google!
    Time's up

Thread Information