Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The United States in the Bible?

The United States in the Bible?

Greetings in the name of Jesus all. I hope this builds up your faith in the soon coming of the Lord. Did you know that the United States was foretold by Almighty God even before there was a United States? It's time to dust off your bibles because this is so awesome it will drop your jaw!

http://godfreydaily.com/2013/11/05/t...-godfreydaily/

Re: The United States in the Bible?

I hope there is not another 1000 years before Christ returns. I want to be alive when he raptures His Church!

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but I don't find this convincing at all. It seems to hinge on what nations choose as their animal and not the symbolic significance of that animal. I believe the strongest case for the 1st beast in Daniel is Babylon represented as magnificent, glorious and domineering as a lion, followed by the swiftly conquering split empire of Greece as a leopard, Medo-Persia as a powerful bear tilted to one side as Persia was over its counterpart, and finally Rome as the most ferocious.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't find this convincing at all. It seems to hinge on what nations choose as their animal and not the symbolic significance of that animal. I believe the strongest case for the 1st beast (lion) in Daniel is Babylon, followed by Greece, Medo-Persia, and finally Rome.
    christian and jewish scholars and historians have resoundingly agreed with you on this.

the usa has no specific biblical prophecy, other than being one of the many places of the uttermost parts of the world, the NT gospel would be taken to.

I guess that we are all at different levels of learning, the USA in the Bible would make no sense. The interpretation needed for this is from a readers imagination, and would make the these passages irrelevant to generations before there was a USA

Hello Aviyah, I think I can help you out here. I understand that a lot of people believe the lion is Babylon, the bear is media Persia, and the leopard is Greece, and the ten horned kingdom is Rome. However I would like for you to think outside the box for a few minutes then you'll see that teaching misses the mark. When you read on the bible tells us in Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
    Dan 8:21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia
    Everyone is saying that the Bear is media Persia and the Leopard is Greece, but the bible says otherwise. Has God changed his mind or are people missing something here? So we don't have to guess the bible clearly tells us that the ram is media Persia, and the he goat is Greece. Also don't forget that all these nations must be on earth at the time of his second coming. The kingdom of Babylon does not exist any longer, the kingdom of media Persia does not exist any longer. So the prophecy of Dan 7 says all these nation will be on earth at the time of the second coming. God picked symbols that would have meaning at the time of the prophetic fulfillment. Go to Websters third international dictionary and look up the word lion, its says the symbol of a country Great Britain. I hope that helps you.

Everyone is saying that the Bear is media Persia and the Leopard is Greece, but the bible says otherwise.
    No, it does not. The bible never actually identifies the bear or leopard by any specific names. However, the details Daniel assigns to both the bear and the leopard perfectly corresponds to the ram and the goat, respectively.

Why does the United States even need to appear in the bible? Meaning, why does anyone presuppose it is supposed to be there?

Finding it in the bible is always a subjective endeavour, and almost always comes from people who live in the United States (or 'the West' in general) to begin with. They come to their conclusion first, and force that conclusion into the bible.

Greetings in the name of Jesus all. I hope this builds up your faith in the soon coming of the Lord. Did you know that the United States was foretold by Almighty God even before there was a United States? It's time to dust off your bibles because this is so awesome it will drop your jaw!
    I've read about this idea before several years ago but I don't think it's plausible. I think the sea that Daniel sees the beast rise out of is the Med, and all four of the beast that rise out of it surround it. All four of these beast are in the presence of one another. They are all on earth at the same time. All four beast want dominance of the region. England doesn't seem to have any prophetic significance in scripture anyway. I've considered England but doubt it. My best guess is that the lion represents present day Iraq. Babylon is represented by a lion. The wings being plucked may mean the U.S. leaves the country. The U.S. is trying to give it the heart of a man. Only a guess.

I'm sorry, but I don't find this convincing at all. It seems to hinge on what nations choose as their animal and not the symbolic significance of that animal. I believe the strongest case for the 1st beast in Daniel is Babylon represented as magnificent, glorious and domineering as a lion, followed by the swiftly conquering split empire of Greece as a leopard, Medo-Persia as a powerful bear tilted to one side as Persia was over its counterpart, and finally Rome as the most ferocious.
    christian and jewish scholars and historians have resoundingly agreed with you on this.
    the usa has no specific biblical prophecy, other than being one of the many places of the uttermost parts of the world, the NT gospel would be taken to.
    Daniel 7 isn't a repeat of Daniel 2.

The lion can't be Babylon. The date of the vision occurred in the first year of Belshazzar who was the last king of Babylon. The Babylonian Empire had already risen decades before and was on it's way out when Daniel 7 was written. Why would Daniel prophesy about a kingdom that was already in existence for decades and soon to end? Atheist Kyle Williams has actually caught onto this prophetic blunder and used it to debunk the bible by calling Daniel a false prophet which he would certainly be for prophesying about something already in existence.

The word 'before' proves these four beast are all end-time beast.

Guess who the bear is in this Daniel 7 prophecy?

So here God is with the symbols he put in the bible in 550 BC on the front of the economist magazine and they don't have a clue but I do. God was telling Daniel in the days of Great Britain, in the days Untied States, and in the days of Russia, I am going to establish my Kingdom which shall never be destroyed and never pass away. Awesome! We are in the time of the end no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by godfrey View Post

http://godfreydaily.com/2013/11/05/t...-godfreydaily/
    Although I am sympathetic to this line of reasoning and biblical interpretation; (I do think the author has missed the mark on the identity of the lion though) I can't help but notice your user name is the same as the name of the author of the article. Were you the one who wrote it? If so quoting yourself does not prove or give any weighted evidence for you interpretation. It's like saying "It's true because I said so."
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Hi old man. There is a major nation on earth today who's recognized animal symbol is the eagle. Look on the back of any one dollar bill and there you will see the eagle. Now the eagles wings were growing out of the back of the lion. Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked... Daniel seen the United States coming out of its mother country Great Britain the Lion.

Also you probably never been to Trafalgar square in London Great Britain or you would know that there they have statues of lions for a good reason. http://www.zhiqiangma.com/blog/files...3710339412.jpg It is there national animal symbol. Do you see it now?

Quote Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
    Hi old man. There is a major nation on earth today who's recognized animal symbol is the eagle. Look on the back of any one dollar bill and there you will see the eagle. Now the eagles wings were growing out of the back of the lion. Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked... Daniel seen the United States coming out of its mother country Great Britain the Lion. Its the union jack flag. Also you probably never been to Trafalgar square in London Great Britain or you would know that there they have statues of lions for a good reason. http://www.zhiqiangma.com/blog/files...3710339412.jpg It is there national animal symbol. Do you see it now?
    First .... the symbols represent more of the characteristics of the nations not their national symbols.

Second .... I would like you to answer my previous question. Were you the one who wrote the article?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

I am the editor and chief of GodfreyDaily. Is there anything I can do to help you old man?

Are you guys just kidding around, or is this actual Bible interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by Banislam View Post
    Daniel 7 isn't a repeat of Daniel 2.
    The lion can't be Babylon. The date of the vision occurred in the first year of Belshazzar who was the last king of Babylon. The Babylonian Empire had already risen decades before and was on it's way out when Daniel 7 was written. Why would Daniel prophesy about a kingdom that was already in existence for decades and soon to end?
    I agree with you here.
    What I have worked out is that the first beast is Medeo Persia - A winged lion was the symbol of Cyrus who was the next kingdom to come, and he was called the Lord's anointed and had the heart of a man in how he dealt with the exiles and responded to God's word in the prophecies of Isaiah.
    He then speaks of a second beast, which I don't see is necessarily chronologically second. In fact its actions etc are like the Roman Empire.
    The third beast is connected with the Grecian empire, for it moved fast and this beast also has four heads which signifies the way the Grecian empire was split 4 ways.
    This leads to the final beast. But before we look at the final beast we need to understand the connections between these beasts already mentioned.
    The lion is conquered completely by the leopard. So the first continues within the third. Later the third shrinks, but that third one is completely conquered by the second.
    Now onto the fourth beast - it is a composite of the other three.
    It was different to the others. One thing you notice about the others is that they are ALL ethnic empires. Medeo-Persian, Greco and Roman. the last will be mixed. It also is different to the others as it is tied into the end times.
    The rest you notice in verse 12 have been stripped of their authority. They are not as they were. Well Medeo-Persia exists within Iraq and Iran. Greece exists and Italy exists. These are the descendant lands, but without the power or authority of those previous empires.
    To understand the final beast we need to look at Revelation. There is a connection with Dan 2, but as you stated above, they aren't repeat accounts, but some parts do have connections. It is a vision of 50 years later.

Thread Information