Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stop Iran Now

Re: Stop Iran Now

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Plenty of Christians do. Just not you.

It's easy to be civilized when dealing with civilized people. Being civilized in the rough and tumble parts of the world is more difficult. And yet, there are Christians here on this very forum whom I admire for having done just that. They served in the military and made this world a better place, and didn't lose their Godliness in doing so. If anything they seem to have more faith and more love.

And the people who become victims because of your indifference, what of them?

As I've said, Jews don't worship human beings. Don't worry about it.
    Your reply is noted.

This is an interesting map. The problem is that these areas have been conquered so many times and the peoples dispersed so often that we don't know who is who.
    I think the larger point is that southern "Russia", or the Caucuses, and Turkey are Islamic. All the bands with them in Ezekiel are Islamic. Russia has no designs on wiping out Israel, but Islam does. I'm sure we could come up with ten toes in the Middle East that would volunteer. But ten European or Western countries? I doubt it.

I'll take a shot at it and see how it comes out in the end. I realize Walls will probably take issue with my choosing the words "take a shot at it".

Libya
    Iraq
    Syria
    Turkey
    Iran
    Afghanistan
    Pakistan
    Somalia
    Georgia
    Kuwait

Walls,
    There is a huge difference between Iran and Israel. Israel has held back from hurting anyone to the point that their borders are getting dangerously small. When it comes to survival they are going to be forced into doing something. It doesn't mean they have to drop a great big bomb on Baghdad. But a well placed bunker buster, that will only take out their nukes. I sort of like the idea of messing up their electronics. All that does is keep engineers awake scratching their heads until the wee hours of the morning.

Iran, on the other hand, will choose the most populated area and bomb away, and they won't care how many "virgins" they take out in the process, because they'll meet up with them in heaven.
    Pretty crazy stuff. Death to America. Allahoo Ahkbar.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymuldare View Post
    I think the larger point is that southern "Russia", or the Caucuses, and Turkey are Islamic. All the bands with them in Ezekiel are Islamic. Russia has no designs on wiping out Israel, but Islam does. I'm sure we could come up with ten toes in the Middle East that would volunteer. But ten European or Western countries? I doubt it.

I'll take a shot at it and see how it comes out in the end. I realize Walls will probably take issue with my choosing the words "take a shot at it".

Libya
    Iraq
    Syria
    Turkey
    Iran
    Afghanistan
    Pakistan
    Somalia
    Georgia
    Kuwait
    First of all, you gotta know who Israel is and who Judah is and who Assyria is today. Secondly, Iguess we will have to wait and see where this ten king (it says kings not nations) alliance really does form.
    I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Walls,
    There is a huge difference between Iran and Israel. Israel has held back from hurting anyone to the point that their borders are getting dangerously small. When it comes to survival they are going to be forced into doing something. It doesn't mean they have to drop a great big bomb on Baghdad. But a well placed bunker buster, that will only take out their nukes. I sort of like the idea of messing up their electronics. All that does is keep engineers awake scratching their heads until the wee hours of the morning.

Iran, on the other hand, will choose the most populated area and bomb away, and they won't care how many "virgins" they take out in the process, because they'll meet up with them in heaven.
    Pretty crazy stuff. Death to America. Allahoo Ahkbar.
    I enjoyed that And you are most probably correct. But this discussion got so energetic because I said that Islam poses no more threat than any other occult based theocracy. We are on a Forum called "Bible talk" and despite passionate defenses of Israel and vitriolic condemnation of Islam, you have yet to post a verse in your favor. Israel's plight (at the chance of sounding like a stuck record) is not Iran, or the Philistines, or Russia. It is that they disregarded their Covenant with the God of this universe. While they, under Joshua and David, were forced to fulfill the Law, no enemy stood a chance. Israel's plight today is not the nuclear strength of Iran, or the foibles of the United Nations, but their rejection of both Moses and One Moses told them to "hear" (Deut.18:15), and Whom, when the three chosen disciples, who went up the mount of glory, wanted to build a Tabernacle for Moses, were told in fearsome terms ONLY to HEAR HIM (Matt.17:15).

Let Israel tremble at Iran's capability - but not so that the Christians should "STOP IRAN" as the thread suggests. Let them tremble because Iran threatens them BECAUSE they broke Covenant with Jehovah - the One Who saw to it that ALL their enemies succumbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    I enjoyed that And you are most probably correct. But this discussion got so energetic because I said that Islam poses no more threat than any other occult based theocracy.
    Wow I must have imagined 9/11. I even thought I was there. What a vivid dream.
    We are on a Forum called "Bible talk" and despite passionate defenses of Israel and vitriolic condemnation of Islam, you have yet to post a verse in your favor.
    A verse in favor of what?

Israel's plight (at the chance of sounding like a stuck record) is not Iran, or the Philistines, or Russia.
    You know what? Let's even agree on this point. If God wants to save israel from harm, they will be saved from harm. Hmm. I must have seen a bible verse on this recently. Oh yes, I have. Esther 4: For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?" It's our chance to be an instrument of God's will- or to miss that opportunity. Which would I rather do?
    Let Israel tremble at Iran's capability - but not so that the Christians should "STOP IRAN" as the thread suggests. Let them tremble because Iran threatens them BECAUSE they broke Covenant with Jehovah - the One Who saw to it that ALL their enemies succumbed.
    The IDF seems remarkably capable. Does that mean that God is helping them?

I enjoyed that Israel's plight today is not the nuclear strength of Iran, or the foibles of the United Nations, but their rejection of both Moses and One Moses told them to "hear" (Deut.18:15), and Whom, when the three chosen disciples, who went up the mount of glory, wanted to build a Tabernacle for Moses, were told in fearsome terms ONLY to HEAR HIM (Matt.17:15).

Ezekiel 36:23-38 You will notice in each case it is God who is doing the doing. He gives a new heart, He puts his spirit in them, He sprinkles them clean, He gathers them, He supplies their food,

We Christians are not Holy because we are holy. We are holy because Jesus has put a new spirit within us which compels us to be like him out of gratitude for his grace, for his mercy, for his love. We do not save ourselves. We come just as we are. This is the same way that the Jews will be saved. It is all in God's hands, His doing, and His timing.

Rom. 11:25-31. And so shall all Israel be saved

You seem to have this idea that we are saved because we are somehow deserving, like we are the holier than thou crowd. We are not. All we have to offer is gratitude for a gift we do not deserve.

Ephesians 2:4-8 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus paid it all.
    All to Him I owe.
    Sin had left its crimson stain.
    He washed it white as snow.

Christians have been singing that chorus for hundreds of years. It is nothing new. Policemen sing it while protecting the innocent, presidents sing it while protecting his people, soldiers sing it while subduing aggressors, all while asking how they can do their jobs while honoring Christ.

The moment you start to take credit for your own salvation, you nullify everything Jesus did for us on the Cross.

There's also a distinction between saying "Jews don't have faith in God" and saying "Jews don't have faith in Jesus". Not the same thing.

Blog Entries

One of the worst kept secrets in the world is that Iran is the chief sponsor and bank roller of Muslim terrorist groups. That fact alone makes Iran the number one enemy not only of of Israel, but of the US, and every other nation that does not bow to Allah and honor Muhammad. Consider also the expressed fervent desire of Iranian leadership for Israel's destruction, as espoused in the words of the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, leading cleric in Iran:

"This regime that is occupying Qods [Jerusalem] must be eliminated from the pages of history.”
    “The Zionist regime is a true cancer tumor on this region that should be cut off.” “And it definitely will be cut off.”

How profoundly these sentiments parallel the words in the 83rd psalm:

They have said, "Come, and let us wipe them out as a nation, That the name of Israel be remembered no more." (Psalms 83:4 NASB)

God will one day gather all nations against Jerusalem, just as He declared He will--modern-day Persia being among them. Whether this mass assault is precipitated by a retaliatory or preemptive military strike against Iran remains to be seen. But God will also personally deliver Israel by destroying those invading nations just when the situation seems utterly hopeless for the surrounded nation. Those who seek to wipe out the Jews will find that it is themselves who are wiped out--by God Almighty Himself.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Sojourner55, you are a breath of truth. You are so right, God will act to destroy those attackers of Israel. Way back in Deuteronomy 32:34-35 God says He has in reserve a punishment waiting for His Day of vengeance and wrath, for the day His enemies make a mistake -their doom will come. This prophecy is many years after He last wiped out the ungodly by the means of a great flood. We see in Deut. 32:22, it will be a terrible fire next time. Confirmed by over 70 other prophesies.
    From what I read in the Bible, this sudden and shocking strike will happen at the commencement of a attack, the enemies own weapons will kill them. Psalm 7:12-15, Obadiah 15, Habakkuk 3:14, Joel 3:4, Isaiah 8:9-10

Quote Originally Posted by Walls
    I enjoyed that And you are most probably correct. But this discussion got so energetic because I said that Islam poses no more threat than any other occult based theocracy.
    answered by;

Wow I must have imagined 9/11. I even thought I was there. What a vivid dream.
    What a scrambled answer. Go back through your posts and see how you mourn about the Holocaust and Hitler. Did Islam put Hitler in power from their pulpits, or was another Occult based theocracy called Rome? I'll stick with my statement. Bringing up 9/11 shows that you are unable to discredit my statement. The tragedy of Israel's chastisement because they were contract breakers is 3'000 years old, and you pick a blip in history to answer. (A blip where a Gentile nation was the target). Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, Islam, the Pogroms, Russia, China, and finally Germany were ALL threats to dispersed Israelites, AND YOU CHOOSE ONE BLIP IN HISTORY IN WHICH A GENTILE NATION WAS THE TARGET TO ANSWER ME - pathetic for a man of your intelligence.

A verse in favor of what?
    The thread is called "STOP IRAN". I know you get sidetracked, but I asked BunnyMuldare for scriptural proof from the Old, or the New Testament that Iran will annihilate Israel with nuclear capability? Or that Iran even features in latter day prophecy. Would you like to help BunnyMuldare?

You know what? Let's even agree on this point. If God wants to save israel from harm, they will be saved from harm. Hmm. I must have seen a bible verse on this recently. Oh yes, I have. Esther 4: For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?" It's our chance to be an instrument of God's will- or to miss that opportunity. Which would I rather do?
    I would avoid Esther if I were you. God's prophets predicted a captivity of not more than 70 years. At their end God moves a Gentile king to send all Israelites back to Israel, with covering finance, to rebuild their City and Temple. AND HOW MANY HEED THE CALL OF THEIR GOD? Two and one half percent! 97.5% disobey God and stay in captivity of their own volition. Did they care about their Land? NO! Did they care about God's House? NO! Is God's name EVER MENTIONED IN ESTHER? NO! If I were a Jew trying to get safety for my Land in Canaan, Esther would be my last argument. It displays a rebellious, uncaring, stiff necked people who had only their own comfort and interests at heart. But what Esther also shows, is an attentive God Who still cares for His people, even in the face of their indifference - exactly what I have been saying up to now - God will take care of Iran. Let the Jews return to their God and His Law, not to canvasing Christians to "STOP IRAN".

The IDF seems remarkably capable. Does that mean that God is helping them?
    Absolutely! Many of their battles since 1948 are nothing short of miraculous. So why bring this up? I thought you were wanting us Christians to bear arms to "STOP IRAN"? It is I who has consistently said that God will take care of the matter. And so He has with a minute, under-equipped army. Shocking proof that your ranting at us Christians, and your vehement calls for assistance is vain. Jehovah did not raise up the Church to fight Israel's battles. He is utterly capable of doing what He has always done. Even though you disregard the New Testament, the final Battle for Israel, that of Megiddo, is fought for you by an army from Heaven (Rev.19), and the General is none other that your rejected Messiah, Jesus.

Ezekiel 36:23-38 You will notice in each case it is God who is doing the doing. He gives a new heart, He puts his spirit in them, He sprinkles them clean, He gathers them, He supplies their food,

We Christians are not Holy because we are holy. We are holy because Jesus has put a new spirit within us which compels us to be like him out of gratitude for his grace, for his mercy, for his love. We do not save ourselves. We come just as we are. This is the same way that the Jews will be saved. It is all in God's hands, His doing, and His timing.

Rom. 11:25-31. And so shall all Israel be saved

You seem to have this idea that we are saved because we are somehow deserving, like we are the holier than thou crowd. We are not. All we have to offer is gratitude for a gift we do not deserve.

Ephesians 2:4-8 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus paid it all.
    All to Him I owe.
    Sin had left its crimson stain.
    He washed it white as snow.

Christians have been singing that chorus for hundreds of years. It is nothing new. Policemen sing it while protecting the innocent, presidents sing it while protecting his people, soldiers sing it while subduing aggressors, all while asking how they can do their jobs while honoring Christ.

The moment you start to take credit for your own salvation, you nullify everything Jesus did for us on the Cross.
    As you answer addresses not a single thing mentioned in the quote, I'll pass on this one. You have consistently shown a desire to add to my writing and then address it. Be my guest, but I'm afraid you'll have to do it without me.

What a scrambled answer. Go back through your posts and see how you mourn about the Holocaust and Hitler. Did Islam put Hitler in power from their pulpits, or was another Occult based theocracy called Rome? I'll stick with my statement. Bringing up 9/11 shows that you are unable to discredit my statement.
    Bringing up 9/11 proves that radical Islam is a threat. You can't just wave that away.

The tragedy of Israel's chastisement because they were contract breakers is 3'000 years old, and you pick a blip in history to answer.
    That "blip" killed almost 3,000 people and caused as much as 3 trillion dollars in damages.

pathetic for a man of your intelligence.
    Probably the result of the mental damage you seem to think I must have.

I would avoid Esther if I were you.
    It's in the bible. I didn't realize we could ignore books in the bible if we don't like what they have to say.
    But what Esther also shows, is an attentive God Who still cares for His people, even in the face of their indifference.
    Actually, Esther shows that God uses human agents to carry out His will. That's why I quoted chapter 4: For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?

Let the Jews return to their God and His Law, not canvasing Christians to "STOP IRAN".
    Iran refers to Israel as the "little Satan" and the US as the "great Satan". Do you really think that Iran is a threat to Israel alone? I don't. I'm actually of the opinion that Iran is more likely to nuke America (through some proxy) than Israel.

Shocking proof that your ranting at us Christians,
    I'm not ranting at "Christians". Just you.

Jehovah did not raise up the Church to fight Israel's battles.
    As Esther 4 says, you can be God's instrument or choose not to. Your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner55 View Post
    One of the worst kept secrets in the world is that Iran is the chief sponsor and bank roller of Muslim terrorist groups. That fact alone makes Iran the number one enemy not only of of Israel, but of the US, and every other nation that does not bow to Allah and honor Muhammad.
    If you persist in this line of thinking Walls is going to accuse you of being paranoid. Doubtless the result of God's curses in Deuteronomy 28.

I but their rejection of both Moses
    I have to take issue with this too. There are millions of God-fearing Jews who pray to God and study the bible every day. Just because they don't believe as you do doesn't mean that they 'reject Moses'.

Thread Information