Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abomination that causes Desolation

Abomination that causes Desolation

First let me say...I'm about as unsupported of the Catholic religion as one can get.It's about unBiblical of a religion and practices as it gets...but it's time to start looking at the Abomination that causes Desolation much closer.. if we truly are living in the latter days!Because if we are...it's not the Catholic religion.. who has zero power now.. and is getting weaker in number.. not stronger.They are headed towards merging into a one world religion at this point(some Protestant churches are headed that way as well).Which very well could play into where the false prophet comes from.

From the Jewish/Hebrew Biblical dictionary

Abomination/to'ebah
    To do an offensive thing towards God.to show wickedness towards God,object of worship in place of God,a ritual act against God.

Do note there are three Hebrew words that have been translated as abomination...to'ebah was not used when God was telling Moses when a man lays down with another man it's an abomination.I've seen some homosexuals try to debate this point to help their case...when like I said the fact is there are about three Hebrew words that have been translated into abomination that all have the ultimate meaning...IT'S AGAINST GOD!They never bring this point up in their "debate" because it would end their case on the matter.

Desolation/shamen
    become desolate,causes horror,to destroy,to cause devastations, to horrified,laid desolate,to make ruins where it walks,to ravaged another

There will be a third temple.If any of you lived in Israel(which I have) the last 15 years you'd understand...there WILL be a third temple.The Jews are ready to go right now...they'd have one built in a year...they are ready to go!

So when you look at what Daniel and Jesus said about the "Abomination that causes Desolation" then add in a few other elements like...what's going on in the world now...Jews ready for go with a third temple...and the fig tree pointing towards the end of days right now...it's pretty clear what/who is being talked about here.
    Last edited by ctmarine5; Aug 1st 2014 at 03:47 AM.

Re: Abomination that causes Desolation

Quote Originally Posted by ctmarine5 View Post
    First let me say...I'm about as unsupported of the Catholic religion as one can get.It's about a unBiblical of a religion and practices as it gets...but it's time to start looking at the Abomination that causes Desolation much closer.. if we truly are living in the latter days!Because if we are...it's not the Catholic religion who has zero power now and is getting weaker in number not stronger.They are headed towards merging into a one world religion at this point(some Protestant churches are headed that way as well).Which very well could play into where the false prophet comes from.

Abomination/to'ebah
    To do an offensive thing towards God.to show wickedness towards God,object of worship in place of God,a ritual act against God.

Do note there are three Hebrew words that have been translated as abomination...to'ebah was not used when God was telling Moses when a man lays down with another man it's an abomination.I've seen some homosexuals try to debate this point to help their case...when like I said the fact is there are about three Hebrew words that have been translated into abomination that all have the ultimate meaning...IT'S AGAINST GOD!They never bring this point up in their "debate" because it would end their case on the matter.

Desolation/shamen
    become desolate,causes horror,to destroy,to cause devastations, to horrified,laid desolate,to make ruins where it walks,to ravaged another

There will be a third temple.If any of you lived in Israel(which I have) the last 15 years you'd understand...there WILL be a third temple.The Jews are ready to go right now...they'd have one built in a year...they are ready to go!

So when you look at what Daniel and Jesus said about the "Abomination that causes Desolation" then add in a few other elements like...what's going on in the world now...Jews ready for go with a third temple...and the fig tree pointing towards the end of days right now...it's pretty clear what/who is being talked about here.
    What would be the point of the 3rd temple? If God desired a 3rd brick and mortar temple, why didn't He just keep the 2nd one standing then? Also, what possible abomination could occur in a third temple, in a temple that wasn't even God's idea to begin with?

First let me say...I'm about as unsupported of the Catholic religion as one can get.It's about a unBiblical of a religion and practices as it gets...but it's time to start looking at the Abomination that causes Desolation much closer.. if we truly are living in the latter days!Because if we are...it's not the Catholic religion who has zero power now and is getting weaker in number not stronger.They are headed towards merging into a one world religion at this point(some Protestant churches are headed that way as well).Which very well could play into where the false prophet comes from.

Abomination/to'ebah

Desolation/shamen

Nowhere does the Bible say that there will be a fourth temple (Herod's was the third).

The abominable desolator in Matthew was the Roman army with its eagles to which the Romans offered sacrifices. Once it encamped outside Jerusalem the holy place the abominable idol worshiping desolater had come.

once they marched into Jerusalem and especially into the Temple the abomination was complete. The Temple was desecrated and the Jews themselves burned it down to prevent more sacrilege. Titus had ordered that the Temple be preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by petrobb View Post
    Nowhere does the Bible say that there will be a fourth temple (Herod's was the third).

The abominable desolator in Matthew was the Roman army with its eagles to which the Romans offered sacrifices. Once it encamped outside Jerusalem the holy place the abominable idol worshiping desolater had come.

once they marched into Jerusalem and especially into the Temple the abomination was complete. The Temple was desecrated and the Jews themselves burned it down to prevent more sacrilege. Titus had ordered that the Temple be preserved.

There's been two Temples.First Temple dedicated by Solomon about 952 BC and the second Temple by Herod the Great beginning around 20 BC.Matthew 24 hasn't been filled...it's a end times event.

Quote Originally Posted by petrobb View Post

Perhpas you could suppot your historical revisionism by citing some sources?

You state matter-of-factly here that the Jews burnt the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    What would be the point of the 3rd temple? If God desired a 3rd brick and mortar temple, why didn't He just keep the 2nd one standing then? Also, what possible abomination could occur in a third temple, in a temple that wasn't even God's idea to begin with?
    To fill prophecy...you're asking me to explain fully the thoughts of God..that I'm not equipt to do.ANY worship of another "god" in an abomination no matter where it's done.As far as what it could be...could be numerous things.

In the Olivet Discourse the readers are told to find understanding of the abomination of desolation they should look to Daniel the prophet. Daniel knew nothing of abomination through Rome in 70 AD. Why are we instructed to look to the prophet Daniel about the thing that causes abomination in 70 AD since Daniel would have zero knowledge of all that came to pass in 70 AD? What does Daniel say is abomination that makes desolate?

One thing often missed when reading "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation" is that "shall see" speaks of knowledge. It should be read "When ye therefore shall [understand; or have knowledge of; or have become aware of] the abomination of desolation". The word translated "shall see" is the Greek word eido. It differs from "shall see" of vs. 30, for instance, which is the Greek word optanomai, and implies looking at something with eyes wide open, or with physical sight. Therefore "shall see" speaks to whosoever hearing or witnessing having understanding, but is not limited to only those living in 70 AD.

So what did Daniel understand as abomination that made Jerusalem a desolation in his own time? When we read his prayer in chapter 9 we find desolation of Jerusalem came from within themselves.

Daniel 9:3-16 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments; We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments: Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land. O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee. O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee. To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him; Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him. And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem. As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth. Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice. And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly. O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.

You have the definition of Abomination, and of desolation, but already there are several different words that are translated between them, each making the abomination --- desolation having total different meanings,

Abomination of desolation – A abomination of or on a desolate holy place

Abomination that causes desolation – the abomination (like a army) that destroyed the temple and made the holy place desolate

Abomination that makes desolate – about the same thing

I use the NKJV bible and throughout it says Abomination of desolation. I think this is correct because Matthew 24:15 says the abomination is standing in the holy place.

Mark 13:14 says about the same thing—standing. But the abomination is called a[B] it[/B], a something, not a someone

Mark 13:14 "So when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not" (let the reader understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Luke says nothing about the abomination, but tells us a little more about the desolation. (by the Roman army)

We are sent to Daniel in Matt 24 and Mark 13. Luke don’t send us to Daniel, because he only speaks of the desolation.

Daniel 12:11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.

So in Daniel 12:11 we find, “the abomination of desolation is set up”

In Dan 11:31 we find the abomination of desolation was placed there, on the sanctuary fortress, or holy place, the Temple Mount.

Dan 11:31 "And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation.

I believe it is the abomination of desolation, and there has been a abomination standing there, a monument to Mohamad, that has been standing there for 1,327 years. What does Dan 12:12 say,

Dan 12:12 "Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.

Blog Entries

Abomination/to'ebah

Desolation/shamen

God doesn't need or require a temple and a sacrfice Jesus ended that. God has not told anyone to build a temple.

Why would God care if a future antichrist desecrated it?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    God doesn't need or require a temple and a sacrfice Jesus ended that. God has not told anyone to build a temple.

Why would God care if a future antichrist desecrated it?
    That was basically my point as well. It doesn't add up IMO, the need for another man made temple.

As some of the other posters have pointed out, a third temple is pretty difficult to prove from scripture. Your best bet in my opinion would be to start with Ezekiel 40 (also Zech. 14). Also, "Newspaper Exegesis" has a 100% failure rate. It's trying to walk by sight when you need to walk by faith.

Finally! Someone said it!

I'd disagree which number temple Herod's was. I'd say it was the second.

(I'll spell it out for those who don't get it - Jesus was the third temple)

Blog Entries

Why, I wonder, did Jesus never mention another future temple?? A 'Millennium' Temple?

He only foretold the destruction of that one, and it happened just as He said it would, and it happened 'within that generation'!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Abomination/to'ebah

Desolation/shamen

Sorry, we are not in the latter (last) days....
    (Heb.1:1-2, Acts2:16-17) The first century generation was in the last days....this is clear from scripture
    And sorry again, Jesus said that his 1st century generation would see the AOD....
    (Math.24:15) "When you (them) shall see the AOD...."

Jesus told them to their face they would see it....they did.

Compare Math.24:15-16 with Luke 21:21-22 and you will see that the AOD was the Roman armies which surrounded Jerusalem and desecrated the temple.

Blog Entries

There is another temple yet to come......come on guys its not that difficult.

Rev 21

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The city contains the temple.

The city Babylon in Rev 17 has a counterfeit temple. In which not one stone will stand.

The king of this city which is an abomination which shall cause the destruction. This will happen after 1290 when the king is set up in the temple.

Blog Entries

The image to the beast on which the people build in Rev 13 IS that temple of the city Babylon.

Thread Information