Thread: North Carolina restaurant offers a 15 percent discount to pray in public

Thumbsup North Carolina restaurant offers a 15 percent discount to pray in public

CNN News Video
    Beautiful!

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
    Jesus Christ

Re: North Carolina restaurant offers a 15 percent discount to pray in public

why do you think this is beautiful?

Blog Entries

Cool idea, but I think most people would just abuse it instead of being pleasantly surprised. I see the intention though and I'm not knocking it.
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Quote Originally Posted by Aliester Punim View Post
    why do you think this is beautiful?
    Because it's 15% off!!
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Because it's 15% off!!
    oh okay, yeah when you put it like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Cool idea, but I think most people would just abuse it instead of being pleasantly surprised. I see the intention though and I'm not knocking it.
    That and since technically you are getting paid in the sense that a discount is money back in your pocket... than doesn't that make us professional prayers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
    CNN News Video
    Beautiful!
    That's an interesting idea.

(btw, I like your name. It does make me hungry. )
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne D View Post
    That's an interesting idea.

(btw, I like your name. It does make me hungry. )
    Thanks. It's those little visuals.

I think this is a great idea. So much is happening in America now especially, not to mention around the world as Christians are being murdered, beheaded, threatened to the point they flee areas the faith has inhabited for generations, due to threats against them.

We are to give thanks and pray unceasingly. It is a lovely thing that a restaurant encourages the faithful not to hide their beliefs. And reminds them at the same time that they are indeed to give thanks for that meal before them. It isn't asking for a big dramatic show of prayer. This family is simply asking that we remember to pray.

And in return they'll thank us with a 15% discount. A blessing itself in this economy. Which I'd hope they'd accrue and donate to the nearest church sponsored soup kitchen. So that they and all Christian patrons that made that possible can be the answer to those prayers of the homeless who eat there.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
    Jesus Christ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
    That and since technically you are getting paid in the sense that a discount is money back in your pocket... than doesn't that make us professional prayers?
    Actually that troubles me at some level....

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Actually that troubles me at some level....
    Don't let it trouble you too much. They would have to say the same thing about those who use coupons at the grocery. Are those who are what some call, extreme couponers, professional shoppers? Or are they patrons hoping to save money in this economy?

A family sets a made up price on the food they make at their restaurant. And then they price it a little less because someone chose to do what the bible commands of us before they enjoyed their fare. A price that is paid after the discount is tallied so that no money actually returns to anyone's pocket. They simply pay a lesser rate.

Jesus Christ

I noticed it was discount #2.

What is discount #1?

Great thread.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post
    I noticed it was discount #2.

What is discount #1?

Great thread.
    Probably refers to the first discounts they offered. Coupons, gift certificates, etc...since they're on FB.

I know people in Raleigh. Next time I'm on a trip in the area I'll make it a point to visit Mary's Gourmet Diner in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Not often do I read, "Gourmet" preceding "Diner"

Jesus Christ

Thread Information