Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turned over to a reprobate mind?

Turned over to a reprobate mind?

My willful sinning was habitual. God stepped in to stop me. He made me to know what I did, and told me I am going to hell. Their is no hope for me. I have been cut off and know it. The despair I feel is unimaginable. Knowing there is no forgiveness is unbearable. It is indeed horrible to fall into the hands of the living God.

Re: Willful sin after receiving the truth = eternal condemnation

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaygee View Post
    ... He ... told me I am going to hell. Their is no hope for me. I have been cut off ... and know it. The despair I feel is unimaginable.
    Are you sure it was God who told you this? Because This doesn't sound like Him and there is another guy mentioned in the Bible who comes to steal, kill and destroy, who can appears and sound like an angel but who also has been a liar right from the beginning. The conversation you mention here seems to be more along the lines of one coming from him while trying to make you think it was from God.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

My sin was 20 years ago. That's when the Spirit left me. I tried returning to The Lord, but He rejected me. I've never been able to repent from the heart as a result. I have died a spiritual death. There is no return from that. I only wish there were. I know of another that has done the same thing and suffers the same way I do. When you are rejected, you know it.

My sin was 20 years ago. That's when the Spirit left me. I tried returning to The Lord, but He rejected me. I've never been able to repent from the heart as a result. I have died a spiritual death. There is no return from that. I only wish there were. I know of another that has done the same thing and suffers the same way I do. When you are rejected, you know it.
    No .... when you have been lied to by the devil you can be convince by him to believe it.

"Our Hope is unchanged"

What did you do?
    "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/

WPM

I had a sin that I'm too ashamed to tell. It was with me most of my life. It was sexually based though. I told God I needed it and even blamed him for the fact that I had it. My sin was presumptuous. The worst kind. Now I am doomed. If The Lord wanted to forgive me, He would grant me repentance from the heart. I beg for it, but it's too late.

I had a sin that I'm too ashamed to tell. It was with me most of my life. It was sexually based though. I told God I needed it and even blamed him for the fact that I had it. My sin was presumptuous. The worst kind. Now I am doomed. If The Lord wanted to forgive me, He would grant me repentance from the heart. I beg for it, but it's too late.
    The Bible mentions a king that performed human sacrifices using his own children as offerings (I'm not talking about Abraham). He repented in the dungeons of Babylon and God forgave him. I know a lady who was a nun who as part of her daily "spiritual" excersise would whip herself till she bleed inflicting damage to herself thinking that it pleased God (that's presumption). Yet God forgave her and she dearly love the Lord and is wonderously saved. There is no depth of depravity that man can reach that God's grace and forgiveness can not also reach.

The devil is using your inability to forgive yourself and accept God's forgiveness as a tool to keep you from discovering and experiencing God real grace and real mercy and real forgiveness and real solution to your situation.

The real problem is that you can't forgive yourself and the devil is using it against you.

"Our Hope is unchanged"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    The Bible mentions a king that performed human sacrifices using his own children as offerings (I'm not talking about Abraham). He repented in the dungeons of Babylon and God forgave him. I know a lady who was a nun who as part of her daily "spiritual" excersise would whip herself till she bleed inflicting damage to herself thinking that it pleased God (that's presumption). Yet God forgave her and she dearly love the Lord and is wonderously saved. There is no depth of depravity that man can reach that God's grace and forgiveness can not also reach.

The devil is using your inability to forgive yourself and accept God's forgiveness as a tool to keep you from discovering and experiencing God real grace and real mercy and real forgiveness and real solution to your situation.

The real problem is that you can't forgive yourself and the devil is using it against you.
    A first read that was also what came to mind--^^^
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Repentance is not just words, you must receive His forgiveness. That is an act of faith. Until you receive His forgiveness then your words mean little. It doesn't matter what that sin is, there is only one unforgivable sin - rejecting the convicting work of the Spirit. We have all committed presumptive sins. He forgives and He forgets.
    "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/

WPM

I was turned over to a reprobate mind. You know it when it happens. It is impossible for me to repent. Presumptuous sinning is not forgiven. I wish it were. Research presumptuous sin and you will understand. My faith was taken away, as well. I am left with only belief, no faith.

I was turned over to a reprobate mind. You know it when it happens. It is impossible for me to repent. Presumptuous sinning is not forgiven. I wish it were. Research presumptuous sin and you will understand. My faith was taken away, as well. I am left with only belief, no faith.
    Please explain to me what the content of your faith was prior to God taking it away from you (as you describe it) and what is the content of your faith now that has been reduced to only belief?
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Are you sure it was God who told you this? Because This doesn't sound like Him and there is another guy mentioned in the Bible who comes to steal, kill and destroy, who can appears and sound like an angel but who also has been a liar right from the beginning. The conversation you mention here seems to be more along the lines of one coming from him while trying to make you think it was from God.
    No .... when you have been lied to by the devil you can be convince by him to believe it.
    Excellent posts Old man!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately I am guilty of the type of willful sinning that Hebrews talks about. I professed to know the truth but didn't live it. I tasted of the peace of God. Now The Lord has punished me. I have the fear of judgement and hell when I die. I beg God for forgiveness and mercy but there is none. I beg for repentance but God doesn't answer.
    Deejaygee, Hebr 6 is talking about people who divorce God. You are impressed by your sin but God is more than a guilty conscience.

Blog Entries

First and foremost, acceptance with God is difference than acceptance with a particular congregation, minister, family members, or even those we have sinned against. Keep that in mind.

Is this still your life then? When you say that you find no place of repentance, then does that mean that you are still consumed, desire, and practice this life of sin in particular? Or has that ceased? Or are you looking for God to cease it? Or what exactly is it that you aren't finding? Let's get to the nuts and bolts of it if we can.

There are differing things here. There are consequences, which don't cease, and then the sinning. You seem to have the necessary disgust for the particular matter, you seem to have the desire to be saved from it, so I think things are setup pretty good for you and perhaps that is why you are posting here.

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

The above is about a "root of bitterness". The reference is to Esau. I have always found this interesting, because of course Esau did weep bitterly and did swear to kill his brother, but in the end he received Jacob back in peace. It is one of my favorite passages (Jacob's return). I wonder if the reference above isn't more towards Esau's lineage (Edom), who did not give up the bitterness so easily for so many generations. It defiled them, they couldn't let loose of it.

But the point is that it was over an event in time that could not be changed. The event changed things going forward. Living with the consequence was what couldn't be reckoned with, it was the regret.
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Deejaygee

God is a God of forgiveness and mercy. When you gave your heart to the Lord, He made a marriage contract/covenant with you. He is trustworthy, believe Him, even if you do not feel it. If you believe, His peace will be given to you. Here is your marriage contract/covenant with the Lord and what he promised to you.

Isa 54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.
    Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
    Isa 54:6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
    Isa 54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
    Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
    Isa 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
    Isa 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Thread Information