Thread: The 144,000 God's army gathered from the grave (dry bones)

Blog Entries

The 144,000 God's army gathered from the grave (dry bones)

First off the premise is that these 144,000 are the house of Israel. A future remnant 12,000 from the 12 tribes of Israel per Rev 6. Now the question has been who are these folks and how do they originate. It is widely held that these 144,000 are upon the earth and then are gathered alive somehow together and then protected. These folks are upon the earth alive and protected (from God's wrath) however are gathered together from the grave. I do not think we will know the identity of these 144,000 except for God as they will be the same as his army to fight and destroy the army of the beast. This is seen in EZ 37.

Furthermore it is the house of Israel which is brought back from the dead to fight in the day of the Lord, not the church. Israel is resurrected as the first fruits prior to his return, the church not until afterwards.

EZ 37
    3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
    4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
    5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
    6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
    7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
    8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
    9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
    10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
    11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

We also see this army in Joel. The army of God, the 144,000.

Joel 2
    1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
    2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
    3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
    4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
    5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
    6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
    7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
    8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
    9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
    10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Blog Entries

Re: The 144,000 God's army gathered from the grave (dry bones)

Note changed the title of the thread...........

Blog Entries

Re: The 144,000 God's army gathered from the grave (dry bones)

This is why the 144,000 will never be identified only God will raise this house from out of the grave as his army to fight and destroy the army of the beast. This is seen in EZ 37.
    Greetings Ross,

Regarding the 144,000, these are just who the Scriptures say they are. The "Male Child" is a collective name for the 144,000 who will come out of the woman/Israel, ergo, "gives birth to."
    These will be males from the twelve tribes of Israel who will acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah. They are not those bones of Ezekiel, but will be literal men who will have not
    defiled themselves with women and in whose mouth no lie will be found. In the middle of the 'seven' they will be "caught up" to God's throne before the dragon/Satan can devour/kill them.
    They are the first fruits to God out of Israel. There is simply nothing that would link the 144,000 to the dry bones of Ezekiel.

We also see this army in Joel. The army of God, the 144,000
    The army mentioned in Joel are Locusts and are synonymous with those demonic beings of Revelation 9 who are let out of the Abyss at the blowing of the 5th trumpet who are said to look like locusts
    prepared for battle. This army is commanded to torment men for 5 months with the stings of scorpions and their king is that angel of the Abyss, the beast who once was, now is not and
    yet will come. This is simply Joel's vision of the same demonic army that comes up out of the Abyss. These demonic beings will be used to carry out one of the plagues of God's wrath.

Yours in Christ

Thread Information