Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: Evidence For a Flood

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Evidence For a Flood

    Some believe that geology does not reflect a major widespread flood event on earth. Recent evidence is showing that at the PT boundary sea levels did rise, cause flooding into continental interiors. This geological event is associated with a time in history when there was a massive die-off of plants and animals.

    The studies that have recently indicated flooding at the PT boundary are endless. The Siberian Traps occurred then, which was massive volcanic activity over an area the size of a continent (much of Siberia) and elsewhere as well (China). This activity melted the glaciation and ice caps, causing a major transgression (sea level rising). I will list some of these studies:

    Ice caps melted and sandstone and shale indicate flooding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica
    ""As a result of continued warming, the polar ice caps melted and much of Gondwana became a desert. In Eastern Antarctica, the seed fern became established, and large amounts of sandstone and shale were laid down at this time ""

    http://www.dinoextinct.com/page12.htm Rise sea-levels:
    ""it would be reasonable to assume that submarine volcanism was the cause of rising sea-levels at the P-T boundary. ""

    http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2011AM/fin...act_194904.htm Sudden world-wide erosion:
    ""For Upper Permian and Lower Triassic strata, a number of studies have identified this change as the result of the loss of plants and increased erosion associated with the end-Permian Mass extinction. Such relationships have been identified in South Africa, Spain, eastern Australia, Russia, and Antarctica. ""

    http://studentresearch.wcp.muohio.ed...onsealevel.pdf The PT boundary extinctions are associated with a "transgressive pulse", this means a sudden flooding by seas:
    ""the majority of extinctions occurring during the transgressive pulse when anoxic bottom waters often became extensive. The ultimate cause of the sea-level changes is generally unclear.""

    I could go on and on. Literally hundreds of recent studies show that there were sea level rises at the same timing of a great death and multiple extinctions across the planet. This is known as the PT boundary.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,726
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Fossils of oysters/clams and fish have also been found at the tops of mountains, including Everest, and there have even been whale fossils found in the Andes. I even remember reading about the Eskimos and how their discovery of sea creatures at high altitudes may have inspired their own flood myths.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Interesting, but the P-T was about 250 million years ago.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

    John777 exists to me only in quoted form.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Interesting, but the P-T was about 250 million years ago.
    well as you know, decay rates of isotopes found in rock are not "set in stone" , excuse the pun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    well as you know, decay rates of isotopes found in rock are not "set in stone" , excuse the pun.
    Why would I excuse the pun? I love puns. I am a gneiss guy, only occasionally full of schist. Just don't get me started on orogenic zones.

    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

    John777 exists to me only in quoted form.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Some believe that geology does not reflect a major widespread flood event on earth. Recent evidence is showing that at the PT boundary sea levels did rise, cause flooding into continental interiors. This geological event is associated with a time in history when there was a massive die-off of plants and animals.
    If an event roughly 4000 years ago occurred at the PT boundary, how do you explain the Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, and Neogene rock formations and fossils? Were they deposited in the last 4K years?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    If an event roughly 4000 years ago occurred at the PT boundary, how do you explain the Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, and Neogene rock formations and fossils? Were they deposited in the last 4K years?
    Yes in the last 4500 years or so.
    Triassic - reptiles of amphibuous habits crawl out the ocean after the flood, onto hot wasteland continents devoid of competition. (sea lizards, sea turtles, sea crocodiles). Only vegetation/seeds that could survive flooding flourished, including olive trees. Most Permian amphibians do not survive the new hot dry world, and rapidly go extinct.
    Jurassic - in the hot greenhouse conditions of the Triassic/Jurassic these reptiles grow to large sizes and fill all ecological niches. Smaller furtive fast breeding mammals from the ark start to infiltrate their habitat.
    Cretaceous - plants and mammals and birds from the ark are starting to gain a widespread foothold on earth.
    Paleogene - The KT extinction relating to a meteor impact causes a rapid ice age. Large reptiles mainly die off during this ice age. Mammals are the most adaptable, and so become dominant. Due to the continued greenhouse effect many species grow to large sizes (mega-mammals).
    Neogene - Ark mammals rapidly adapt to fill all ecological niches. Human populations are growing and some start to leave the cities in numbers and explore the new post-flood landscape.

    I generally trust geologists when they describe the post PT boundary world and its formation, although I believe timeframes are exponentially compressed compared to the evolutionary model.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Mammals are the most adaptable, and so become dominant. Due to the continued greenhouse effect many species grow to large sizes (mega-mammals).
    What do you mean by mega-mammals (as in an example) and why is a greenhouse effect important for their development?
    Last edited by teddyv; Nov 5th 2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

    John777 exists to me only in quoted form.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    What do you mean by mega-mammals (as in an example) and why is a greenhouse effect important for their development?
    The way I picture it is that during the Siberian traps huge amount of gases and dust were released into the atmosphere thereby changing the equilibrium in the upper atmosphere and allowing for a build up of air pressure on the earth's surface. ie the atmosphere possibly extended further into space than now. This growth of surface air pressure allows for better oxygenation in the bloodstream assisting the continuation of long life-spans despite the weakened post-flood magnetic field. (despite increased damaging radiation to biological life, the purifying effects of increased oxygen in the blood stream assist long post-flood lifespans as suggested in the bible).

    Biological life is therefore well nourished (oxygen) and the high air pressure contributes towards a weaker gravitational pull on our vertebrae. Through natural selection, larger animals start to dominate, whereas at the moment natural selection would de-select for the tallest among us, because there are certain health problems that come with excessive height or bulk in modern animals including humans.

    Of course the rapid growth of post-boundary reptiles is testimony to these new conditions, and then we have animals like mammoths, sabre-tooth cats, giant kangaroos, basically the pleistocene mega-fauna.

    You will possibly find 3 different evolutionary timeframes which reflect the same biblical post-flood timeframe. They all involve a healthy period, followed by a meteor collision, followed by deteriating conditions:

    The radiometric dating timeframe: 250 million years ago until the KT impact 66 million years ago
    The carbon dating timeframe starts a little later: Pleistocene mega-fauna until the Quaternary impact extinction followed by the holocene
    The historical/recent carbon dating timeframe: Early Old Kingdom of Egypt was contemporaneous with Sumeria and the Indus civilization. They were all suddenly wiped out in a possible impact event around 2200-2000 BC

    These timeframes are largely contemporaneous but are seen as consecutive by evolutionists. ie when dinosaurs are found they are measured by radiometric dating, when pleistocene mega-fauna are found they are measured by carbon dating with a certain range of date uncertainty, recent history and recent carbon ages are largely accurate for early civilisation (within 1000 years) and very accurate for the last 2000 years.

    Of course the "ooparts" are increasingly bringing doubt to these traditional timeframes (DNA found in dinos, dino artifacts found in early civilisations). You will find that the "out of Africa" migration patterns of the earlier smaller mammals matches the human migration patterns, radiating out from Egypt/Ethiopia/India as would be expected from the ark under compressed contintental drift tiimeframes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Midwest.
    Posts
    6,007

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    I've read where shark's teeth have been found in fields in South Dakota. That is a little ways from the ocean!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Triassic - reptiles of amphibuous habits crawl out the ocean after the flood, onto hot wasteland continents devoid of competition. (sea lizards, sea turtles, sea crocodiles). Only vegetation/seeds that could survive flooding flourished, including olive trees. Most Permian amphibians do not survive the new hot dry world, and rapidly go extinct.
    Jurassic - in the hot greenhouse conditions of the Triassic/Jurassic these reptiles grow to large sizes and fill all ecological niches. Smaller furtive fast breeding mammals from the ark start to infiltrate their habitat.
    Cretaceous - plants and mammals and birds from the ark are starting to gain a widespread foothold on earth.
    Paleogene - The KT extinction relating to a meteor impact causes a rapid ice age. Large reptiles mainly die off during this ice age. Mammals are the most adaptable, and so become dominant. Due to the continued greenhouse effect many species grow to large sizes (mega-mammals).
    Neogene - Ark mammals rapidly adapt to fill all ecological niches. Human populations are growing and some start to leave the cities in numbers and explore the new post-flood landscape.
    Why wouldn't Greek and Roman ruins appear with dinosaurs then? Abraham (roughly 3,000 years ago) would be found with trilobites, if that time frame is true.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    Why wouldn't Greek and Roman ruins appear with dinosaurs then? Abraham (roughly 3,000 years ago) would be found with trilobites, if that time frame is true.
    You are associating Abraham with pre-flood fauna, (trilobites). Adam would have been around when the trilobites existed, not Abraham.

    Approximately 2600BC until 2100 BC dinosaurs dominated.
    During the period 2600 BC until 2300 BC there were not enough humans/mammals even to show fossilization, the human numbers were too small.
    Then for a short period of approx 2300 BC until 2100 BC we had an overlap where humans were encroaching in numbers into dinosaur habitats. Again, there is not enough time to reveal the interactions between the two species, just approximately 200 years, and confined to the Middle East and the Indus Valley which are the only place humans had numbers in early post-flood civilization.

    But we do see some signs of this interaction between humans and dinosaurs, eg the Egyptian "Narmer Tablets" and the seals of Sumeria. Additionally the first temple, which is found in Turkey depicts a cynogathus in the same way it depicts common animals like the boar. (temple of Gobekli Tepe)

    So even though there was such a short period of interaction, the signs of humans and dinosaurs co-existing do exist.

    Then around 2100/2000 BC all early civilizations suddenly disappear, along with the end of the Holocene Climate Optimum. I believe this is when the dinosaurs died off due to a sudden ice age caused by a major meteor impact event. All subsequent civilizations that arose a few hundred years after that impact have a deep rooted fear of impacts expressed in their fascination with the Pleiades, and symbols like the swastika etc.

    The civilizations that you refer to, like the Romans and Greeks, existed well after the impact event and so would show no signs of dinosaurs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Approximately 2600BC until 2100 BC dinosaurs dominated.
    Why don't we find any Egyptian temples in Cretaceous rocks?

    Also, not to be offensive (you're discussing the issue with me, I appreciate it, and I hope we both become better as a result) but do you know anything about Mesopotamian/Egyptian/any archaeology? According to your theory, they would HAVE to be located in Cretaceous rocks. That means hundreds and hundreds of feet of sediment (corresponding to the Mesozoic period) were laid down in 500 years but the cenozonic were all laid down in the last 4000! In other words, we have Egyptian archaeology, and dinosaurs, which both MUST be in the same rocks, according to this!

    Here's a chart of what would require less than 500 years to accumulate according to your theory

    http://www.ags.gov.ab.ca/graphics/atlas/fg18_13.jpg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    Quote Originally Posted by decrumpit View Post
    Why don't we find any Egyptian temples in Cretaceous rocks?

    Also, not to be offensive (you're discussing the issue with me, I appreciate it, and I hope we both become better as a result) but do you know anything about Mesopotamian/Egyptian/any archaeology? According to your theory, they would HAVE to be located in Cretaceous rocks. That means hundreds and hundreds of feet of sediment (corresponding to the Mesozoic period) were laid down in 500 years but the cenozonic were all laid down in the last 4000! In other words, we have Egyptian archaeology, and dinosaurs, which both MUST be in the same rocks, according to this!

    Here's a chart of what would require less than 500 years to accumulate according to your theory

    http://www.ags.gov.ab.ca/graphics/atlas/fg18_13.jpg
    I disagree that they would have to be found in cretaceous rocks. It takes steady deposition to bury fossils in a "timeline" of consecutive layers. Current rates of sedimentation in deposition zones are more consistent with creationist timeframes than evolutionist timeframes. For example if you study current Mississippi rates of deposition , the entire post-boundary sedimentation would have been deposited in less than 20 000 years. Not 250 000 000 years as claimed by evolutionists. At current rates projected over 250 million years, most sedimentation would reflect a mish mash of repeatedly eroded and deposited sedimentation until geological layers are no longer clearly consecutive and early fossils are disintegrated into the sand by these repeated cycles.

    1) Evolutionist timeframes are not consistent with currently recorded rates of sedimentation
    2) Some dinosaur bones are found at the surface, just like the Old Kingdom of Egypt is mainly found on the surface (granite building foundations are not conducive to rapid erosion). ie Jurassic layers are not always deeply buried.
    3) The natural assumption when finding a tomb buried in 100 million year old rock , is that the tomb was built into the rock. Its difficult to check how much of the rock above the tomb formed subsequently to the tomb being built.



    These temples look carved from the rock. Its possible that there are incidences where it just looks CARVED, but the rock subsequently formed above the BUILT temple.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    205

    Re: Evidence For a Flood

    A few things to add:

    1) comets show up in the earth on the top layers of soil but not in the "old" ages that the evolutionists lay out. If the earth was really as old as geologists try to make it, comets would innundate the entire geologic column
    2) Mt. Helen showed us that what the evolutionary minded geologist looks at and says millions of years can happen in a few hours.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. evidence for God not enough....
    By ilovemetal in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Nov 5th 2018, 04:29 AM
  2. Evidence of God
    By Boomerang in forum Christians Answer
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 23rd 2018, 07:53 PM
  3. Genesis chapter 6- Global Flood vs. Local Flood
    By DeafPosttrib in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Apr 1st 2011, 01:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •