Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    The beast out of the sea had seven heads..Rev.13:1 One head had a deadly wound that was healed, v.3.. Person or Empire?

    "Here is the mind that has wisdom, the seven heads are seven mountains" Rev.17:9..
    Where in scripture is a person or an Empire referred to as a mountain?
    Who or what caused the deadly wound? And, who healed the deadly wound?

    Quote was hacked...
    Fixed.
    Last edited by seeker_truth; Oct 24th 2014 at 07:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,640
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    Where in scripture is a person or an Empire referred to as a mountain?

    Dan_9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,641

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Only God Almighty has the power to give life and raise the dead.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,640
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    The beast out of the sea had seven heads..Rev.13:1 One head had a deadly wound that was healed, v.3.. Person or Empire?
    I view this not as one of the heads were dead because we aren't told that. One head had a deadly wound, but death had not yet come. It was "fixed" somehow and the head survived. Heads are mountains, and mountains are kingdoms or lands of kingdoms. I'd say if a major power like China has a revolution and the government fell apart and the country was in chaos, that would be a deadly wound to a "mountain/head" and if the chaos was resolved and order was restored then that wound was healed.

    The heads are not individuals. No one is killed and then resurrected or anything.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Dan_9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
    Jerusalem is neither a person nor an Empire..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Only God Almighty has the power to give life and raise the dead.
    So, would believe the head that had a deadly wound by a sword is a person? BTW, a deadly wound doesn't mean you died; it means you could have died, which did not occur, since the wound was healed..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I view this not as one of the heads were dead because we aren't told that. One head had a deadly wound, but death had not yet come. It was "fixed" somehow and the head survived. Heads are mountains, and mountains are kingdoms or lands of kingdoms. I'd say if a major power like China has a revolution and the government fell apart and the country was in chaos, that would be a deadly wound to a "mountain/head" and if the chaos was resolved and order was restored then that wound was healed.

    The heads are not individuals. No one is killed and then resurrected or anything.
    I agree on your analogy.. Has an Empire ever been referred to as a mountain, in scripture?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,640
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    Jerusalem is neither a person nor an Empire..
    It represents an empire.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,640
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    I agree on your analogy.. Has an Empire ever been referred to as a mountain, in scripture?
    A mountain represents an empire, kingdom, authority, rule...things of this nature. Some are larger than others. Jerusalem is one, symbolic of God's people and power. In Psalms David speaks of his kingdom as a mountain.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It represents an empire.
    I'm speaking of an actual Empire referred to in scripture as a mountain.. not a city, not Jerusalem..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    A mountain represents an empire, kingdom, authority, rule...things of this nature. Some are larger than others. Jerusalem is one, symbolic of God's people and power. In Psalms David speaks of his kingdom as a mountain.
    Quote, please..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,640
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    I'm speaking of an actual Empire referred to in scripture as a mountain.. not a city, not Jerusalem..
    Jerusalem counts but if you don't agree then fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    Quote, please..

    Psa_30:7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Hello seeker_truth,

    A mountain does not always represent and empire or kingdom. Sometimes a mountain is a mountain. The deadly wound is receive by the that eighth king, who is the beast that comes up from the Abyss.
    Surely, you are not going to tell me that a kingdom is coming up from the Abyss, are you? Furthermore, that second beast, the false prophet has the inhabitants of the earth make an image of the first
    beast whose fatal wound was healed and therefore, it could not be an image of a kingdom, but of that beast. We know that that it is an individual, because Scripture states that the beast who once was and now
    is not, is an eighth king and is going to his destruction. He is the one who receives the fatal wound. Fatal means, you're dead! It's not survivable, which is the beginning of those Satanic, counterfeit signs,
    which the second beast also performs with miracles, signs and wonders, even causing fire to come down out of heaven in the sight of the inhabitants of the earth. And all this to deceive the inhabitants
    of the earth into believing that he is God. We don't know who causes the fatal wound and that because Scripture does not go into detail about that. What we do know is that the inhabitants of the earth will
    be amazed because of his surviving it and will give credence to his proclaiming to be God. We also know that the beast also refers to an individual and that because both the beast and the false prophet
    are thrown "Alive" into the lake of fire.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Jerusalem counts but if you don't agree then fine.




    Psa_30:7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
    This verse refers to Jerusalem, where the house of David was being dedicated.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Arizona...desert dweller
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE DEADLY WOUND: Person or Empire? Who Caused the Wound? Who Healed the Wound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmcal57 View Post
    Hello seeker_truth,

    A mountain does not always represent and empire or kingdom. Sometimes a mountain is a mountain. The deadly wound is receive by the that eighth king, who is the beast that comes up from the Abyss.
    Surely, you are not going to tell me that a kingdom is coming up from the Abyss, are you? Furthermore, that second beast, the false prophet has the inhabitants of the earth make an image of the first
    beast whose fatal wound was healed and therefore, it could not be an image of a kingdom, but of that beast. We know that that it is an individual, because Scripture states that the beast who once was and now
    is not, is an eighth king and is going to his destruction. He is the one who receives the fatal wound.
    The beast out of the sea is a kingdom (Islamic) that receives a deadly wound by a sword (war).. The deadly wound is healed (peace agreement), and the dragon (Satan) gives the kingdom power to continue for 42 months.

    Hum, I can't image an Islamic group worse then ISIS.. Stronger then ISIS, yes..

    The Lord called the Kingdom of Babylon a destroying mountain..
    "And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the Lord.
    Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the Lord, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain." Jer.51:24-25

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WOUND
    By verseode in forum Poetry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 2nd 2011, 04:56 PM
  2. Head Wound
    By ross3421 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 11th 2010, 11:40 AM
  3. the first beast's fatal head wound
    By Nihil Obstat in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Mar 28th 2009, 09:16 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jan 29th 2009, 09:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •