Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "mercy triumphs over judgment"

Re: "mercy triumphs over judgment"

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    it is really a very important and core principle subject of the gospel.
    I totally agree ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Blog Entries

Hi Christinme,

I read back to our part of the conversation a while back and I also at this time have no idea where I was going in it.
    I remember partially but not completely and nothing came back to me when I read it--- it is disconnected.

Peace
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I totally agree ...

yes I do also , to me mercy is where everything comes and goes in Christ, we receive and give like a cup that is constantly filled and constantly pours out to the thirsty. If there is one thing man has in common it it the need for Gods mercy, because all of us have sinned, and have been sinned against by someone else. I find such a stark contrast to the governing principle over sin in the law of Moses , v. The law of mercy governing the gospel.

when dealing with a fellow sinner under Moses the people are commanded " show no mercy, let your eye have no pity, put the sinner to death , all will see and hear and they will fear, you must purge the sin from among you"

but in Christ " if someone sins against you Seventy times in one day , forgive them and you will be forgiven.....cast no stones u less you yourself are without sin....forgive and you will be forgiven , be merciful as you father in heaven is merciful....

took me years to realize why it is contrary

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I totally agree ...

yes I do also , to me mercy is where everything comes and goes in Christ, we receive and give like a cup that is constantly filled and constantly pours out to the thirsty. If there is one thing man has in common it it the need for Gods mercy, because all of us have sinned, and have been sinned against by someone else. I find such a stark contrast to the governing principle over sin in the law of Moses , v. The law of mercy governing the gospel.

when dealing with a fellow sinner under Moses the people are commanded " show no mercy, let your eye have no pity, put the sinner to death , all will see and hear and they will fear, you must purge the sin from among you"

but in Christ " if someone sins against you Seventy times in one day , forgive them and you will be forgiven.....cast no stones u less you yourself are without sin....forgive and you will be forgiven , be merciful as you father in heaven is merciful....

took me years to realize why it is contrary

Thread Information