Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politifact: 93% of Rush Limbaugh's Claims are Half-True, Mostly False, False or Worse

Politifact: 93% of Rush Limbaugh's Claims are Half-True, Mostly False, False or Worse

According to Politifact, an incredible 82% of Rush Limbaugh's claims fall into the categories of Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire. Atrocious lies are rated “Pants on Fire.” If you add in claims that are Half True, the figure goes up to 93%.

In other words, Politifact finds that about 7% of what Rush Limbaugh says is true. That's not very much.

Link:
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rush-limbaugh/

Re: Politifact: 93% of Rush Limbaugh's Claims are Half-True, Mostly False, False or W

Quote Originally Posted by OneCandle View Post
    According to Politifact, an incredible 82% of Rush Limbaugh's claims fall into the categories of Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire. Atrocious lies are rated “Pants on Fire.” If you add in claims that are Half True, the figure goes up to 93%.

In other words, Politifact finds that about 7% of what Rush Limbaugh says is true. That's not very much.

Link:
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/rush-limbaugh/

It is obvious they do NOT get the way Rush speaks to his audience. He does not state that as a fact, for example NBC almost went off the Air the
    air to deal with the situation. It was a way to describe how NBC operates with all the Liberal slant, that they somehow have to make sure the new story has a liberal twist, so they have to "huddle up" to make sure they put their spin on it. Get It?
    Get it???
    When Seconds Count, the Police are only Minutes Away.
    Proud Supporter of the Right to Carry

Re: Politifact: 93% of Rush Limbaugh's Claims are Half-True, Mostly False, False or W

* Perhaps Limbaugh's biggest lie of 2014 is the claim that the Obama Administration planned the influx of children over the border with Mexico. Politifact rated this claim as “Pants on Fire,” in other words, an atrocious lie.

This rating is informed by the views of members of the Border Patrol and other people with direct experience of the situation. There is a difference between planning for a predictable crisis and causing the crisis, Politifact explains.
    Last edited by OneCandle; Jan 25th 2015 at 02:56 AM. Reason: type size

Blog Entries

I'd rather have an entertainer be loose with the facts than a lying President.

Politi"Fact" doesn't "get" Limbaugh. They don't test what Anderson Cooper or Chris Matthews say for factual content, because 1) Politi"Fact" is a liberal shill, and 2) they recognize Cooper and Matthews as "commentators" which is what Limbaugh is, too. Guaranteed Cooper and Matthews stretch the truth as much or more than Rush, but Politi"Fact" doesn't mind a liberal slant on the "news."

I'd like to see a fact-checker go through Politi"Fact"'s files and see how truthful that hack organization is with it's "investigations."
    The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
    "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
    The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.
    It is good that he wait's silently For the Salvation of the LORD.
    (Lamentations 3:22-26)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Politi"Fact" doesn't "get" Limbaugh. They don't test what Anderson Cooper or Chris Matthews say for factual content, because 1) Politi"Fact" is a liberal shill, and 2) they recognize Cooper and Matthews as "commentators" which is what Limbaugh is, too. Guaranteed Cooper and Matthews stretch the truth as much or more than Rush, but Politi"Fact" doesn't mind a liberal slant on the "news."

I'd like to see a fact-checker go through Politi"Fact"'s files and see how truthful that hack organization is with it's "investigations."
    And then there's that......LOL.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see a fact-checker go through Politi"Fact"'s files and see how truthful that hack organization is with it's "investigations."[/FONT][/SIZE]
    And that is key. Who is PolitiFact? What is their bias? Where did they learn their methods? Who funds them?

Before anyone should quote a politically active group like this, they need to ask and answer questions like these!

For a minute there, I thought I was reading an article from the Huff Post.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Blog Entries

Here's a good article about the extreme liberal bias of Politi-fact -

http://www.politifactbias.com

Warrior, I'll try to answer your challenge.

Politifact on Chris Matthews
    Here's a Chris Matthews claim that Politifact rated “False.”

On tax inversions, the Wall Street Journal*"surprisingly attacked this tax scheme."
    — Chris Matthews on Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 in a broadcast of MSNBC's "Hardball"

Burger King has said that it will move its headquarters to Canada after buying Tim Horton's, a Canadian donut chain. Chris Matthews opposes Burger King's move because it will hurt US tax revenues. He said that an editorial in the Wall Street Journal opposed the move as well.

Politifact: << We asked many tax experts to interpret the Wall Street Journal’s editorial and not a single one agreed with Matthews. ...We rate the claim False. >>

Link:
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...e-burger-king/

Here is a case where Politifact rated a claim by Chris Matthews as Mostly False.

Summary of claim:
    << Says Dick Cheney "de-Ba’athisized the Iraqi government and created ISIS."
    — Chris Matthews on Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 in a broadcast on MSNBC >>

Fuller quote of claim from story:
    << "Do not listen to Dick Cheney," Matthews said. "He's the one that created al-Qaida by taking over the holy land in Saudi Arabia. He’s the one that de-Ba’athisized the Iraqi government and created ISIS." >>

From here Politifact asks two questions:
    << Was Cheney responsible for de-Ba’athification? And how might that have led to the creation of ISIS? >>

Some support is found for the Chris Matthews position.
    << We find that Cheney played a key role in de-Ba’athification and in creating the circumstances that*led to the formation of ISIS. >>

However, Politifact finds that ex-Baathists “shifted back into the orbit of what became ISIS due to the repressive policies under Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki.”

On this basis, Matthews' claim is rated “Mostly False,” because the origin of ISIS is largely beyond US control and had other causes.

Link:
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...-created-isis/

Blog Entries

Why should I care what Politifact says? When did they, Bill Adair and the rest of the liberal left media become the bastions of truth?

When they become truly unbiased in their reporting and "fact checking" I'll care. Until then? Not so much.
    He's wild you know. Not like a tame lion.

Blog Entries

Here is a case where Politifact rated a claim by Chris Matthews as Mostly False.
    Who is PolitiFact? What is their bias? Where did they learn their methods? Who funds them? Before you quote a group like this, you need to answer those questions! Not for me, but for yourself. If they pan out, great... if not all you are being is a parrot for their liberal cause. Prove all things and answer four questions. Peace!

Blog Entries

Well, I can understand how the folks at Politifact can assume we're as gullible as their fan club, so perhaps it may come as a shock to them that we're not cut from the same cloth.

It's not a new strategy in "journalism" to create a facade of neutrality by cherry picking and debunking a handful of insanely crazy leftist claims (especially from the likes of Mr. Tingle) to purchase enough credibility to get away with a blanket condemnation of a targeted character (who just happens to be a major thorn in the side of progressives). Just because some of us are politially conservative it doesn't mean we spent our youth peeling turnips.

Warrior, I'll try to answer your challenge.

Politifact on Chris Matthews
    Here's a Chris Matthews claim that Politifact rated “False.”
    One, I issued no challenge.

Two, Politi"Fact" will never take the body of Matthews' wacky leftist views that he passes off as "commentary" and measure them the way they did Limbaugh. No amount of posturing, excusing or hyperventilating would ever cause me to take anything Politi"Fact" said as truthful, much less useful.
    The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
    "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
    The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.
    It is good that he wait's silently For the Salvation of the LORD.
    (Lamentations 3:22-26)

Thread Information